U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:23 PM
 
10,551 posts, read 12,744,353 times
Reputation: 3869

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
My grandfather tells me the story of his escape from Christian Russia. The Czar was the head of the church and his soldiers used pitchforks to try to find my grandfather and his family in hay stacks. If found they would have been executed because they were Jewish. You claim is that those soldiers were not real Christians and the head of the church was not a real Christian. But if the same situation happened 15 years later you would claim that those soldiers were real atheists and the leader was a real atheist. Worse yet your claim infers that the Czar and Christian Russia learnt how to be autocratic from the atheists that came AFTER them not that the atheist continued to behave like those BEFORE them

OzzyRules, it is You that has brought out pitchforks lying and distorting history, religion and facts to feed your own prejudice. Stalin and the Kylmer Rouge did not cause the 5 thousand years of wars that precise them, nor the two world wars, nor the problems in the Middle East nor the in Asians of Afghanistan or Iraq. Hitler was some sort of Christian but it was not his religion that made him want to conquer the World, even though the religious prejudices against Jews assisted him in portraying them as the cause of Germany problems. You are not much different than those followers of that mad man. You are eager to blame atheism for all the woes of the World. Your scapegoat or subhuman group.

There are many posters on these forums who are much more Christ like than you could ever hope to be. As are most Christians I have met in real life. If the pitchforks used by Christiansoldiers following 9rders from a Christian leader had found my grandfather I wouldn't be here today. It's obscene that you are using the term pitchforks against those who are opposing your own hatred and non Christ like accusations.
You are in deliberate, severe denial that the LEADERS have been using the believing common people to do their battles. It is essentially atheist leaders fighting each other, and using common people to do their dirty work, all in the name of religion. Your blindness doesn't change what everyone knows and can plainly see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2019, 04:26 PM
 
13,493 posts, read 4,999,286 times
Reputation: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You are in deliberate, severe denial that the LEADERS have been using the believing common people to do their battles. It is essentially atheist leaders fighting each other, and using common people to do their dirty work, all in the name of religion. Your blindness doesn't change what everyone knows and can plainly see.
ozzy, this isn't the best base claim we have.

their have been plenty of "believing leaders" using religion as a weapon. yeah, they were sick, but they were believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
9,286 posts, read 5,495,693 times
Reputation: 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You are in deliberate, severe denial that the LEADERS have been using the believing common people to do their battles. It is essentially atheist leaders fighting each other, and using common people to do their dirty work, all in the name of religion. Your blindness doesn't change what everyone knows and can plainly see.
Pull that pitchfork out of your nether region and provide articles, links, internet stories from reliable sources to support your views.

I suspect they match your young earth creation views---they are non-existent.

Wars find willing common people to fight them, whether or not they are righteous. Look at our "christian" nation's wars in places where we had no business---Vietnam (my war), the murder of presidents of Panama and Ecuador probably by our own CIA, and beginning a war with Iraq when the assailants were all but one Saudis and certainly took on religious tones that we are still not done with as it spurred other "religious" wars.

What has this to do with religious people in prisons, anyway. The OP has been successfully transformed into something different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 10:40 PM
 
5,941 posts, read 2,291,255 times
Reputation: 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You are in deliberate, severe denial that the LEADERS have been using the believing common people to do their battles. It is essentially atheist leaders fighting each other, and using common people to do their dirty work, all in the name of religion. Your blindness doesn't change what everyone knows and can plainly see.
D9 you have any evidence for those claims. If by blind and in denial you mean I don't accept your word or claims as true simply because you made them

You did not address a single point I made, just dismissed them because it does not support your bigotry. And bigotry is what we call it when people blame the Jews for what you blame on atheists.

Do you have evidence that everyone knows that George W Bush, Hitler, Churchill, King Leopold, the Russian Czars were all atheists. No more claiming I am blind or stupid. Provide evidence that all those leaders are atheists. Each one of them, at some indication on how you have absolute evidence for their atheism. If you can't then you are just repeating your personal hate, bigotry and prejudice.

Remember it everyone sees it the evidence must be obvious so show that obvious evidence. I am not interested in your opinions as the views of hate mongers is of little value to good people anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 03:42 AM
Status: "Scarface IS fiction!" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: Germany
5,075 posts, read 942,908 times
Reputation: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You are in deliberate, severe denial that the LEADERS have been using the believing common people to do their battles.
Yes, most leaders do that. Very few lead from the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It is essentially atheist leaders fighting each other, ...
Which is just more dishonest BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
... and using common people to do their dirty work, all in the name of religion.
Religious people do not need leaders to fight in the name of religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Your blindness doesn't change what everyone knows and can plainly see.
Your blindness doesn't change what every intelligent person knows and can plainly see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 03:50 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
15,310 posts, read 10,343,010 times
Reputation: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Which is just more dishonest BS.
I'm sure baby Jesus is very proud of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 21 days ago)
 
8,696 posts, read 10,845,026 times
Reputation: 12754
More people are "religious" so there would be many more in prisons, just by sheer numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:33 AM
 
3,659 posts, read 1,137,592 times
Reputation: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
More people are "religious" so there would be many more in prisons, just by sheer numbers.
So prison was made for many religious people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,087 posts, read 54,581,442 times
Reputation: 66481
Yup. I was on the jury for a murder trial. At one point, the prosecutor asked the defendant if he believed in God, and he said "Yes".

That was in 1994. Let's see, he's now done 25 years of a life sentence with the possibility of parole after 30 years, so yeah, he's still in prison. Can't vouch for whether he still believes in God.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 04:17 PM
 
39,107 posts, read 10,849,315 times
Reputation: 5088
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You are in deliberate, severe denial that the LEADERS have been using the believing common people to do their battles. It is essentially atheist leaders fighting each other, and using common people to do their dirty work, all in the name of religion. Your blindness doesn't change what everyone knows and can plainly see.
As i saw it, it was about Czarist russia persecutiong Jews, rather than atheists. It's true that Stalin did not much like Jews (Shostakovich regularly displayed his sympathy with Jews in Stalinist Russia -through his music) but that is down to Russia - not atheism. It was WORSE when Russia was religious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top