U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2019, 03:42 AM

13,457 posts, read 4,976,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
The study is probably negated a bit if you spend most of your time on religious matters such as religious forums telling others how smart you are or whining about society/communities/how your parents reared you etc. to strangers.
is it trying to tell people how smart he is or just trying to show us another way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 05:41 AM

808 posts, read 429,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Study after study shows a direct correlation between intelligence and non-religiosity. The more intelligent you are the less like you are to be religious. Plainly speaking, persons of low IQ are more susceptible to religious gullibility than persons with high IQ who are more discerning, analytical, and skeptical of religious claims.

https://www.livescience.com/59361-wh...telligent.html
As far as just comparing education levels, here is a ranking from 2014 comparing amongst the various denominations. They have atheist and agnostic listed there as well.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...igious-groups/

Old 06-08-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
As far as just comparing education levels, here is a ranking from 2014 comparing amongst the various denominations. They have atheist and agnostic listed there as well.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...igious-groups/
that makes sense. higher educated people understand difference between describing the system we are in as possibly "alive" and calling it "god."

Thats why believers in something will always out number people that deny everything because they feel religion is so dangerous.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:04 AM

4,226 posts, read 2,589,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
is it trying to tell people how smart he is or just trying to show us another way?
is it trying to tell people how smart he is or just trying to show adults another way?

Old 06-08-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
is it trying to tell people how smart he is or just trying to show adults another way?
you might want to actually answer the question.

I don't do zen type thinking past playing some games with it. we reach a point where you, the zen thinker, has to put in an actual observation to solve the equation.

other wise you are just adding noise. I just haven't figured out what your intent is yet.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
you might want to actually answer the question.

I don't do zen type thinking past playing some games with it. we reach a point where you, the zen thinker, has to put in an actual observation to solve the equation.

other wise you are just adding noise. I just haven't figured out what your intent is yet.
Do you really think adults over 50/60 are hoping to educate other adults over age 50/60 years?

Instead learning what's all out there some people want to be self-appointed gurus or self-appointed internet geniuses.

Your post are not as clear as you may think, so there's no need to get all high and mighty on your hobby horse.

You haven't figured out my intent? Are you interviewing yourself to police the internet?

Old 06-08-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Do you really think adults over 50/60 are hoping to educate other adults over age 50/60 years?

Your post are not as clear as you may think, so there's no need to get all high and mighty on your hobby horse.

You haven't figured out my intent? Are you interviewing yourself to police the internet?
we are not talking about what happens, we are talking about putting out information, with honest intent, for other people to use.

you are saying some people are here to show us how smart they they are because you feel you can't change adults.

so, what one is more logical?

oh yeah, so long as you see a hobby horse, that means you are still in the romper room. so that is what it is.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
we are not talking about what happens, we are talking about putting out information, with honest intent, for other people to use.

you are saying some people are here to show us how smart they they are because you feel you can't change adults.

so, what one is more logical?

oh yeah, so long as you see a hobby horse, that means you are still in the romper room. so that is what it is.
What does any of your posts have to do with religion and spirituallity? Since you fancy yourself as some type of scientist, have you ever posted anything in the science forum?

Old 06-08-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
What does any of your posts have to do with religion and spirituallity? Since you fancy yourself as some type of scientist, have you ever posted anything in the science forum?
grab ... you running away from the question. stay focused and put what you preach to the test.

you said a person was here to show how smart they are.

I asked you if they could be posting just to try and show people another way?

You implied that adults wont change.

my question still stands.

are they here to just show how smart they are or is it possible they are here to teach onther way.

no, I don't post to the science forum, i learn from the science forum. . everything I say is in college science textbooks.

you should be down too. all this spiritual stuff based on personal opinion is why we are in this mess. at some point you have to make it work gabfest. you have to make it work with what we actually have, not what you wish it was.

out law science, that way a less valid, anti-god and my-god-only claim can be use to deceive people.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:45 AM

13,356 posts, read 7,012,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Study after study shows a direct correlation between intelligence and non-religiosity. The more intelligent you are the less like you are to be religious. Plainly speaking, persons of low IQ are more susceptible to religious gullibility than persons with high IQ who are more discerning, analytical, and skeptical of religious claims.

https://www.livescience.com/59361-wh...telligent.html
1 Corinthians 18-31:

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or