U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2019, 09:55 PM
 
10,516 posts, read 12,728,045 times
Reputation: 3863

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It has everything to do with what the believer thinks is an open mind, but is actually made gullible by preference. When i read John I am aware of a biased (at least ) fantasist, who clearly wrote his own opinions into sermons that he stuffed into jesus' mouth. The Synoptics don't even HINT at these - just as John doesn't hit at the cartload of parables. This stuff is is invented.

Now you may say that you don't care and it is only inspiration for a godfaith that isn't tied to Christianity and just ...likes it, I suppose. And that's ok. The arguments about a 'god' of some sorta and the argument for this or That religion and its personal god or gods are two different arguments. But if you will praise one book of the bible or another, you are going to get it shown to be a crock. here we stand, we can do no other.
Don't you realize that John wrote his own version of a gospel? He chose to focus on different things, and he acknowledged at the end that there were many other things about Jesus not recorded.

Look at the facts: "JOHN" is the most popular English name, isn't it? It's the greatest story ever told, and nothing will ever surpass it. Believing the story actually CHANGES people for the better. Why would something like that be made up? How could something so great that so many have believed in be completely made up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2019, 11:09 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,437 posts, read 10,385,168 times
Reputation: 20299
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Don't you realize that John wrote his own version of a gospel? He chose to focus on different things, and he acknowledged at the end that there were many other things about Jesus not recorded.

Look at the facts: "JOHN" is the most popular English name, isn't it? It's the greatest story ever told, and nothing will ever surpass it. Believing the story actually CHANGES people for the better. Why would something like that be made up? How could something so great that so many have believed in be completely made up?
Thank you for that definitive proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 03:26 AM
Status: "Scarface IS fiction!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Germany
5,028 posts, read 932,188 times
Reputation: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Don't you realize that John wrote his own version of a gospel? He chose to focus on different things, and he acknowledged at the end that there were many other things about Jesus not recorded.

Look at the facts: "JOHN" is the most popular English name, isn't it? It's the greatest story ever told, and nothing will ever surpass it. Believing the story actually CHANGES people for the better. Why would something like that be made up? How could something so great that so many have believed in be completely made up?
Because John allegedly died around 100 AD. Tertullian tells us the gospel according to John ended at chapter 20. So how did John write chapter 21 if he had been dead for 100 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 03:34 AM
Status: "Scarface IS fiction!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Germany
5,028 posts, read 932,188 times
Reputation: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I've heard you describe yourself as an agnostic atheist, so that is not fair. You are leaving open the possibility of a deity.

He is not slamming atheism. He is slamming the anti-theism which is prevalent on this forum. Maybe you are just too much on that side to notice that it is so prevalent.
No, he is slamming anyone who has exposed his dishonesty, hypocrisy and ignorance. Why do you think he keeps on repeating the same old rubbish, even when it is not relevant to the topic in hand? What on earth does Stalin have to do with when the gospels were written? How do I want to destroy religion when I am for freedom of religion? And why are we stupid because we do not know he his referring to the name of a video on Youtube?

We KNOW you are just too much on the side of slamming atheism, and that is the only reason you agree with Arach's rabid and irrelevant attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 04:44 AM
 
3,626 posts, read 1,130,730 times
Reputation: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Still, he's probably the most reasonable atheist on this forum.
In name only
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 05:53 AM
 
13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Reputation: 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
In name only
what is an atheist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 06:01 AM
 
3,626 posts, read 1,130,730 times
Reputation: 703
Something completely different than you

This isn’t something you just found out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 06:02 AM
 
13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Reputation: 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, he is slamming anyone who has exposed his dishonesty, hypocrisy and ignorance. Why do you think he keeps on repeating the same old rubbish, even when it is not relevant to the topic in hand? What on earth does Stalin have to do with when the gospels were written? How do I want to destroy religion when I am for freedom of religion? And why are we stupid because we do not know he his referring to the name of a video on Youtube?

We KNOW you are just too much on the side of slamming atheism, and that is the only reason you agree with Arach's rabid and irrelevant attacks.
lmao. you will do anything it takes won't ya.

You claim its not relevant. and you are wrong.

why do i say that? lets give an example to show exactly how dishonest you are.

"no bible god". when we are talking about a no bible god claim we can quickly agree on that there is no biblegod.

After that we can start talking about what claims describe the system we are in to the best of our ability's and see what properties of their god might match that description.

thats where you run away and make the dishonest claim that its straw manning. i say its dishonest because after we claim there is no biblegod, then what? you wan't to stop at no biblegod and not move on.

strictly due to your sect of atheism', anti-religion, central dogma. that being, don't give theist anything they can use to make atheism harder to sell. that has to lead, or end in, dishonesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 06:07 AM
 
13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Reputation: 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Something completely different than you

This isnít something you just found out.
yeah, i hear a lot of things. I see fundy theist telling non literal theist that they are not really "inert religion".

I fit the definition.

so if you change it to atheist by definition only, I would agree with ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 06:10 AM
 
13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Reputation: 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Don't you realize that John wrote his own version of a gospel? He chose to focus on different things, and he acknowledged at the end that there were many other things about Jesus not recorded.

Look at the facts: "JOHN" is the most popular English name, isn't it? It's the greatest story ever told, and nothing will ever surpass it. Believing the story actually CHANGES people for the better. Why would something like that be made up? How could something so great that so many have believed in be completely made up?
ok, so john got the part about a guy named Jesus running around telling people to be nice to your neighbors no matter what.

thats fine.

how do you accept that this guy said a guy died and rose for ours sins literally as true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top