U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 05:13 PM
nng

210 posts, read 50,325 times

Advertisements

I personally don't get why Christians want to "save" and convert people who have done the most heinous of crimes like rape and murder. No just god is going to forgive a rapist. This is my opinion. Forgiveness is just stupid, imo. Forgiveness is for people who tell little white lies, or for children who don't obey their parents, not for people who go out and prey on innocents like serial rapists and child molesters. Only the victim of a heinous crime can forgive the evil that was done to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 11:28 AM

1,201 posts, read 269,864 times
I think going to prison makes them religious. A lot of them join Islam and Judaism to get higher quality foods.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:53 PM

10,643 posts, read 2,714,882 times
Its even stranger when you consider that parole boards actually factor in if someone has had a 'religious conversion' while in prison, its like they see this as a good thing, that person is now settling down into conformity like the rest of society! they are broken and beat down in other words...this means they are ready to be obedient and compliant citizens (subjects).

Old 06-24-2019, 03:29 PM

8,860 posts, read 5,139,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I personally don't get why Christians want to "save" and convert people who have done the most heinous of crimes like rape and murder. No just god is going to forgive a rapist. This is my opinion. Forgiveness is just stupid, imo. Forgiveness is for people who tell little white lies, or for children who don't obey their parents, not for people who go out and prey on innocents like serial rapists and child molesters. Only the victim of a heinous crime can forgive the evil that was done to them.
There's nothing to forgive. Rape is only a sin if you fail to buy her afterwards, according to the Bible. Look it up.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:33 PM

25,840 posts, read 13,426,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
I think going to prison makes them religious. A lot of them join Islam and Judaism to get higher quality foods.
I've heard similarly from credible sources.

And a lot of them find Jesus because the local chaplain is Christian and they get time off work to attend bible sessions/services etc. There are other perks as well when one learns how to game the largely-Christian system.

(This is not to say that no incarcerated person has ever felt true remorse and tried to atone, as well as become a better person via adopting some belief system. I'm sure many do, and have.)

Old 06-24-2019, 09:15 PM

56,111 posts, read 54,613,656 times
I saw a show about prisons where a warden went into the cell of one of the prisoners. Said the prisoner sat in his cell and read his Bible all the time, and he pointed to a cross made out of thousands of toothpicks that the prisoner had made.

Then he picked up the cross and pulled on the short end, and there was a stilletto inside.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:11 AM

8,860 posts, read 5,139,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I saw a show about prisons where a warden went into the cell of one of the prisoners. Said the prisoner sat in his cell and read his Bible all the time, and he pointed to a cross made out of thousands of toothpicks that the prisoner had made.

Then he picked up the cross and pulled on the short end, and there was a stilletto inside.
Not a rock hammer?

Old 06-25-2019, 03:11 PM

1,723 posts, read 1,867,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Forgiveness is for people who tell little white lies, or for children who don't obey their parents....
The Bible doesn't agree regarding disobedient children.
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
Deuteronomy 21:18-21, KJV.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Not a rock hammer?
Good one. No, that was hidden in the cut-out pages of the Bible.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
Kosher and Halal food isn't necessarily higher quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or