Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 04:56 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If you had been told the story below hundreds of thousands of times
since you were an infant, wouldn't you believe the story to be true and not a myth?
Yes and of course.

Repetition is very powerful.
That's why people say affirmations to get in their subconscious mind.

You will either believe: "I wish you were never born. You're so stupid."
OR
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 05:24 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Yes and of course.

Repetition is very powerful.
That's why people say affirmations to get in their subconscious mind.

You will either believe: "I wish you were never born. You're so stupid."
OR
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."
True but that don't just go for religion, it stand for every affirmation as your little example shows

Old 05-11-2019, 06:08 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If you had been told the story below hundreds of thousands of times since you were an infant, wouldn't you believe the story to be true and not a myth?

Matthew: 1:18-25

Heracles, born of a virgin made pregnant by a god. Jesus, born of a virgin made pregnant by a god. Hera, queen of Olympus sought to have the baby Heracles killed out of jealousy. Herod, king of Judea sought to have the baby Jesus killed out of jealousy.

Sound familiar?????

https://www.bartleby.com/essay/The-P...les-P3CA58QZVC
I was told. I had strong theist parents. I didn't believe it by the age of 9.

But I had good rational parents. They knew their job. They did their job.

well ...

But I must admit, I am at a disadvantage. I am just atheist so I make no choices based on a statement of belief about religion/god. Since their is no biblegod I look at what actually did the the bam-booze-a-ling.

The people at the point of contact did it. Then, after that, how in no gods name could a rational believe in a dude dyig & rising for our sins in 2019? who is keeping a person over the age of 20 thinking thats possible passed a lodge membership?

to be honest, the same people are doing that as the people that keep repeating "deny everything and don't talk about anything that theist can use to make atheism harder to sell."

they seem very religionist to me.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:17 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
All these Greek gods disappeared around the 300 AD and as completely gone by 666 AD , with Christianity and unbelief and the Muslim faith came ....... Where fallen angel gods like apollo went into the abyss off the earth ..... So then Jesus gave the followers the Holy Spirit of God who is the living presence of the living God , where Jesus spirit is still alive today , where apollo is a lost angel ........ From the bible Revelation 9;11 ``And they had a king over them , which is the angel of the bottomless pit (abyss) in the greek tongue has the name apollyon
...and how do you explain Hinduism that has been around for some 1000 years longer than Christianity?

Old 05-11-2019, 06:29 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and how do you explain Hinduism that has been around for some 1000 years longer than Christianity?
easily,

people all around the world can get a sense that we are part of a larger more complex system. They each described it in the way they understood. science supports the claim the we are surrounded by life and that we are connect at the most fundamental level of space/time.

each people described that in the way they understood.

that is a far better base line statement than your sect of atheism' teachings.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:29 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Did God **** you off or something thrill, all your post lately are nothing more then the ranting of someone who thinks they have been wronged and now wants to blame God for it all.
Pneuma, all I'm trying to do is demonstrate how delusional Christians are. They believe in talking snakes, and imaginary 12 apostles, and walking zombies, and worldwide floods and all sorts of other nonsense. I'm trying to point to facts that disprove all this and show that it's all man-made hyperbole and myths. Jesus never rose. The idea of a risen god is a comforting idea, true, but the fact that Mark's account of Jesus' life can be found entirely in the Old Testament, in the Odyssey and in pagan myths of earlier dying/rising gods like the ones I named--that fact cannot be denied now and it can be clearly demonstrated with actual proof to anyone who's willing to listen. Here's is an analysis of the entire gospel of Mark verse by verse, story by story and where Mark got his source material from:

New Testament Narrative as Old Testament Midrash by Robert M. Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If it mattered in the least I might care.
The fact you're worshiping a god built entirely on pagan sources doesn't bother you in the least????????? That IS delusional.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:26 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you don't like it, nate, but facts are facts. The Jesus legend was derived from a variety of pagan gods--Dionysus, Osirus, Krishna, Romulus, and Tammuz chief among them.

https://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/11161

Sorry, old pagan stories do not negated the virgin birth of Jesus. It was prophesied long before any you mentioned.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's only to be expected that the believers in the fairy tale they call Christianity with start foaming at the mouth and raving at anyone who raises doubts about their book of Myths. it just shows why it is so essential that this is done.

What is more essential is for you skeptics to offer some evidence to support your very biased OPINIONS. But you can't , so you just make us statement you think are valid. How sad.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
All those christian gods should have disappeared about 1,000 AD when the world Didn't end and the Sheep realised they'd been fleeced. Yet here we are, after the Second Millennium, and 40% of the USA still believes this garbage.

It is amusing the goats think they know the Bible but they don't. The Bible does no say when he world will end. You have to get your info from pagan websites who also don't understand the Bible.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Pneuma, all I'm trying to do is demonstrate how delusional Christians are. They believe in talking snakes, and imaginary 12 apostles, and walking zombies, and worldwide floods and all sorts of other nonsense. I'm trying to point to facts that disprove all this and show that it's all man-made hyperbole and myths. Jesus never rose. The idea of a risen god is a comforting idea, true, but the fact that Mark's account of Jesus' life can be found entirely in the Old Testament, in the Odyssey and in pagan myths of earlier dying/rising gods like the ones I named--that fact cannot be denied now and it can be clearly demonstrated with actual proof to anyone who's willing to listen. Here's is an analysis of the entire gospel of Mark verse by verse, story by story and where Mark got his source material from:

New Testament Narrative as Old Testament Midrash by Robert M. Price

The fact you're worshiping a god built entirely on pagan sources doesn't bother you in the least????????? That IS delusional.

The FACT is the real and only God came long before any of the false gods you can mention.

Another FACT is that you can' prove anything you mentioned in this post.

Another FACT is God uses figurative language at times. Serpent is a metaphor for Satan

Rev 12:9 - And the great dragon, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality