U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 01:22 PM

13,473 posts, read 4,982,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
It is God's agenda. You are a slave to him or the devil. Those who preach about religion having any agenda besides saving people from satan are blind to who their master is.
a fine example of why I am pro police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 02:03 PM

3,062 posts, read 1,562,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
a fine example of why I am pro police.
"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

ETA: I am not pro-gun (or anti-gun for that matter). I am sure I live around strange people but I have never felt a need for a gun.

Last edited by elyn02; 06-01-2019 at 02:21 PM..

Old 06-01-2019, 03:08 PM

39,028 posts, read 10,819,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Every Christian who has been saved by the realization and confession of their sins has been exactly where you guys are at right now.

Every single one.
Every 'Thinking' atheist who realised that Christianity made no sense has been where you are right now. They stopped fooling themselves. You look like carrying on doing it. But, in any case, you won't fool us.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is much we agree on, Arq. We just proceed from very different certainties about the nature of our Reality.
We do indeed agree on much more than we disagree on. Only that Matadora and I know that that there is much we don't know, including the Unknown, but you think you do know because of revelation. Even that is not the problem - the problem is that you lecture us from this faith -based position and berate me at least when I see that you really have nothing but Faith.

But even that isn't the problem - it is that YOU won't live and let live - you have to keep forcing your beliefs onto us. In thread hi -jack after Thread hi-jack.

And save the denial. we all see and know that you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"In thunder, lightening or in rain?"
Well, I thought a little morally kosher steak (it volunteered) a gargleblaster or two and some mild mutual abuse.

You saw some of it above.

"It is very sad, Arq to see you parade your ignorance and lack of education in your vainglorious assertions from an almost dogmatic reliance upon your lack of understanding....another drink, you superannuated dolt?"

"I'll make this one last a bit longer...it would be even sadder for me to watch you swan around in a fog of self delusion, convinced that you are about the only one who Sees Things clearly, were it not that such pity is wasted.."

"Will you two shutup! Shuttup!! Neither of you are proper scientists so neither of you know what you're talking about."

"At least i know that i don't know.."

"But i at least have qualifications..."

"In nothing relevant. I at least have degrees in the sciences, anthropology and feminist studies."

"Is that why you haven't paid for a drink yet?"

"No! It's because you insist on paying for everything."

"I believe that he is trying to over -compensate for an inadequate education."

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 06-01-2019 at 04:23 PM..

Old 06-01-2019, 03:45 PM

40,042 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
We do indeed agree on much more than we disagree on. Only that Matadora and I know that that there is much we don't know, including the Unknown, but you think you do know because of revelation. Even that is the problem - the problem is that you lecture us from this faith-based position and berate me at least when I see that you really have nothing but Faith.

But even that isn't the problem - it is that YOU won't live and let live - you have to keep forcing your beliefs onto us. In thread hijack after Thread hi-jack.

Well, I thought a little morally kosher steak (it volunteered) a gargleblaster or two and some mild mutual abuse.

"It is very sad, Arq to see you parade your ignorance and lack of education in your vainglorious assertions from an almost dogmatic reliance upon your lack of understanding....another drink, you superannuated dolt?"

"I'll make this one last a bit longer...it would be even sadder for me to watch you swan around in a fog of self-delusion, convinced that you are about the only one who Sees Things clearly, were it not that pity is wasted.."

"Will you two shutup! Shuttup!! Neither of you are proper scientists so neither of you know what you're talking about."

"At least I know that I don't know.."

"But I at least have qualifications..."

"In nothing relevant. I at least have degrees in the sciences, anthropology and feminist studies."

" I believe that he is trying to overcompensate for an inadequate education."
We all comment on posts from the point of view of our belief system so some consistency to our commentary is unavoidable. The repartee and banter are some of the more enjoyable (if provocative) of the "gargleblasting." Nevertheless, to suggest that constantly reflecting our views in our commentary is somehow forcing them upon you is just silly. There is no coercion possible in such a forum. What is the point of discussion if not to inject your views into the discourse?

Old 06-01-2019, 04:19 PM

While i may be guilty of this myself, the fact is that you are becoming a perfect bore and pest in constantly derailing thread after thread in peddling your own Theories which Few Christians will have much interest in and no scientist. You had a dedicated thread where you could expound your wisdom to all and sundry but I suppose it got closed gown, since here you are predating the forum again.

I must say that your almost unbelievable degree of denial is quite entertaining, but the punters must be as tired of seeing you post your assertions again and again and again as they are of seeing me (and others) debunk them. Which (equally astoundingly) you deny a day or so later, as though nobody had a better memory than you do.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:36 PM

40,042 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
While i may be guilty of this myself, the fact is that you are becoming a perfect bore and pest in constantly derailing thread after thread in peddling your own Theories which Few Christians will have much interest in and no scientist. You had a dedicated thread where you could expound your wisdom to all and sundry but I suppose it got closed down since here you are predating the forum again.
How is it, Arq, that your consistent and repetitive views are NOT boring and derailing or predatory, especially as you savage the believers with impunity? Oh, I know, your views are TRUE, right?
Quote:
I must say that your almost unbelievable degree of denial is quite entertaining, but the punters must be as tired of seeing you post your assertions again and again and again as they are of seeing me (and others) debunk them. Which (equally astoundingly) you deny a day or so later, as though nobody had a better memory than you do.
What is most entertaining are your tenacious and unwarranted claims of debunking and sussing concepts and ideas you are completely ignorant about.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

ETA: I am not pro-gun (or anti-gun for that matter). I am sure I live around strange people but I have never felt a need for a gun.
lmao ... now thats funny.

people are strange when your a stranger.

reasonable people have reasonable rules. 100,000,000 people on the east coast in a anti-religion liberal society. bolt action and six shooters only.

its just common sense.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How is it, Arq, that your consistent and repetitive views are NOT boring and derailing or predatory, especially as you savage the believers with impunity? Oh, I know, your views are TRUE, right? What is most entertaining are your tenacious and unwarranted claims of debunking and sussing concepts and ideas you are completely ignorant about.
its easy when you have such a limited agenda. Fundy thinks get the luxury of follow a simple central dogma without having to actually think. Just keep ones nose in the arse of the one in front of them ... and away we gooooo. .

Old 06-01-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
We do indeed agree on much more than we disagree on. Only that Matadora and I know that that there is much we don't know, including the Unknown, but you think you do know because of revelation. Even that is not the problem - the problem is that you lecture us from this faith -based position and berate me at least when I see that you really have nothing but Faith.

But even that isn't the problem - it is that YOU won't live and let live - you have to keep forcing your beliefs onto us. In thread hi -jack after Thread hi-jack.

"I'll make this one last a bit longer...it would be even sadder for me to watch you swan around in a fog of self delusion, convinced that you are about the only one who Sees Things clearly, were it not that such pity is wasted.."

"At least i know that i don't know.."

"But i at least have qualifications..."

"I believe that he is trying to over -compensate for an inadequate education."
lmao ... only you and maddy know ....

whats good for the rest of us. whats good and proper for public consumption.

again ... your post ... your words.

and when your sect of atheism's statement of belief about religious/god is debunked as junk-ed ... run away and shun it. just like fundy theist do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or