U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2019, 03:44 AM
nng nng started this thread

210 posts, read 49,994 times

Advertisements

I believe that humans hold other humans to a higher standard than they hold god. For example, lets say you were in nazi germany in the 1930s-1940s and you did nothing to stop hitler because you were afraid of being killed or tortured. Now we would all wish that ordinary Germans at that time would have resisted Hitler and were against Hitler. but god is all knowing and all powerful and he didn't stop Hitler from killing millions of people. Humans shouldn't be held to a higher standard than god. So I am supposed to believe a loving god, knowing that situations like this would happen, is going to send people to hell to be tortured for eternity when god himself never has to deal with pain or be in such a terrible impossible situation!! You know, I really hope there is an afterlife so that we will know all the answers. I hope there is an afterlife so those who have had nothing but suffering and sorrow can actually enjoy existence in a perfect place. That's all I have to say.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 04:01 AM

13,481 posts, read 4,986,806 times
yeah, there is no eternal torture device.

Hell was one of the claims that I never bought into. Its why I said i don't believe in that type of god in like the third grade. I can't even believe people over 15 believe in hell.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:26 AM

16,258 posts, read 7,648,523 times
Perceptions about the nature and activity (or lack of activity) need to be called into question. Are your assumptions accurate? reasonable?

Old 06-15-2019, 06:36 AM

4,226 posts, read 2,591,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I believe that humans hold other humans to a higher standard than they hold god. For example, lets say you were in nazi germany in the 1930s-1940s and you did nothing to stop hitler because you were afraid of being killed or tortured. Now we would all wish that ordinary Germans at that time would have resisted Hitler and were against Hitler. but god is all knowing and all powerful and he didn't stop Hitler from killing millions of people. Humans shouldn't be held to a higher standard than god. So I am supposed to believe a loving god, knowing that situations like this would happen, is going to send people to hell to be tortured for eternity when god himself never has to deal with pain or be in such a terrible impossible situation!! You know, I really hope there is an afterlife so that we will know all the answers. I hope there is an afterlife so those who have had nothing but suffering and sorrow can actually enjoy existence in a perfect place. That's all I have to say.
An afterlife maybe a continuation of evolution/change in state. If so, the fight continues.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:08 PM

10,527 posts, read 15,580,641 times
This is why it is said - do not judge and you shall not be judged, as you do not have measure to judge with.

As of "Germans in Nazi Germany" (how original) watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgO3ZHcuMQ0

Old 06-16-2019, 06:08 PM

8,101 posts, read 7,068,811 times
Sure hitler`s spirit is sill alive in a place God has but hitler`s body and soul is long dead , where God considers hitler`s spirit equal to demons and fallen angels and will be judged on the last day at the end of time ... See God has no purpose for the spirit of hitler because hilters`s soul died because hitler had no fruit of the spirit of Christ , and people who do wickedness in the earth can do it as there is not enough prayer from believers to God to move and stop wickedness from happening, where God gave the earth to man and even though God has the power through Jesus Christ to stop wickedness ... God will not act unless faith through prayer is brought before Him

Old 07-01-2019, 08:26 PM

1,194 posts, read 354,850 times
Quote:
Hold your tongue. Maybe your parents never taught you this, but you DO NOT QUESTION GOD'S PLAN. It is blasphemous, and you're just going to have to dig in and show some faith, instead of doubt and scrutiny.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:14 PM

22,455 posts, read 10,395,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
Hold your tongue. Maybe your parents never taught you this, but you DO NOT QUESTION GOD'S PLAN. It is blasphemous, and you're just going to have to dig in and show some faith, instead of doubt and scrutiny.
1. No.
2. As for me, I'll question it as often as I wish.
3. It's not blasphemous to those who don't believe in god.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:15 PM

5,937 posts, read 1,698,356 times
Quote:
And you would be wrong in that belief. It's a common argument, been debunked a hundred times.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:34 PM

10,547 posts, read 2,692,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sure hitler`s spirit is sill alive in a place God has but hitler`s body and soul is long dead , where God considers hitler`s spirit equal to demons and fallen angels and will be judged on the last day at the end of time ... See God has no purpose for the spirit of hitler because hilters`s soul died because hitler had no fruit of the spirit of Christ , and people who do wickedness in the earth can do it as there is not enough prayer from believers to God to move and stop wickedness from happening, where God gave the earth to man and even though God has the power through Jesus Christ to stop wickedness ... God will not act unless faith through prayer is brought before Him
You cannot look at it in human terms like that and compare our opinions to Gods...God created EVIL in the first place, he is the one that cast Satan down to earth, among us humans, he is the one that 'permits' Satan to be the ruler of our world, He is the one, that after so many years, will unchain Satan AGAIN and let him loose upon the world for a short time!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or