U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Status: "Do not nuke the squirrels." (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Missouri, USA
4,167 posts, read 2,898,898 times
Reputation: 1917

Advertisements

In the beginning there naught but was Pooperscootie.

And Pooperscootie is all that is, all that was, and all that will be.

In the beginning Pooperscootie was kind of Pooperscootie, and kind of not Pooperscootie, depending on how you define Pooperscootie. For some long, or short, or infinite period of time in the past, or future, or alternate timeline Pooperscootie wasn't yet alive.

I wouldn't be until the first life had formed that Pooperscootie first came alive.

When the first life gained the ability to eat, Pooperscootie's belly began to rumble.

When the first life opened its eyes, Pooperscootie found it could see.

As life became self-aware, so did Pooperscootie. It became the universe, and all else that exists, has existed, and will exist, contemplating itself.

As Pooperscootie's mind began to evolve it dreamed up two children: One was the god of light, and life, and passion. The other was the god of darkness, death, and calmness.

Both children wished for nothing more than to destroy their parent Pooperscootie, and both children wished for nothing more than to assist their parent Pooperscootie, each in their own way.


The God of Light wanted Pooperscootie to live, and not just to live, but to seize every minute of the day, to be driven by passions and dreams of wonders and ideals.


The God of Darkness wanted Pooperscootie to die, to sink back into the nothingness from which it had emerged, back into gentle peace and eternal tranquility.


The God of Light wanted Pooperscootie to thrash about violently, succumbing to every whim, every vengeful impulse and carnal desire.


The God of Darkness wanted Pooperscootie to give up its hopes and dreams and fantasies and ambitions and let them crumble and die.


Pooperscootie didn't know which of its children to follow the advice of, and it still doesn't know, and that's why the beings who compose it have differing views about the purpose of things.


The God of Darkness wants to kill, if not life itself, then at least the ego, to help mortal beings to bend, to adapt, to mold themselves to better fit the cosmos. And once the ego is gone, once selfish dreams and ambitions and ideals and joys and driving passions are gone, what is left of life that's worth living?


The God of Light wants, above all else, the ego to live, to help mortal beings to revel in their existences, but with an untamed ego, resulting in pirates singing their bawdy ditties in brotherly narcissism, and Darwinian chaos, how can any life survive such reckless fires of passion for long?


The God of Darkness taught the beings who comprise Pooperscootie that they are pieces of the greater whole, that they each are pieces of one, unified being. The God of Darkness taught them that when they look into each other's eyes, it's not so different from looking into a mirror. The God of Darkness taught them that harming one's brother or sister is not so different from harming oneself, and only a fool would harm oneself. The God of Darkness taught them that we are one.

The God of Light then reminded them of their children, their lovely children, and their wives and husbands, and their families and friends, and their dreams and passions and hobbies. It reminded them of violin playing, and dancing, and individuality, and it spoke up within each being saying "I am me!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2019, 08:19 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,898 posts, read 4,655,431 times
Reputation: 1321
This is a myth or theology, not a religion.

A religion could require also that you have regular congregants in multiple generations, at least according to most Judges in the United States who grant the special State privilege of tax-breaks to Religions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2019, 09:02 PM
 
4,248 posts, read 1,560,119 times
Reputation: 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
In the beginning there naught but was Pooperscootie.

And Pooperscootie is all that is, all that was, and all that will be.

In the beginning Pooperscootie was kind of Pooperscootie, and kind of not Pooperscootie, depending on how you define Pooperscootie. For some long, or short, or infinite period of time in the past, or future, or alternate timeline Pooperscootie wasn't yet alive.

I wouldn't be until the first life had formed that Pooperscootie first came alive.

When the first life gained the ability to eat, Pooperscootie's belly began to rumble.

When the first life opened its eyes, Pooperscootie found it could see.

As life became self-aware, so did Pooperscootie. It became the universe, and all else that exists, has existed, and will exist, contemplating itself.

As Pooperscootie's mind began to evolve it dreamed up two children: One was the god of light, and life, and passion. The other was the god of darkness, death, and calmness.

Both children wished for nothing more than to destroy their parent Pooperscootie, and both children wished for nothing more than to assist their parent Pooperscootie, each in their own way.


The God of Light wanted Pooperscootie to live, and not just to live, but to seize every minute of the day, to be driven by passions and dreams of wonders and ideals.


The God of Darkness wanted Pooperscootie to die, to sink back into the nothingness from which it had emerged, back into gentle peace and eternal tranquility.


The God of Light wanted Pooperscootie to thrash about violently, succumbing to every whim, every vengeful impulse and carnal desire.


The God of Darkness wanted Pooperscootie to give up its hopes and dreams and fantasies and ambitions and let them crumble and die.


Pooperscootie didn't know which of its children to follow the advice of, and it still doesn't know, and that's why the beings who compose it have differing views about the purpose of things.


The God of Darkness wants to kill, if not life itself, then at least the ego, to help mortal beings to bend, to adapt, to mold themselves to better fit the cosmos. And once the ego is gone, once selfish dreams and ambitions and ideals and joys and driving passions are gone, what is left of life that's worth living?


The God of Light wants, above all else, the ego to live, to help mortal beings to revel in their existences, but with an untamed ego, resulting in pirates singing their bawdy ditties in brotherly narcissism, and Darwinian chaos, how can any life survive such reckless fires of passion for long?


The God of Darkness taught the beings who comprise Pooperscootie that they are pieces of the greater whole, that they each are pieces of one, unified being. The God of Darkness taught them that when they look into each other's eyes, it's not so different from looking into a mirror. The God of Darkness taught them that harming one's brother or sister is not so different from harming oneself, and only a fool would harm oneself. The God of Darkness taught them that we are one.

The God of Light then reminded them of their children, their lovely children, and their wives and husbands, and their families and friends, and their dreams and passions and hobbies. It reminded them of violin playing, and dancing, and individuality, and it spoke up within each being saying "I am me!"
You will probably get sick if you don’t fart a few times everyday.
You can’t stop your eyes from blinking for a couple of hours.
Sooner or later, you will be a pile of rotten flesh and decaying bones buried under 8 feet of dust.
You are only a subject to many, many limitations.
With this worth, I don’t think you qualify to create a religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2019, 09:21 PM
 
6,742 posts, read 4,019,993 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
In the beginning there naught but was Pooperscootie.

And Pooperscootie is all that is, all that was, and all that will be.

In the beginning Pooperscootie was kind of Pooperscootie, and kind of not Pooperscootie, depending on how you define Pooperscootie. For some long, or short, or infinite period of time in the past, or future, or alternate timeline Pooperscootie wasn't yet alive.

I wouldn't be until the first life had formed that Pooperscootie first came alive.

When the first life gained the ability to eat, Pooperscootie's belly began to rumble.

When the first life opened its eyes, Pooperscootie found it could see.

As life became self-aware, so did Pooperscootie. It became the universe, and all else that exists, has existed, and will exist, contemplating itself.

As Pooperscootie's mind began to evolve it dreamed up two children: One was the god of light, and life, and passion. The other was the god of darkness, death, and calmness.

Both children wished for nothing more than to destroy their parent Pooperscootie, and both children wished for nothing more than to assist their parent Pooperscootie, each in their own way.


The God of Light wanted Pooperscootie to live, and not just to live, but to seize every minute of the day, to be driven by passions and dreams of wonders and ideals.


The God of Darkness wanted Pooperscootie to die, to sink back into the nothingness from which it had emerged, back into gentle peace and eternal tranquility.


The God of Light wanted Pooperscootie to thrash about violently, succumbing to every whim, every vengeful impulse and carnal desire.


The God of Darkness wanted Pooperscootie to give up its hopes and dreams and fantasies and ambitions and let them crumble and die.


Pooperscootie didn't know which of its children to follow the advice of, and it still doesn't know, and that's why the beings who compose it have differing views about the purpose of things.


The God of Darkness wants to kill, if not life itself, then at least the ego, to help mortal beings to bend, to adapt, to mold themselves to better fit the cosmos. And once the ego is gone, once selfish dreams and ambitions and ideals and joys and driving passions are gone, what is left of life that's worth living?


The God of Light wants, above all else, the ego to live, to help mortal beings to revel in their existences, but with an untamed ego, resulting in pirates singing their bawdy ditties in brotherly narcissism, and Darwinian chaos, how can any life survive such reckless fires of passion for long?


The God of Darkness taught the beings who comprise Pooperscootie that they are pieces of the greater whole, that they each are pieces of one, unified being. The God of Darkness taught them that when they look into each other's eyes, it's not so different from looking into a mirror. The God of Darkness taught them that harming one's brother or sister is not so different from harming oneself, and only a fool would harm oneself. The God of Darkness taught them that we are one.

The God of Light then reminded them of their children, their lovely children, and their wives and husbands, and their families and friends, and their dreams and passions and hobbies. It reminded them of violin playing, and dancing, and individuality, and it spoke up within each being saying "I am me!"
Unfortunately...this is just more of the dumbstuff that is typical of this forum...with no real purpose but to mock and insult religion and religious believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2019, 10:53 PM
 
Location: Pacific 🌉 įN, 🌄įW
10,914 posts, read 4,685,691 times
Reputation: 6938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
In the beginning there naught but was Pooperscootie.

And Pooperscootie is all that is, all that was, and all that will be. [snip]
Thanks for the short story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2019, 06:29 PM
 
Location: minnesota
6,179 posts, read 2,026,634 times
Reputation: 2114
This man speaks the truth. Animals can sense spirits you know. This must be true because look at these dogs when they see Pooperscooter.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvkr6GBWLw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Sierra Nevada Land, CA
8,280 posts, read 8,984,946 times
Reputation: 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This man speaks the truth. Animals can sense spirits you know. This must be true because look at these dogs when they see Pooperscooter.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvkr6GBWLw
Actually those dogs have worms. Serious need to visit a vet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Status: "Are we living in Idiocracy?" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Gulf Coast
1,632 posts, read 518,433 times
Reputation: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You will probably get sick if you donít fart a few times everyday.
You canít stop your eyes from blinking for a couple of hours.
Sooner or later, you will be a pile of rotten flesh and decaying bones buried under 8 feet of dust.
You are only a subject to many, many limitations.
With this worth, I donít think you qualify to create a religion.
Who do you think created ALL religions? Humans.... Therefore, you are saying that no one is qualified to create a religion, including those that created Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc etc. Glad we are on the same page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 03:41 PM
 
Location: minnesota
6,179 posts, read 2,026,634 times
Reputation: 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Actually those dogs have worms. Serious need to visit a vet
What's that some arrogant science stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 04:18 PM
Status: "Do not nuke the squirrels." (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Missouri, USA
4,167 posts, read 2,898,898 times
Reputation: 1917
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Unfortunately...this is just more of the dumbstuff that is typical of this forum...with no real purpose but to mock and insult religion and religious believers.
Gldnrule...I would thought this is the sort of thing you'd encourage, what with your tendency to call God whatever the heck you want to call it.

This is literally my religion. It's an atheistic religion. I didn't think it up just to make a joke on this forum. I've talked about it before. You can find me talking about pieces of it on my blog. The sorts of personification involve help me deal with my fear of death and make life more entertaining to me. I probably care more about these fictional gods...kind of fictional...really they're just personified aspects of the existing universe...than most people I know.

I like the idea of people making up their own fictional religions too. It's fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top