U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 08:55 AM

19,457 posts, read 19,585,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleB93 View Post
I understand what you're saying, but Jehovah gave everyone the chance of surviving, it was up to them if they were going to survive that flood, but everyone took Noah for a joke when he tried to warn them, so they paid the price. Yes, Jehovah did regret that, but put yourself in his shoes, he was hurt... we as humans regrets many things out of anger or hurt feelings. If Jehovah God wasn't about 'Love' then he wouldn't have bless us with variety of things, including waking us up every morning.
If there had been an allowance that everybody could have gotten on the ark, then either the instructions on how big to build it would have been subtantially different ...or...there didn't need to be a flood at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 09:29 AM

5,673 posts, read 2,215,789 times
Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but Jehovah gave everyone the chance of surviving, it was up to them if they were going to survive that flood, but everyone took Noah for a joke when he tried to warn them, so they paid the price. Yes, Jehovah did regret that, but put yourself in his shoes, he was hurt... we as humans regrets many things out of anger or hurt feelings. If Jehovah God wasn't about 'Love' then he wouldn't have bless us with variety of things, including waking us up every morning.
How exactly did the folks in Australia, Japan, the Americas and Siberia hear from Noah? Did they have the same opportunity as those inthe Middle East of joining Noah?

I am glad that at least Jehovah felt hurt killing all those infants, fetuses, kittens, puppies, baby elephants etc. Yesterday morning it was a flicker drilling a hole into my house that woke me up. I tbought abut the reason that the flike was doing so and not once did God or the devil enter my mind..

Old 05-09-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, but it was John who pointed out that "whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them." That fairly well covers the point.
The NT make lots of claims. It's not even the Holy book of the majority of believers on the planet. I have been in love with my wife for over 40 years and during those 40 plus years neither of us have lived in God so maybe John is not the expert Christians make him out to be.

If God is love then the rest of what is written in the Holy Books is meaningless.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:05 AM

16,064 posts, read 7,520,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The NT make lots of claims. It's not even the Holy book of the majority of believers on the planet. I have been in love with my wife for over 40 years and during those 40 plus years neither of us have lived in God so maybe John is not the expert Christians make him out to be.

If God is love then the rest of what is written in the Holy Books is meaningless.
Yes, it does make claims, and for the people who do believe some pretty good guidelines. One that is fairly unique is that God is love and we should try to have that concern for everyone that is characteristic. Good basis for community however you reach it.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:31 AM

8,479 posts, read 4,969,571 times
Quote:
Really? So if say a 5 year old child wanted to heed the warning, s/he could have left his/her parents and climbed aboard the ark? Weren't all of the infants and small children drowned along with adults?

How long was Noah building the ark? 120 years? That's a long time for Jehovah to be "hurt" while He pre-meditates genocide.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:34 AM

54,852 posts, read 53,594,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
How exactly did the folks in Australia, Japan, the Americas and Siberia hear from Noah? Did they have the same opportunity as those inthe Middle East of joining Noah?

I am glad that at least Jehovah felt hurt killing all those infants, fetuses, kittens, puppies, baby elephants etc. Yesterday morning it was a flicker drilling a hole into my house that woke me up. I tbought abut the reason that the flike was doing so and not once did God or the devil enter my mind..
OT, but a flicker was drilling a hole in your house?

I've only ever seen them out pecking at the lawn.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
OT, but a flicker was drilling a hole in your house?

I've only ever seen them out pecking at the lawn.
For the first 25 years flickers pecked at the kawn. This year the house. No evidence that they pecked at the house the 75 years before we moved here.

I don't think that they do that because of Satan. I shouldn't say they as I think it is only one flicker doing all the damage.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:15 PM

7,917 posts, read 4,665,486 times
Quote:
Do you pay the price if Muslims fail to convince you and they are right?
Do gods have fickle human emotions and insecurrities?
Does Yahweh also curse the world with dying in their sleep? Where do their souls go when their brains are knocked/passed out? And what of other curses with a variety of things? Don't the good suffer, after the evil blessed with a variety of things?

This doesn't make any sense. Seems more like the world is just natural, there was no world flood, no bottleneck of animals that fit into a boat with given dimensions of about 2 football fields cubed (if I recall correctly that detail).

1. No one else had boats?
2. How does an olive plant survive a total flood?
3. Why kill the world because they are evil humans, then say that since humans are evil, you won't kill the world with flooding anymore (but what, another way like fire?)?
4. How does fighting violence in the world with the violence of flooding prove or change anything?

There are better stories out there with more concrete logic and better morals.

Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM

14,779 posts, read 11,812,287 times
I do not have a definition, but, a comment, some thoughts on love.

Love is AMAZING.
It HAS NO PRIDE what so ever. It will go to the lowest point to get more,
to give more..It will die to get it, it will die to show it,
it will be made a fool of to receive it, it will be humiliated over and over and suffer to
no end to demonstrate Itself.

If a person were to care for only ONE thing his whole life; to be Love and Loving And to allow Love....❤️
And only that towards everything...the garden, the peeing pet, the smelly homeless,
the nasty neighbor, the mean boss, the selfish son, the demeaning mother,
the domineering father in law...they would be thought of as a fool and door mat and bad things
could be heaped on him...

But, Oh MY, would his inner life be the richest life ever lived.
Hand to God.

Old Today, 06:42 AM

15,037 posts, read 10,186,672 times
Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but Jehovah gave everyone the chance of surviving, it was up to them if they were going to survive that flood, but everyone took Noah for a joke when he tried to warn them, so they paid the price.
...and if they had all accepted, how would everyone have fitted on the boat?

Quote:
Yes, Jehovah did regret that, but put yourself in his shoes, he was hurt... we as humans regrets many things out of anger or hurt feelings.
The huge difference of course is that humans are not omnimax.

Quote:
If Jehovah God wasn't about 'Love' then he wouldn't have bless us with variety of things, including waking us up every morning.
The thinking of a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality