U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 09:56 AM

8,434 posts, read 4,943,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So you practically are not ready to do anything about alleviating world’s hunger besides praying to Jesus?
Why would it be necessary? If Jesus' promise is true, that's all we need do.

God rained manna from Heaven on the Israelites 6 days per week for 40 years. He can easily do that again, or miraculously make crops grow, or....lots of things which have never occurred to me, a mere mortal. He is omnipotent, you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 10:42 AM

3,438 posts, read 1,061,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Dear God:

Please help these lazy, shiftless poor people get off their a$$es and get some food.

Amen.

There. I've done my part.
Dear god, you know who will be a burden to this world before you created it.

I beg/pray, please change your plan or use your majik to not let their mothers get pregnant with these strains on the population.

Maybe revise that screwed up reproduction system, somehow an omniscient creator should have know about over population, and it not creating enough food?

so yea, we all know you screwed up this creation thing, and you regretted doing so (Gen 6:6), at least twice now or three time if you count your screw up with satan/lucifer.

p.s. couldn't you have programmed a man to not get an erection or have any desire to screw around with a child or anyone who doesn't give consent? You're god, you could have done that without a hint of violating free will.

Why did you approve of this human feature to rape or violating other people?

any chance you can fire up that Manna From Heaven (Exodus 16) sky food truck and start feeding your children.

If you can't take care of them then you shouldn't have created them.

Thaaaaaaaanks amen

Old 04-26-2019, 11:20 AM

1,621 posts, read 514,197 times
But religion doesn't want to end world hunger, Petunia. Where would they get all the new converts? I mean, feeding the hungry while preaching to them and telling them that your specific version of God is providing food for them is a good way to get new believers, after all.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:21 AM

8,434 posts, read 4,943,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
But religion doesn't want to end world hunger, Petunia. Where would they get all the new converts? I mean, feeding the hungry while preaching to them and telling them that your specific version of God is providing food for them is a good way to get new believers, after all.
If God rained manna from Heaven daily to feed the hungry, that would make a believer out of me.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:23 AM

1,621 posts, read 514,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
If God rained manna from Heaven daily to feed the hungry, that would make a believer out of me.
But we all know he stopped doing that stuff after Biblical times. And he certainly hasn't done anything remotely similar to that since we invented things like cameras. Funny that way, huh?

Old 04-26-2019, 12:21 PM

3,438 posts, read 1,061,640 times
Quote:
How about just creating humans to live off of grass?

Just think of all the luscious green dandelion free grass even people renting will keep green.

it's god..?? couldn't it think of this?

Old 04-26-2019, 04:56 PM

6,430 posts, read 5,983,199 times
Quote:

God rained manna from Heaven on the Israelites 6 days per week for 40 years.
God could have saved himself a lot of trouble by raining down a few maps.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:41 AM

15,001 posts, read 10,164,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Hunger persists because MAN does not share generously from the abundance that God has blessed him with. There is more than enough food.
OK then. Why doesn't your god make it rain where it is needed for crop growth? Let's see sufficient rain in Africa so that people can grow food for their families.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:31 AM

12,580 posts, read 4,757,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
OK then. Why doesn't your god make it rain where it is needed for crop growth? Let's see sufficient rain in Africa so that people can grow food for their families.

because he has the traits of his god wrong ... It in no way proves no god of any kind ... well, unless we strictly follow your type of god that is. Taught by your sect.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:43 AM

219 posts, read 74,856 times
Originally Posted by CCCyou
Hunger persists because MAN does not share generously from the abundance that God has blessed him with. There is more than enough food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Like I already stated - He intends for man to share- provides plenty of examples in the Bible & current world.

You can take up objections to His plan directly with Him yourself when your time comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality