U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 07:21 PM

39,188 posts, read 10,872,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How is it, Arq, that your consistent and repetitive views are NOT boring and derailing or predatory, especially as you savage the believers with impunity? Oh, I know, your views are TRUE, right?
They at least follow the evidence rather than attempt to fiddle it.

Quote:
What is most entertaining are your tenacious and unwarranted claims of debunking and sussing concepts and ideas you are completely ignorant about.
It may entertain you Mystic but what entertains most of the others is seeing you repeatedly sussed and debunked by poster after poster, as everyone can see - and then you deny everything. Truly fascinating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 07:26 PM

13,493 posts, read 5,006,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
They at least follow the evidence rather than attempt to fiddle it.

It may entertain you Mystic but what entertains most of the others is seeing you repeatedly sussed and debunked by poster after poster, as everyone can see - and then you deny everything. Truly fascinating.
you absolutely do not follow evidence and when it doesn't fit your statement of belief about religous/god you flat change it or run away from it.

the claim we are surrounded by life and influenced by it, on every level is more valid than your statement of belief to "deny everything that theist can use and make atheism harder to sell."

you do a lot of convoluted fiddling to make yours seem reasonable ... just like omega actually.

Old 06-01-2019, 08:33 PM

10,582 posts, read 12,754,006 times
Quote:
Every 'Thinking' atheist who realised that Christianity made no sense has been where you are right now. They stopped fooling themselves. You look like carrying on doing it. But, in any case, you won't fool us.
Attempting to turn around what I said by plugging in your own words. That's probably the dumbest thing I've heard all week.

Old 06-01-2019, 10:39 PM

40,098 posts, read 26,761,498 times
Quote:
We all comment on posts from the point of view of our belief system so some consistency to our commentary is unavoidable. The repartee and banter are some of the more enjoyable (if provocative) of the "gargleblasting." Nevertheless, to suggest that constantly reflecting our views in our commentary is somehow forcing them upon you is just silly. There is no coercion possible in such a forum. What is the point of discussion if not to inject your views into the discourse?
Quote:
How is it, Arq, that your consistent and repetitive views are NOT boring and derailing or predatory, especially as you savage the believers with impunity? Oh, I know, your views are TRUE, right? What is most entertaining are your tenacious and unwarranted claims of debunking and sussing concepts and ideas you are completely ignorant about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
its easy when you have such a limited agenda. Fundy thinks get the luxury of follow a simple central dogma without having to actually think. Just keep ones nose in the arse of the one in front of them ... and away we gooooo. .
It certainly seems as if that is what is happening, Arach. Very frustrating!

Old 06-02-2019, 01:13 AM

39,188 posts, read 10,872,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Attempting to turn around what I said by plugging in your own words. That's probably the dumbest thing I've heard all week.
The difference is that the way i said it is how atheists think. Yours wasn't.

Quote:
It certainly seems as if that is what is happening, Arach. Very frustrating!
Your faulty memory doesn't recall that I pointed out that you must be beyond desperate when you treat Arach as some kind of savant about atheist behavior.

Old 06-02-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
The difference is that the way i said it is how atheists think. Yours wasn't.

Your faulty memory doesn't recall that I pointed out that you must be beyond desperate when you treat Arach as some kind of savant about atheist behavior.
yeah, when you attack me personally to make your less valid claim more valid ... it just proves me right again.

You have blind faith that obscuring some science to stop religion is how you, and your crusade, will "save" the rest of us heathens. "heathens" here meaning, those that don't think your central dogma is that impressive.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:56 PM
nng

210 posts, read 50,623 times
Default Religion is totalitarian in nature

To me it's ridiculous fundamentalist Christians think secularism is being shoved down peoples throats or that secularism is bad. It seems like some Christians will only be happy if the USA ���� is a theocracy. Isn't religion based upon coercion of others? We see in extremely religious societies like Muslim societies, for example, where women are forced to wear the Islamic head covering, women are forced to be subservient to men, homosexuality is severely punished, apostates are killed etc. there is no concept of individual rights or individual liberty in these extremely conservative religion based societies. Heck, I am for the right of people to make their own personal choices. It's the fundamentalist Christians who are against things like euthanasia, homosexuality, birth control etc because religion forbids it. Religion itself is essentially totalitarian in nature. Isn't the essence of freedom the ability to make ones own choices that affects oneself? Why are Christians so opposed to euthanasia or homosexuality or in the case of Catholics, birth control? Because of religion that's why. All Religion is totalitarian in nature IMO. Religion is against people making choices for themselves. I wish religion had no influence in society or government. We would be better off if this was the case. Whenever religion has had a big influence in a nations government, freedom always is nonexistent. Think about Europe in the Middle Ages, the inquisition, Islamic societies today etc.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:53 PM

2,291 posts, read 516,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Whenever religion has had a big influence in a nations government, freedom always is nonexistent. Think about Europe in the Middle Ages, the inquisition, Islamic societies today etc.
It’s why separation of church and state is necessary for ‘freedom’ of choice. Religion should have no influence in our country’s government or schools (despite the Christian fundamentalists’ recent assault on our Constitution).

Old 06-02-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
It’s why separation of church and state is necessary for ‘freedom’ of choice. Religion should have no influence in our country’s government or schools (despite the Christian fundamentalists’ recent assault on our Constitution).
I have a dream ...

That all religions have the power over the state equal to that of the local youth Lacrosse leagues ...

Old 06-02-2019, 04:03 PM

13,722 posts, read 5,531,975 times
Unlimited “freedom of religion” has consequences.

As we speak, fundamentalist Christians are brainwashing their children with their abusive doctrines, and they will become the next generation of fundamentalist Christian monsters. It’s the only form of child abuse that’s legal, and it has real social consequences. You may have heard about some new anti-abortion laws...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or