Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 08:43 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I think I finally understand what you're getting at. If God is not the ultimate, He’s not really God. We’d have to continue back to the initial source, no?

we can't get back to the original source because we do not have enough information. We are here now and in is this universe.

so why base any trait of your god on an unknown?

as far as human(s) are concerned the universe is our everything. It is our ultimate and we do not know where it came from. It may very well be a forever kind of thing. But it also possible that it came from something else.

You needing it to be something other than it is, is what I am questioning. why, do you need something to be more than the best it can be? or at least trying?

answer this question directly please ...

are you less human because you came from a non human thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 12:41 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
we can't get back to the original source because we do not have enough information. We are here now and in is this universe.

so why base any trait of your god on an unknown?

as far as human(s) are concerned the universe is our everything. It is our ultimate and we do not know where it came from. It may very well be a forever kind of thing. But it also possible that it came from something else.

You needing it to be something other than it is, is what I am questioning. why, do you need something to be more than the best it can be? or at least trying?

answer this question directly please ...

are you less human because you came from a non human thing?
What other possibilities are there for the origin of our universe, other than a creator (of some sort)? I think it is only logical that there is something behind the universe. I’ve stated why the Christian God makes sense to me. Something being unknown does not prohibit us from making an educated guess.

I’ve answered your question. God is not the ultimate if some higher being created Him. *I really don’t understand the bolded.

Old 05-28-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
What other possibilities are there for the origin of our universe, other than a creator (of some sort)? I think it is only logical that there is something behind the universe. I’ve stated why the Christian God makes sense to me. Something being unknown does not prohibit us from making an educated guess.

I’ve answered your question. God is not the ultimate if some higher being created Him. *I really don’t understand the bolded.
you didn't answer me. you told me I am confused about creator and created. then you told me about your god. "we don't know how the universe started so god did it." just isn't the best we can do.

the bold part is in reference to you stating "if it isn't like I say it is, its not god." all i said was, why can't god be what god is and not what you have to have it be?

I asked you ... are you less human because you were made from other life forms? if you like, are you less human because your god made you? basically, your god is something else.

are you less human because something else made you?

Old 05-28-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
you didn't answer me. you told me I am confused about creator and created. then you told me about your god. "we don't know how the universe started so god did it." just isn't the best we can do.

the bold part is in reference to you stating "if it isn't like I say it is, its not god." all i said was, why can't god be what god is and not what you have to have it be?

I asked you ... are you less human because you were made from other life forms? if you like, are you less human because your god made you? basically, your god is something else.

are you less human because something else made you?
In my defense, you don’t have an answer to why/how the universe started. Not sure why a creator bothers you as a possible answer.

I have no problem with God being who God is. Not sure though how God can be God if there’s a bigger GOD behind it?

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand your “less than human” point. God is a higher being and He created humanity. Makes sense to me.

Old 05-28-2019, 02:47 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
In my defense, you don’t have an answer to why/how the universe started. Not sure why a creator bothers you as a possible answer.

As for me, a creator doesn't bother me as a possible answer.
But can you admit it may not be the answer?

Old 05-28-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:

I have no problem with God being who God is. Not sure though how God can be God if there’s a bigger GOD behind it?

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand your “less than human” point. God is a higher being and He created humanity. Makes sense to me.
not a problem ... let me answer. we don't know how the universe started. I have no problem with a creator when we find out what it was. but right now we don't know. and remember, the start of this conversation is about using what we do know, not what we don't know, to form a belief. a creator is not known, so why use it?

my question is

are you anything but human even though something else made you? I used the word "lesser" as an example. Are you less human because something else made you?

am I less human when my kid found out i didn't know everything. am I lessor or was my kid wrong?

Old 05-28-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
As for me, a creator doesn't bother me as a possible answer.
But can you admit it may not be the answer?
Yes, but I’m confident in my beliefs. I see the Christian model played out in our lives.

Old 05-28-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
not a problem ... let me answer. we don't know how the universe started. I have no problem with a creator when we find out what it was. but right now we don't know. and remember, the start of this conversation is about using what we do know, not what we don't know, to form a belief. a creator is not known, so why use it?

my question is

are you anything but human even though something else made you? I used the word "lesser" as an example. Are you less human because something else made you?

am I less human when my kid found out i didn't know everything. am I lessor or was my kid wrong?
My beliefs are based on what I see.

No, I’m not less human because God made humanity. What’s your point? That God is not less than God if He had a creator? If so, I disagree, as I stated several times.

Old 05-28-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
My beliefs are based on what I see.

No, I’m not less human because God made humanity. What’s your point? That God is not less than God if He had a creator? If so, I disagree, as I stated several times.
that ends it then.

there is absolutely no proof of a creator so it is not needed in discussing what god is or is not. It basically adds nothing.

so for now, the best we have is that we don't know how the universe started. But that it, and your god, are here now and may have come from something before it.

there is no reason that this god didn't have to have a beginning. after all, its the beginning and the end, so it even said it. Just like you are the beginning and the end for the cells in your body.

Old 05-28-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
that ends it then.

there is absolutely no proof of a creator so it is not needed in discussing what god is or is not. It basically adds nothing.

so for now, the best we have is that we don't know how the universe started. But that it, and your god, are here now and may have come from something before it.

there is no reason that this god didn't have to have a beginning. after all, its the beginning and the end, so it even said it. Just like you are the beginning and the end for the cells in your body.
I’m baffled by your belief there is no evidence of a creator. I find that illogical.

Last edited by Horn of ‘83; 05-28-2019 at 04:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality