U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 01:07 PM

10,903 posts, read 11,089,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
The FACT is the real and only God came long before any of the false gods you can mention.
Where's your proof? Do you really expect me to accept your very Bible-based biased opinion?
Quote:
Another FACT is that you can' prove anything you mentioned in this post.
Where's your proof? Do you really expect me to accept your very Bible-based biased opinion?
Quote:
Another FACT is God uses figurative language at times. Serpent is a metaphor for Satan

Rev 12:9 - And the great dragon, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 02:10 PM

12,650 posts, read 4,789,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

in fact, if he can't describe his belief without the bible, its probably less valid.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Pneuma, all I'm trying to do is demonstrate how delusional Christians are. They believe in talking snakes, and imaginary 12 apostles, and walking zombies, and worldwide floods and all sorts of other nonsense. I'm trying to point to facts that disprove all this and show that it's all man-made hyperbole and myths. Jesus never rose. The idea of a risen god is a comforting idea, true, but the fact that Mark's account of Jesus' life can be found entirely in the Old Testament, in the Odyssey and in pagan myths of earlier dying/rising gods like the ones I named--that fact cannot be denied now and it can be clearly demonstrated with actual proof to anyone who's willing to listen. Here's is an analysis of the entire gospel of Mark verse by verse, story by story and where Mark got his source material from:

New Testament Narrative as Old Testament Midrash by Robert M. Price

The fact you're worshiping a god built entirely on pagan sources doesn't bother you in the least????????? That IS delusional.
why should it bother us?

a god built off of past observations is quite legitimate. The problem is when we don't change the old, incomplete, story line when observations clearly show it is different than our grandparents thought.

the biblegod is not what people think it is. what those people are actually experiencing is the system around them that is clearly better described as life over non life.

about the only two conditions that claim doesn't fit, describing it as "life" over "non-life", is militant atheism and fundy theism.

claims that hold true for more conditions are more valid than those that don't.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
in fact, if he can't describe his belief without the bible, its probably less valid.

I'd go further and say, "If omegaxx can't describe his belief without the bible, then his belief is probably of no value at all.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I'd go further and say, "If omegaxx can't describe his belief without the bible, then his belief is probably of no value at all.
given the choices of he is wrong and ___________.

what exactly is our other choice?

Old 05-11-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
given the choices of he is wrong and ___________.

what exactly is our other choice?

"he is wrong".

Old 05-11-2019, 06:57 PM

18 posts, read 1,742 times
You do know the Gospels didn’t just make that story up. It was prophecy from Isaiah 7:14 some 700 years before the Gospels. Far as I can tell Hercules was written 800-600 BC and Isaiah 700 BC.

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:01 PM

21,523 posts, read 10,069,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quoting2400 View Post
You do know the Gospels didnít just make that story up. It was prophecy from Isaiah 7:14 some 700 years before the Gospels. Far as I can tell Hercules was written 800-600 BC and Isaiah 700 BC.

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
So what are you saying about the validity of it in terms of being factual?

Old 05-11-2019, 10:11 PM

6,510 posts, read 6,018,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quoting2400 View Post
You do know the Gospels didnít just make that story up. It was prophecy from Isaiah 7:14 some 700 years before the Gospels.

You don't reckon that the gospel writers could have read Isaiah before they started writing do ya?

Old 05-11-2019, 10:31 PM

21,523 posts, read 10,069,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
You don't reckon that the gospel writers could have read Isaiah before they started writing do ya?
Pssst...you're gonna confuse him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or