U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 11:10 AM

7,904 posts, read 4,657,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
God controls the world......... except when Satan controls the world........ except when man's "free will" controls the world.

It's that simple.
You forgot one: except that Yahweh can control (and thus technically "DOES" control) Satan and demons, as they must listen to God (such as in exorcisms) and ask God for permission (such as in the story of Job). And also controls the constraints and outcomes of "man's wills" based on the hardening or unhardening of their hearts/emotions (such as in the story of Pharaoh).

Old 05-05-2019, 07:31 PM

13,125 posts, read 5,335,201 times
The laws of physics control the world. If you doubt it, pray to God every day that gravity stops working.

Old Yesterday, 04:34 AM

483 posts, read 156,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I will admit its hard to discuss this, considering that, in the realm where God, satan reside, there is NO time, so its almost impossible for us to understand that
According to the realm where Satan resides it is an easy one to answer, that adversary was found to exist in and with Adam and Eve, that spirit of man, that corruption...and God separated himself from them; told Adam to go tend his own gardens upon earth, and "Woes!" would come upon the woman, and for that Lying Tongue to eat dust and die all the days of its life upon earth. Satan/Evil never existed in heaven with God, never returned to the garden, and that Lying Tongue of Man, that subtle talking serpent, still exists today, and is who is really controlling and destroying the earth, making it unfit for life...and there is No Other Devil Destroyer of Life in the entire universe, except for mankind here upon earth and the source of all this wickedness upon earth comes from his lips and the doings of his own hands. And the place Satan exists, upon earth, where he resides only with Man, has a short time left until his own undoings destroy his own environment, the source of his own existence. O Fools!

In this biblical story, the good and evil doings of Men is, for the most part, evil only in the eyes of God; and the good and evil of God is but judgement and justice; "I will recompense your own ways upon you," saith the Lord to mankind; "You will reap as you sow," saith the Lord to mankind; "I will use your own devices against you," saith the Lord. And you atheist, or religions, want no part of this wisdom; and even if God didn't exist, he seems to be a lot smarter than you people that are controlling the earth, the people, and the whole world. And here we sit today, on the brink of what?

In this story, God created the heaven and the earth out of "Stuff." The source of life begins with the waters; consciousness arose from the waters; and what has Man done unto the waters? The oceans are polluted, unknown chemical runoff contaminates our drinking water, and everything we need to know to make and informed decision is "Redacted." They cover up their own crimes of destruction.

I wonder, who do you think is really controlling this mess we find ourselves in today, who created it? who is causing it? who is promoting it?

And you think this is silly? Yet the Chief Atheist here claims to only know 4% of everything is all that really exists. Dark Energy is Eternal Energy that comes from "Nothing;" Something that doesn't exist from a place that doesn't exist...You believe in Magic...certainly your Chief Atheist here believes in some powerful kind of Magic and presents the most unreasonable concept I can imagine. He Blames God is the only problem here. He is a Bigot: a person who is intolerantly convinced of a particular creed, opinion, and practice the actions and beliefs of a bigot that hears nothing but himself, which is the cause of all the problems we face today; and there is no wicked deed that money cannot buy; money talks, and people listen and do accordingly; they give and serve their lives, their very breath, their very deeds that we face today because of the gods of money. Why? you put your faith in the gods of money and spend your lives doing whatsoever money demands...that is you god...and the reason the world is reeling like a drunkard...according to this biblical story.

Old Yesterday, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The laws of physics control the world. If you doubt it, pray to God every day that gravity stops working.
The "Laws of Men," their governments are controlled and infested by corrupt corporations that is writing and continually changing their own laws, which government approves without even reading, to suit their own $$$ desires is what is controlling the "World." If you doubt that, pray to yourself or your king or your money gods, and see if they stop the wantonness of their own actions. Physics does not control what you decide to think, say, or do...physics is dealing with how, not why; the actions of matter and energy, other than those restricted to living matter and to chemical changes: How you kill a cow, is not the Why you kill a cow.

Old Yesterday, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
You forgot one: except that Yahweh can control (and thus technically "DOES" control) Satan and demons, as they must listen to God (such as in exorcisms) and ask God for permission (such as in the story of Job). And also controls the constraints and outcomes of "man's wills" based on the hardening or unhardening of their hearts/emotions (such as in the story of Pharaoh).
What an idiotic concept you have created for yourself.

Old Yesterday, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
The Bible cannot prove its own writing - which means, no, 1 John 5:19 doesn't prove anything at all no matter how much you want it to.
And neither does anything you write or say; yet I know the whole world is wallowing in wickedness. I don't need any proof, and your own writing proves nothing otherwise.

Old Yesterday, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
What a perfect heaven, "once perfect always perfect" they always say.

The ultimate Creator(s) and Sustainer(s)/Controler(s) are ultimately responsible and "in control."

Really.
You seem to have missed the biblical concept that after the rejection of God and his ways he left *YOU* in control and responsible for your own ways; to reach your own "Promised Land" of your own doings. You created the world today because of your own decisions, your own actions, your own deeds that you control. And your own ways have brought you into the Promise Land full of curses, a Bottomless Pit of crime and corruption...why? It was your own decision. When did God ever make you do anything? When did God ever decide anything for you? God set you free to do as you desire. You were in control of yourself until you decided to serve the Kings of your own choosing, now you do and think and know only what they decide to tell you. And you only know what they decide to tell you to know...it's the Law of the Land and today, you have no choice, how else can you expect to live? And you will reach your own end shortly, with or without God...whom seems to be a lot more reasonable, and a lot better at controlling himself than you do.

You must believe in "They say" gossip. I wouldn't put much faith in that.

Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
Corporations and a handful of billionaires rule the world...most may be as evil as Satan.

I probably should read the bible more, but I seem to recall that at some point near the end, the evil angels, etc. are loosed from their prison to wreak havoc (more than usual) upon the Earth....is that correct? Sure seems like it. What is up with all the mass shootings? It's insane. Why are people suddenly doing these things? I mean, I'm sort of old, and I remember some mass killings/shootings back in the 60's or so, but not like now.....then it was a rarity, now it's every night on the news.....it does seem like some sort of evil is messing with people's minds......
If you want to know what an "Angel" is, read where Abraham saw two men afar off approaching and visited with him before continuing their way to Sodom and Gomorrah...After they had left "Abraham perceived them to be angles sent by God,"

Back in the 60's, I remember a kid that wanted to trade his electric guitar for my .22 rifle. Next morning, I had the rifle with me as I waited for the school bus, they saw it, opened the door and I climbed aboard and sat in a seat...nobody raised an eyebrow...took the gun to school, made the trade, no problem whatsoever.

What do they think God did to change all that? I know people are irresponsible for their own actions, it's not our fault, we didn't do anything, atoms are doing it...both the how and the why; not us attitude. I think they have gone senseless.

Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
In regards to the OPs question...I think if 'the veil' of reality were pulled aside... we would see some 'very unusual looking entities' pulling the strings.
With some very unusual looking names and titles using money as bait: the source of everything.

Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
How true, so true, with heaven and the earth and God as my witness: "Unfortunately the course of human events continues to largely be directed by the nonsense invented by stupid humans," and their stupid violent religions, and their stupid violent kings, and their stupid violent governments all created by men, which in the end kill off themselves and destroy the earth by their own deeds...Where have I heard that before? Oh, the Bible...

Moderator cut: Five paragraphs unrelated to Religion or Spirituality were removed.
I guess it got ugly...I hope NONONSENSEGUY got the whole version...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality