Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 03:47 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleB93 View Post
Have you ever stop whatever you were doing and just thought about everything that went on in this world? The fights...wars...murders, and the list goes on, that we see on the news today?

God's Word (the Bible) states in 1 John 5:19 - We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.

That scripture shows us that, YES, Jehovah is the creator over everything, HOWEVER, Satan is controlling the evilness in this world, he's the ruler of this world, and that's what this particular scripture is informing us.
I can't believe people are still using the Bible to prove the Bible. I mean ... seriously ...

The Bible cannot prove its own writing - which means, no, 1 John 5:19 doesn't prove anything at all no matter how much you want it to.

Ironically, most of the wars originate due to religion. Most of the murders result from our extremely unequal and unfair distribution of resources - a distribution system that is more often than not championed by the religious right.

The Bible may say one thing - but reality says something completely different.

And ... just as an aside - since I don't want to spend all day elaborating on how silly this is - please explain to me why a good, just, fair, compassionate, forgiving, and loving god would give his arch-enemy dominion over his own creation? You know, the creation he CLAIMS to love? "For so he loved us that he gave his only begotten son" and yada yada. Interesting how his "only begotten son" ran off to heaven and in his place we get ... Satan?

This to you reflects God's nature, I suppose? Because what parent would lock a child in a room with Jeffery Dahlmer or some other murderer and pedophile? That's what you're saying God did with humanity - locked us all in a room with Satan. And then God, I'm sure, will blame humanity for our inability to fight a supernatural creature with superpowers. How dare us!

How many times, do you think, will God set up humanity to fail - just so God can act indignant, angry, and wrathful? If anyone is in dire need of anger management classes, it's Yahweh. I guess the Garden of Eden set-up wasn't enough, eh?

It's so ... rediculous on its face that anyone can believe in this that I'm finding myself increasingly at a loss for words. Nor do I care to find any these days since this particular nation, at any rate, is simply too ignorant to compete in the world today. What's worse is that creationism is gaining ever more traction and ... well ... I suppose I'm feeling more like - what do I care if people want to believe we're being ruled over by a supernatural demon prince? Yeah, at times I thought it would be kewl to believe I was living in some high fantasy novel, too, but I grew up.

Last edited by Shirina; 05-03-2019 at 03:56 AM..

Old 05-03-2019, 03:55 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Have you ever stop whatever you were doing and just thought about everything that went on in this world? The fights...wars...murders, and the list goes on, that we see on the news today?

God's Word (the Bible) states in 1 John 5:19 - We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.

That scripture shows us that, YES, Jehovah is the creator over everything, HOWEVER, Satan is controlling the evilness in this world, he's the ruler of this world, and that's what this particular scripture is informing us.
Calm down everyone.

These drive-by posts are designed by someone as conversation starters. Everyone knows how these topics will go...it's like going into a Klan meeting and asking "do you think people of color have any redeeming qualities"? Of course, you know what the replies will be but it gives the crowd a little red meat to mill over for the zillionth time.

No offense to the Klan because I am sure they are open any evidence people of color can present... it's just that maybe they haven't been presented any evidence that the Klan can verify to their satisfaction.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:04 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Let’s not forget the Illuminati...
And the Trilateral Commission - oh yeah - and the Council on Foreign Relations.

And the Skull and Bones secret society - and whoever has an invite to the Bohemian Grove.

The Free Masons, too - and all European royalty - Obama's dog - Reagan's jellybeans - Trump's golf clubs - Area 51 aliens - Chaney and Haliburton - all the parents from Sandy Hook - the people who inside jobbed the WTC - Alex Jones (he's one of them, don't let him fool you) and the Reynold's Wrap tin foil company.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:21 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
I can't believe people are still using the Bible to prove the Bible. I mean ... seriously ...

The Bible cannot prove its own writing - which means, no, 1 John 5:19 doesn't prove anything at all no matter how much you want it to.

Ironically, most of the wars originate due to religion. Most of the murders result from our extremely unequal and unfair distribution of resources - a distribution system that is more often than not championed by the religious right.

And ... just as an aside - since I don't want to spend all day elaborating on how silly this is - please explain to me why a good, just, fair, compassionate, forgiving, and loving god would give his arch-enemy dominion over his own creation? You know, the creation he CLAIMS to love? "For so he loved us that he gave his only begotten son" and yada yada. Interesting how his "only begotten son" ran off to heaven and in his place we get ... Satan?

This to you reflects God's nature, I suppose? Because what parent would lock a child in a room with Jeffery Dahlmer or some other murderer and pedophile? That's what you're saying God did with humanity - locked us all in a room with Satan. And then God, I'm sure, will blame humanity for our inability to fight a supernatural creature with superpowers. How dare us!

How many times, do you think, will God set up humanity to fail - just so God can act indignant, angry, and wrathful? If anyone is in dire need of anger management classes, it's Yahweh. I guess the Garden of Eden set-up wasn't enough, eh?

It's so ... rediculous on its face that anyone can believe in this that I'm finding myself increasingly at a loss for words. Nor do I care to find any these days since this particular nation, at any rate, is simply too ignorant to compete in the world today. What's worse is that creationism is gaining ever more traction and ... well ... I suppose I'm feeling more like - what do I care if people want to believe we're being ruled over by a supernatural demon prince? Yeah, at times I thought it would be kewl to believe I was living in some high fantasy novel, too, but I grew up.
I envy those with dual citzenship.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:33 AM

1,304 posts, read 855,586 times
Corporations and a handful of billionaires rule the world...most may be as evil as Satan.

I probably should read the bible more, but I seem to recall that at some point near the end, the evil angels, etc. are loosed from their prison to wreak havoc (more than usual) upon the Earth....is that correct? Sure seems like it. What is up with all the mass shootings? It's insane. Why are people suddenly doing these things? I mean, I'm sort of old, and I remember some mass killings/shootings back in the 60's or so, but not like now.....then it was a rarity, now it's every night on the news.....it does seem like some sort of evil is messing with people's minds......

Old 05-03-2019, 11:49 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times
Quote:

Unfortunately the course of human events continues to largely be directed by the nonsense invented by stupid humans.

https://d3o372dlsg9lxo.cloudfront.ne...5_01_E2857.jpg

Old 05-03-2019, 03:16 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post

This man accepted a study with a couple of JWs and brought this up to them. I started the video at the point this subject is discussed if you're interested.

https://youtu.be/EWeHB4qM1Hg?t=332

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 05-03-2019 at 03:32 PM..

Old 05-03-2019, 03:32 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I thought it was the Rothchilds, the bilderberg group, and the Freemasons?
like the Illuminati ?

Old 05-03-2019, 03:53 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This man accepted a study with a couple of JWs and brought this up to them. I started the video at the point this subject is discussed if you're interested.

https://youtu.be/EWeHB4qM1Hg?t=332
Interesting points, especially in how they presented no real logical or realistic argument but just a series of pre-programmed responses and points. There is often very little reason logic and thinking in the minds of extreme theists, such as JWs and Fundies. They cannot seem to think or use rational arguments, but have to default to a basic "well the Bible says this" or some other irrational response.

I once asked a friend to describe for me the nature of God and the meaning of life Without using the Bible as a source or reference...he said "I can't"

Which tells me that there is very little actual THINKING going on and mostly just the parroting of other answers......which may not even work or fit the argument

Anyone who actually THINKS would have an advantage in not just any argument, but in Life in General

Old 05-03-2019, 04:15 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Interesting points, especially in how they presented no real logical or realistic argument but just a series of pre-programmed responses and points. There is often very little reason logic and thinking in the minds of extreme theists, such as JWs and Fundies. They cannot seem to think or use rational arguments, but have to default to a basic "well the Bible says this" or some other irrational response.

I once asked a friend to describe for me the nature of God and the meaning of life Without using the Bible as a source or reference...he said "I can't"

Which tells me that there is very little actual THINKING going on and mostly just the parroting of other answers......which may not even work or fit the argument

Anyone who actually THINKS would have an advantage in not just any argument, but in Life in General
Before I realized what this was I asked an innocent question of my mom that she tried to give me a scripted response to. I fully expected a reasonable answer. When I took her off script her eyes actually went dead. It was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen. It looked like she wanted to attack me. She actually hissed when she said "where else could I have learned God's name is Jehovah!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality