U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 04:19 PM

4,167 posts, read 2,898,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You will probably get sick if you donít fart a few times everyday.
You canít stop your eyes from blinking for a couple of hours.
Sooner or later, you will be a pile of rotten flesh and decaying bones buried under 8 feet of dust.
You are only a subject to many, many limitations.
With this worth, I donít think you qualify to create a religion.
None of the stuff you mention are reasons not make your own religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
This is a myth or theology, not a religion.

A religion could require also that you have regular congregants in multiple generations, at least according to most Judges in the United States who grant the special State privilege of tax-breaks to Religions.
So far as I can tell from the dictionary, it's a religion, more or less. I'm calling it a religion anyway.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This man speaks the truth. Animals can sense spirits you know. This must be true because look at these dogs when they see Pooperscooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvkr6GBWLw
Beautiful

Old 05-03-2019, 04:42 PM

What I've tried to do with this thread is build a healthy meme. The way I see it, my religion depicts reality pretty accurately and teaches a healthy lesson, and I'd like it if it's entertaining enough to spread.

I'd like it if other people would invent fictional religions to, so the memes could compete...the only condition I'd insist upon is that they're all rooted in reality. I wouldn't want anyone to invent purely fictional deities...only to personify the existing universe in different ways. I think that'd be neat. Different people will perceive the universe, and the purpose of life, differently, even if they're all atheists. I'd like to see what those different perspectives look like...personified as gods and deities.

I know nobody's going to do that...because nobody on here knows how to have a good time...but I would like it if some people would do that...which they won't. Now I'm going to tell some more stories related to my fake religion because I find it amusing to do so...and I think it's a healthy activity, and because I want to encourage other people to do the same sort of thing, because it can be a lot of fun.

Last edited by Clintone; 05-03-2019 at 04:52 PM..

Old 05-03-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Thanks for the short story.
Make up some kind of nature goddess or something. That seems like the type of thing you'd like...some goddess that lives in nature and detests humanity's corrupting of the Earth. We can have yours fight mine.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:07 PM

How the God of Light saved the Earth.

The God of Light is the god of demons, and psychopaths, and all the forgotten and all lost souls. The God of Light is the god of all life, and remains with that life even when everything else has gone away. It is also the god of motherhood, because all life are its children. The God of Light's true name is "I" and every time anyone says "I" they are speaking of the God of Light. It is the god of the ego. It is the god of individuality, and personal identity.

The God of Darkness is benevolent being, a gentle being. It lives in the void between galaxies, and between stars, and between planets, and between molecules, and all the spaces between. It desires a gentle end to all life, so as to protect it from all suffering, forever.

The God of Darkness was wandering the cosmos one day, and it found an ancient city - a city that had existed for billions of years. It was filled with beings not so different from gods themselves - gods made gods through their technology. They were aliens who worshipped the God of Darkness, though they'd never met it before.

The aliens had a cultural practice, a cultural practice nearly as ancient as their city, of destroying all life they found...to protect that life from the challenges of living. They had scourged a wide path through the cosmos.

The God of Light's new presence inspired them and invigorated them, and sent them on a new holy quest, to head to a little blue world they'd seen in their telescopes called Earth. It was a chaotic world, a place of violence and defined by its life that existed in a perpetual Darwinian maelstrom. It was a world that the God of Darkness wanted to cease to be.

The aliens left their home in their warp drive ships, and entered the spaces between the spaces between spaces, and in an instant crossed fifty thousand light years to Earth.

To the God of Darkness, and the aliens who worshipped it, life on Earth was but a mistake - an error to correct. All the dreams of the inhabitants of Earth were inconsequential in their eyes. They cared only about the greater good, and what they saw on Earth was a self-perpetuating Darwinian maelstrom - humans and animals blindly reproducing and competing to pull life into existence that had no way of deciding whether it wanted to exist or not.

The God of light saw that her children were in danger - her children on Earth. She saw billions of dreams in danger of going unfulfilled. She saw a world that was about to be swept under the metaphorical rug. Her anger turned her into a red dragon, and smoke emerged from her nose. She flew down to Earth and prepared to defend her children, and she did defend her children.

She flew into the body of a baby, a baby beloved by his parents, a baby bursting with life and potential, and the God of light made him glow with its inner fire, and flew it into the sky on dragon wings, so that all the aliens could see.

The aliens saw the baby's smile and its laughter. He had always liked the sunshine, and now it flew where there were no clouds. It was kept warm by the heat of dragon fire, and sheltered from the wind by dragon wings, but facing the aliens so they all could see.

The God of Light then entered the minds of the aliens, and brought with it the love of the baby's parents, into each alien mind, and showed them what the parents of the baby see.

The aliens packed their bags and left back home. They didn't know why. They just did. They had discovered an unexplainable reason not to destroy the Earth when they looked at that child.

The God of light never forgets about any of its children. It's real name is "I."

Old 05-03-2019, 06:18 PM

6,179 posts, read 2,026,634 times
I'm not as creative as you but I would like to see a "God of Sound". I think it would dovetail nicely with all that vibration and higher frequency thing.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:15 PM

7,900 posts, read 4,655,431 times
Quote:
What's that some arrogant science stuff?
Most arrogant, most bashing, most insulting, most oppressive...

...science and logic-based response.

haha, good job L8. Pointed out the example of the religious viewpoint against critique quite nicely.

Quote:
I'm not as creative as you but I would like to see a "God of Sound". I think it would dovetail nicely with all that vibration and higher frequency thing.
God of Positive Vibes, man.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:20 AM

Quote:
I don't know enough about sound to do that...but if anyone else wants to and posts it on this thread, or any invented god-ish being, that'd be kind of cool.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Most arrogant, most bashing, most insulting, most oppressive...

...science and logic-based response.

haha, good job L8. Pointed out the example of the religious viewpoint against critique quite nicely.

God of Positive Vibes, man.
I assume you're talking about the "Dude" from the movie "The Big Lebowski."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or