Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 05:53 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
God doesn't hate.
Tell that to the Amalekites. Oh that’s right, god didn’t hate them enough to order for everyone to be slaughtered including the babies.

No hate there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 07:18 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,155,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Your ideas of justice are merely humanistic. Sin is committed against the eternal God, so sin carries an eternal punishment. Only Jesus, being the eternal Son of God, could pay the penalty for sin for those who believe in Him. The sinner in hell will forever be paying for, and yet never satisfying, their sin debt.
Yes, that’s what I was taught in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod: infinite punishment for finite “crimes,” including the “crime” of merely doubting any of what I was taught.

It can do a lot of damage to a person, especially a child.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:05 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This gives you a rough size of our universe, which currently is 93 BILLION light years in diameter:
The photo of course can't do justice to such an immense space:

(public domain)

But as large as this space is it couldn't possibly contain even a fraction of God's hatred for people who are not believers in Jesus as the divine son of God. Oh, you can believe in Jesus as a normal prophet sage who lived 2000 years ago and was crucified as Muslims and Hindus do. But unless you believe he was more than just a man--he was divine and he died for your sins, you have earned God's wrath and therefore His hatred for you. And this hatred is eternal. Which makes His hatred for you so voluminous that the entire known universe could not hold it because the universe is finite. It ends at some point that we cannot see. But God's hatred for non-believers in a divine Jesus is INFINITE. Which is why He must punish you with the worst pain imaginable for eternity for a simple thought crime that you cannot help yourself thinking because you have read the evidence against Jesus being divine. This is all according to contemporary Christian theology, and this is what children are taught in Jesus camps. In the Christian hierarchy's eyes and therefore God's eyes, you should never have laid eyes on that blasphemous literature that caused you to doubt. Better to have gouged your eyes and punctured your eardrums to not be able to read or hear anything that would cause you to disbelieve, than to have read something and doubted.

"And if your eyes cause you to stumble, pluck [them] out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God blind than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell" Mark 9:47
Hey, look! More Christian bashing...how about that?
Do you have anything to offer that isn't based in bias and hate for those that believe differently than you?

Old 06-06-2019, 10:57 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,327 times
Translation

Hey look!

I’m going to attack the messenger instead of the message

Old 06-06-2019, 11:09 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Translation
Hey look!
I’m going to attack the messenger instead of the message
Do you know The Anointed just told me I should read about the Amalekite in 1 Samuel something? So sorry, I can't direct you to where I read it..in the Christianity section, tho...funny, huh? Hope you're well..long time no see.
He is new here, I wonder if he has seen your name...he'll be blown away!!!

I found it for you, Belief in the Atonement +Reincarnation , post 43. Chapter 15!!!!!! What were the chances?!!

Old 06-06-2019, 02:15 PM

19,990 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
So what is it you find objectionable about my OP, mordant? Or are you one of these who believes that God sheds crocodile tears as He condemns people to hell, "Ohhhhhh....how I wish I could save you, but my sense of justice will not let my love for you keep me from tossing you into hell. If oooonly I could! Bwaa! "
Nothing objectionable at all. I just wasn't sure if I was reading parody or serious argument.

Old 06-06-2019, 02:38 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Nothing objectionable at all. I just wasn't sure if I was reading parody or serious argument.
yeah, I feel same way when the anti-god sect of atheism starts preaching about obscuring science science so that theist can't use it and make atheism harder to sell.

I think to myself, do these types of atheist actually believe that nonsense? or are they joking?

Old 06-06-2019, 03:41 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
God doesn't hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Tell the first born of Egypt that.
Quote:
"Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." Romans 9:13

You sure God doesn't hate, Girl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Tell that to the Amalekites. Oh that’s right, god didn’t hate them enough to order for everyone to be slaughtered including the babies.
No hate there
Those who have an inner sense of love and closeness to God recognize the corruptions and distortions in the Bible interpreted by men as corruptions and NOT from God or Jesus.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:15 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Those who have an inner sense of love and closeness to God recognize the corruptions and distortions in the Bible interpreted by men as corruptions and NOT from God or Jesus.
and really mystic, I don't believe in god or Jesus died and rose as some teach and I still agree with you. people are are butchering all common sense associated wit the bible and Jesus.

of course, I am just a non literal atheist. I only deal with whats in front of me and that's people.

people teach in voodoo magic and other people follow them ... thats what I see.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:50 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, I feel same way when the anti-god sect of atheism starts preaching about obscuring science science so that theist can't use it and make atheism harder to sell.

I think to myself, do these types of atheist actually believe that nonsense? or are they joking?
Is that opposed to the pro-god atheists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality