U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM

7,904 posts, read 4,657,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
What an idiotic concept you have created for yourself.
What a dumb methodology of discussion you have employed.

I, at least, directly referenced the believes written into books currently venerated by Billions of self-labeled Abrahamic-Monotheist People.

The book of Job, The book of Exodus, and 3 of the 4 allowed Gospels.

If you happen to also favor such books, I beseech you to read them in their entirety again, measuredly this time, but not that slowly.

Furthermore, the book labeled 1 Samuel has Yahweh owning the evil/harmful spirits which torment people. Implying that the evil spirit is part of Yahweh's plan, and knows it, and is therefore sent/allowed by Yahweh for Yahweh's purposes.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; Yesterday at 10:31 AM..

Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM

Quote:
And neither does anything you write or say; yet I know the whole world is wallowing in wickedness. I don't need any proof, and your own writing proves nothing otherwise.
And neither does anything you write or say.
Look in a mirror. It is wicked to be ignorant and self-assured.
Your own writing proves nothing otherwise.

Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM

Quote:
You seem to have missed the biblical concept that after the rejection of God and his ways he left *YOU* in control and responsible for your own ways; to reach your own "Promised Land" of your own doings. You created the world today because of your own decisions, your own actions, your own deeds that you control. And your own ways have brought you into the Promise Land full of curses, a Bottomless Pit of crime and corruption...why? It was your own decision. When did God ever make you do anything? When did God ever decide anything for you? God set you free to do as you desire. You were in control of yourself until you decided to serve the Kings of your own choosing, now you do and think and know only what they decide to tell you. And you only know what they decide to tell you to know...it's the Law of the Land and today, you have no choice, how else can you expect to live? And you will reach your own end shortly, with or without God...whom seems to be a lot more reasonable, and a lot better at controlling himself than you do.

You must believe in "They say" gossip. I wouldn't put much faith in that.
I reject nothing. All goodness is welcome.

But are you saying instead that, as a Yahweh-&-Bibliolatry-accepter, you are out-of-control and irresponsible?
You have made no human decisions of your own beliefs, deeds, and actions? You are not "cursed" and "persecuted" for the Lord in a "worldly" pit of crime and corruption in the governments of Nations and Churches?

It is indeed your own decision. No imagined Gods ever caused or decided a single thing. They are not enslaving the imagined angels, genies, ghosts, or demons. They are not enslaving the real animals, plants, fungi, bacteria, and archaea.

When I was born, I was but a babe. Not in control of much of anything, let alone myself. Then as humans, you and I elected what we thought was best based on our abilities, exposures, and experiences. As such, in order to know if it is accurate or inaccurate, it MUST be tested. That is what it means to be in control and to be responsible.

Promised Land is a path you chose, not a destination.

Look in a mirror: you do, and think, and "know" only what they decide to tell you to "know." But that which is good can be questioned and tested and it reveals itself with diligence. That which is wrong falls apart on inspection and testing.

The Law of the Pure Land is not a feeling. There are so many open choices, and so many decisions, which are you allowed to faithfully or critically inspect?

2,000 years is short to an inhuman god. So then perhaps (if the given mythologies are true) with your timid curse/accusation, I'll live for 2,000 years as this human process of mental cognition.

Reason and self-control are indeed much worthy in themselves. A messenger of example (or an image of delusion and misguidedness) is not necessary to those who already see the Law.

Yet blindly, they say their Bibliolatries and Mythologies are true, and then move on to hide from proper testing and find excuses. There is no faith or loyalty in denying reasonable and self-controlled analysis or testing.

Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM

8,465 posts, read 4,958,718 times
Quote:
What an idiotic concept you have created for yourself.
Are you claiming that Luminous Truth is the author of the referenced portions of the Bible?

Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM

6,460 posts, read 6,000,160 times
Quote:
And neither does anything you write or say; yet I know the whole world is wallowing in wickedness. I don't need any proof, and your own writing proves nothing otherwise.
"Wallowing in wickedness".........Sounds kinda old English.

Do you go with "Hark......... who goes there" when the doorbell rings?

Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM

38,140 posts, read 10,389,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Are you claiming that Luminous Truth is the author of the referenced portions of the Bible?
Exactly. Auralmack fell into the trap of rewriting the Bible to make it say what he wanted to believe. It's a nutcracker- argument that God -apologists have dug themselves into (to mix the metaphors):Since the world contains Evil (according to the supposedly God -given morality which was given and should by any credible morality be His, too) God must somehow be Excused doing anything about other than getting an aircraft down in one piece or a boat picking up a couple of stranded kids and the like'Miracles' or'answered prayers', but not to the extent of saving a missionary out of reach of any but divine help : or being able to stop a cathedral burning down but nevertheless ensuring that the metal cross survived, Alleluia..

But this 'God cannot Really intervene in any way that was undeniably miraculous' with the Explanation that this would destroy Faith, is of course refuted by the Bible itself, because God often did intervene to do His Work, and detestable work it was,too. Hardening Pharaoh's heart when he was inclined to just let the Israelite's go anyway, is as classic as God endorsing slavery - another one that gets them all denialist.

And it's not just the OT, which, if all else fails, can just be dismissed under the 'Jesus changed everything' apologetic excuse. God screwed with Paul's Free Will in the most Blatant manner, because it suited Him to do it.

But we get Auralmack here getting very abusive, simply because one or two here are posting what he doesn't want to hear, and never mind that they are spot on and in accordance with what the Bible actually says, and he is not.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; Yesterday at 12:42 PM..

Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM

5,042 posts, read 2,022,543 times
The world isn't run by a person or persons. That's the starting point.

A better question is what runs the people? Even that doesn't have as easy of an answer as people think.

P.S. Don't go looking for "control"

Last edited by Thoreau424; Yesterday at 01:07 PM..

Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM

8,465 posts, read 4,958,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
"Wallowing in wickedness".........Sounds kinda old English.

Do you go with "Hark......... who goes there" when the doorbell rings?
At my house, we are fornicators. We giggle about this regularly. I think I am going to try to work "wallowing in wickedness" into conversation.

Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM

14,702 posts, read 11,786,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleB93 View Post
Have you ever stop whatever you were doing and just thought about everything that went on in this world? The fights...wars...murders, and the list goes on, that we see on the news today?
Well, at my age...I think I know why everything happens that happens; the power of the mind with it's thoughts and core beliefs, the power of where it's focus is placed or misplaced...
the ego and it's greed and jealousies...
the pain from birth, the
unfulfilled needs from our childhood being acted out on the world
stage between heads of state, since history has been recorded.
It's like watching children in a sand box.
Nothing Biblical about it...it's psychological destiny...if you're screwed up with unresolved traumas...
the world you create is screwed up...As the World Turns...

Good opening topic, imo. Welcome here.

Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM

54,759 posts, read 53,534,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
At my house, we are fornicators. We giggle about this regularly. I think I am going to try to work "wallowing in wickedness" into conversation.
I like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality