U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 06:51 PM

39,768 posts, read 26,591,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonof View Post
How do you know that?
It simply refers to things we do NOT currently understand. There is no need to pretend it is a separate category of knowledge.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:01 PM

69 posts, read 8,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It simply refers to things we do NOT currently understand.
Where did you get such a reference?
We currently don't understand how organic chemistry turned into biology.
Who is referring to such process as supernatural?
You?
Would it be a correct reference?

Old 06-03-2019, 08:54 PM

39,768 posts, read 26,591,409 times
Quote:
Where did you get such a reference?
We currently don't understand how organic chemistry turned into biology.
Who is referring to such a process as supernatural?
You?
Would it be a correct reference?
When you assert something that can NOT be currently validated by known science, you are asserting something that would meet the bogus word "supernatural" - as in not having any natural evidence, explanation or support.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:42 PM

69 posts, read 8,513 times
So here is what I found you asserting:

Quote:
Positive Christianity incorporates existing science as I do or it is negative Christianity that violates what we know to be true about our Reality.
I have no idea what you mean by "positive/negative" Christianity, but I'm interested to know what in Christianity is
validated by known science. Then it will be easier for me to see whether you asserting or not something that would meet the bogus word "supernatural".

Old 06-04-2019, 03:45 AM

13,054 posts, read 4,895,919 times
Quote:
So here is what I found you asserting:

I have no idea what you mean by "positive/negative" Christianity, but I'm interested to know what in Christianity is
validated by known science. Then it will be easier for me to see whether you asserting or not something that would meet the bogus word "supernatural".
not bad son of, not bad at all.

Christianity's claim that we are part of a larger, more complex, system, they call god, and we are all connected to all life around us at the very fundamental levels , of what scientist are calling call space/time these days.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:54 AM

13,054 posts, read 4,895,919 times
Quote:
OK. And is there any supernatural component in this main point?
there is no supernatural.

Like you say, and I totally agree with you, I am not interested in the proving or disproving anybody. I only look at each claim and see if it ties back to the standard model in some way.

claims that can be linked back to it are more valid than those that can't. I think you may even understand how it works ... claims that offer an explanation, mechanism, and repeatable predictions are more valid than claims that don't. period.

how I feel about religion is not what I use to evaluate a claim. In fact, people that use how they feel about religion to evaluate a claim tend to have far less valid claims. I mean yeah, they trip over some valid points, but thats more by accident than forethought.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:55 AM

13,533 posts, read 5,459,430 times
In the beginning, God created the human race so that it could eventually produce a Sheetz.

What is a Sheetz, you ask?

Well, a Sheetz is not merely a gas station and a convenience store. A Sheetz is a travel experience.

https://www.sheetz.com/sheetz

Old 06-04-2019, 08:59 AM

22,071 posts, read 10,271,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahash Mazal View Post
Apparently you did not read the title which states that this is a theory. Also belief in a God Or Gods is not and cannot be based on half truths as there is no way to test the validity of such a belief or to prove or disprove the existence of such an entity or entities. Each person's belief or lack thereof in that which is Supranatural is the complete truth of that individual as truth has no foundation in actual fact. Each person has that which is true to them, which may not and likely will not be the truth for any other.
So it's fair to say you just made something up.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
And therein lies the problem. I have no issues viewing your OP as personal theory (ditto for Mystic's subjective personal experience). But unless we define "truth" to mean "whatever each of us dreams up," I would expect truth to be something we could all know and share in common.
Excellent way of phrasing it.

What isn't realized by a couple of our posters is that the way they are defining their "theories" or "truths"...well every person on earth can have a different such belief, and then what do you have? Billions of people believing any old thing they want to believe. Which they are free to do, but which they should not be free to foist such nebulous ideas on to others who demand something a bit more concrete.

There are things I personally believe that I don't share with others, unless they pin me down and demand an explanation. It's because I have no evidence for those things, just my belief. And that means nothing except to me.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop this baseless straw-manning. The existence of God or the origins of our Reality are NOT KNOWN and currently cannot be known. That does not preclude each of us from establishing our own baseline based on our experiences and knowledge. About such issues, each of us determines what we accept as truth.
What I bolded is the key here -- at least in my view. You've established your own baseline. But now in -- well you tell me -- how many posts -- certainly in the hundreds in dozens of different threads -- you're peddling your personal baseline as truth. But you don't have the goods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality