U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 03:11 AM
nng nng started this thread

210 posts, read 50,180 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't have created humans or animals. To knowingly create beings which can feel pain is messed up and maybe even cruel imo. Some atheists believe god doesn't care when humans or animals suffer, and I understand why. Look at the animal kingdom. Animals have to hunt down and eat each other in order to live. Pain is an intrinsic part of life, giving birth is painful. many Christians and people who believe in religion believe life is a gift. I do not. I have an anti Natalist view on life; I think it's best if pain and suffering is avoided at all cost. People say god has a higher view on things, but me being a theist doesn't mean I can't question god. I like to think of god as an essentially benevolent higher power or being, but I really struggle with the fact that there is pain suffering and evil in the world. I think it's amazing in a way that Christians and religious people have the gall to say life is a gift; there are people who have suffered and been brutalized in ways we can't even imagine. So telling those people who have suffered that life is a gift and you should be thankful to be alive is just wrong imo. Sometimes death, which is a cessation of pain and brain/body function is better than living (at least to some people) I personally believe life has no real meaning or purpose.

Last edited by nng; 06-15-2019 at 03:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 03:19 AM

4,226 posts, read 2,593,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I wouldn't have created humans or animals. To knowingly create beings which can feel pain is messed up and maybe even cruel imo. Some atheists believe god doesn't care when humans or animals suffer, and I understand why. Look at the animal kingdom. Animals have to hunt down and eat each other in order to live. Pain is an intrinsic part of life, giving birth is painful. many Christians and people who believe in religion believe life is a gift. I do not. I have an anti Natalist view on life; I think it's best if pain and suffering is avoided at all cost. People say god has a higher view on things, but me being a theist doesn't mean I can't question god. I like to think of god as an essentially benevolent higher power or being, but I really struggle with the fact that there is pain suffering and evil in the world. I think it's amazing in a way that Christians and religious people have the gall to say life is a gift; there are people who have suffered and been brutalized in ways we can't even imagine. So telling those people who have suffered that life is a gift and you should be thankful to be alive is just wrong imo. Sometimes death, which is a cessation of pain and brain/body function is better than living (at least to some people) I personally believe life has no real meaning or purpose.
If I was a creator God I would offer you the choice of inanimation vs. animation.

Old 06-15-2019, 03:29 AM
nng nng started this thread

210 posts, read 50,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
If I was a creator God I would offer you the choice of inanimation vs. animation.
I like your comment!

Old 06-15-2019, 04:03 AM

13,493 posts, read 4,996,362 times
Quote:
how about if it made us the best way it could? make us the best it could or not make us at all?

in a way I had the same choice when we decided to have children.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:24 AM

22,477 posts, read 10,408,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
how about if it made us the best way it could? make us the best it could or not make us at all?

in a way I had the same choice when we decided to have children.
1. I thought you were an atheist. If so, why are you proposing this?

2. I thought god was supposed to be perfection.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:34 AM

4,417 posts, read 1,644,854 times
Quote:
Useless and pointless OP, IMO.

Remember the idea? “While we are here, let’s deal with it.”

If there is a God who has created pains AND comforts - then - as a human, my job should be to try to identify the God by his signs using my intelligence and research, see what message of guidance of he has for me on how to live my life, and then try to live that life till the time is up and the bell rings, the last curtain falls on my eyes and I stand in his court for judgement.

IMO, this is the best we can do.
It’s all about how honestly have you tried?

Old 06-15-2019, 08:42 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,815 times
Quote:
That statement (bold) is one that has become increasingly offensive to me over the past several years. I donít understand how anyone can worship an entity who could create anything their will desires and yet created life forms which can only live off the lives of other living things. Life only comes from life and living things depend on other living thing for nourishment. So this loving god doomed us to an eternity of killing and eating our fellow life forms. Itís sick.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:50 AM

25,810 posts, read 13,417,575 times
If I was God I'd resign and spend eternity fishing on different planets.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:10 AM

22,477 posts, read 10,408,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
That statement (bold) is one that has become increasingly offensive to me over the past several years. I donít understand how anyone can worship an entity who could create anything their will desires and yet created life forms which can only live off the lives of other living things. Life only comes from life and living things depend on other living thing for nourishment. So this loving god doomed us to an eternity of killing and eating our fellow life forms. Itís sick.
I have to agree.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:35 AM

10,538 posts, read 15,599,643 times
Humans were not "created" to live off animals. Any human being can do just fine off food, readily OFFERED by nature in various forms of its fruits of flora. That human chose, or was shown how to, consume fauna, is different story.

As of pain.... you just go ask any professional that works with people with peripheral neuropathy. those, hwo experience no pain in their limbs. You will quickly learn that pain actually is a blessing and dire necessity.

Any suffering, other than physical pain, one brings upon himself on his own accord. 99% of our "problems" are figments of our minds. We, also, asked for them, encourage them, cherish them and literally indulge in them, in ever so typical masochistic pleasure. Then, as we can't accept responsibility, we point "at the man in the sky" as scapegoat for all of OUR wrong doings.

IT IS YOUR FAULT, GOD, FOR WHAT I CREATED OUT OF MYSELF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or