Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 03:56 AM

563 posts, read 677,666 times

Advertisements

It may benefit certain people to recognize the fact that God was going to destroy most, if not all of us, if Christ Jesus did not atone for the sins of this entire world, in our place. I believe we are now at the point in time, where Our Holy God does not even want to listen to how evil this world is. God knows, when left to ourselves in the Universe, how evil it can become.

Last edited by glenninindy; 06-05-2019 at 04:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 04:12 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Just wow

Old 06-05-2019, 04:15 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
at least fundy theist easy to spot.

Old 06-05-2019, 04:42 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Here's the problem with that premise, gabfest. Some of us still bear the scars of having believed this damnable doctrine for so many decades. So I can intellectually comprehend it's a load of nonsense yet doubt of "What if I'm wrong..." can still creep in at times. Freak80 might have experience with this.

I can intellectually comprehend that the Bible teaches equally three destinies for the soul:
1. damnation
2. annihilation
3.universal reconciliation

I can ask myself intellectually, "How can a book that purports to be the perfect word of God nevertheless be so confused and contradictory within itself that God demonstrates He doesn't know if He's coming or going?????

I can comprehend that a society that is evolving allows itself to change these teaching to better reflect their evolution. Case in point: the RCC. Pope Francis is reported to have said: "Sinners who die without eternal salvation are not punished but that instead of their souls simply disappear. There is no hell."
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...e-pope-says-so

Many fundamentalists on the Christian board now regularly debate these three destinies.

So we see that if one of these three destinies is real, then God didn't have the good sense to make it so concrete and impossible to misunderstand that we're endlessly arguing among ourselves which is the real one and we're all pulling out the same book to defend our position!!!

How can this possibly be? And if this IS, then what does it say about the truth and veracity of the Christian religion itself? I might as well become a Buddhist or Hindu or Krishna and be done with the conflict.

Except there's a little voice inside me that keeps asking, "But what if you're wrong?"
What it says about the Christian faith is that is cultural religion you were predominantly exposed to.
Perpetual victimhood is not healthy. Perhaps you should address your parents/overseers about their style of child-rearing.

Old 06-05-2019, 05:50 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Nonsense, pure nonsense, thrillobyte.

Old 06-05-2019, 06:17 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
ignore your emotional feeling to it if possible.

most christian's don't believe this when seriously cross questioned. But they need to step up to the ones that do, before they hurt others.
It's common rational thinking. No one is born a Christian. Therefore, everyone begins as a non-Christian. If God hated us, how could we get invited into the Kingdom?

When we were non-Christians, were we staring into the face of love or hate?

Even those who haven't chosen Christianity yet or who may never chose, it's still the face of love.

Old 06-05-2019, 06:58 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Aren't you glad you grew into adulthood so that you could make your own decisions about religion instead of what your parents/overseers thought was best?
No.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:26 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
OP, this is a vile thread. I'm a Christian. God's love is there for all people. It's God love that draws in people.

Girls, you don't have to go any farther than this board to see what fundamentalists believe about the destiny of an unsaved soul. They will tell you that a soul that rejects Jesus in this life is immediately sent to hell upon dying where they will await the final White Throne of God and then thrown into the lake of fire where they will be tormented day and night forever without end. If that isn't hatred I don't know what is. Go ahead. Just ask Mike555 or Baptistfundie or omega3 what they think happens to the soul of a person who denies Jesus. They will confirm what I just said. If they'd like to chime in with their belief they are welcome to.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 06-05-2019 at 09:54 AM..

Old 06-05-2019, 09:29 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Girls, you don't have to go any farther than this board to see what fundamentalists believe about the destiny of an unsaved soul. They will tell you that a soul that rejects Jesus in this life is immediately sent to hell where they will await the final White Throne of God and then thrown into the lake of fire where they will be tormented day and night forever without end. If that isn't hatred I don't know what is. Go ahead. Just ask Mike555 or jeffbase or omega3 what they think happens to the soul of a person who denies Jesus. They will confirm what I just said. If they'd like to chime in with their belief they are welcome to.
I agree with you, thrillobyte, but in all fairness, the "girls" (you might want to amend that nomenclature) don't see god that way.

But this is one of the failures of christianity, in my view. There's so little agreement on what's "true" even among christians. Before they go preaching to others, they ought to get their stories straight.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:59 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal
OP, this is a vile thread. I'm a Christian. God's love is there for all people. It's God love that draws in people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I agree with you, thrillobyte, but in all fairness, the "girls" (you might want to amend that nomenclature) don't see god that way.

But this is one of the failures of christianity, in my view. There's so little agreement on what's "true" even among christians. Before they go preaching to others, they ought to get their stories straight.
I think it's their "mothering instinct" that kicks in, phetaroi. They naturally lean toward protecting the helpless from evil. Look at Miss Hepburn, Rose2luv and charleygal. Women. But here's the interesting thing:

The main proponents of eternal torment in hell around here are ALL men! Think Mike555, Baptistfundie, omega, Chanokh, n...xuipa, Mikko Ainasojaor, Vf6cruiser and a dozen other fundies on the Christian board. They are ALL guys and they will confirm that they believe the unsaved will end up in the lake of fire being tormented forever.

Which proves women are far more compassionate and merciful than men.

More compassionate than even the Christian god.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 06-05-2019 at 10:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality