U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2019, 08:04 AM
 
10,516 posts, read 12,728,045 times
Reputation: 3863

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, he is slamming anyone who has exposed his dishonesty, hypocrisy and ignorance. Why do you think he keeps on repeating the same old rubbish, even when it is not relevant to the topic in hand? What on earth does Stalin have to do with when the gospels were written? How do I want to destroy religion when I am for freedom of religion? And why are we stupid because we do not know he his referring to the name of a video on Youtube?

We KNOW you are just too much on the side of slamming atheism, and that is the only reason you agree with Arach's rabid and irrelevant attacks.
You are one of the extreme atheists in this group, so your opinion is always going to be dismissed by most. Your opinion is considered extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2019, 08:05 AM
 
10,516 posts, read 12,728,045 times
Reputation: 3863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
ok, so john got the part about a guy named Jesus running around telling people to be nice to your neighbors no matter what.

thats fine.

how do you accept that this guy said a guy died and rose for ours sins literally as true?
Because I see the way that faith has changed so many people. Are you really that blind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 08:22 AM
 
13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Reputation: 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Because I see the way that faith has changed so many people. Are you really that blind?
Blind as bat, thats why I use other senses. I see how the religion helps people.

a simple cross check with my good buddy common sense ... religion can and does help peope is a true statement.

but how does that show a man dies and rises for our sins? literally?
and how does that show "jesus is the only way to be saved." literally that is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 08:22 AM
 
10,516 posts, read 12,728,045 times
Reputation: 3863
Atheists have to make up excuses in order to deny what they know as real saving faith in others. To completely dismiss what they have seen with their own eyes.

I was doing the same exact thing recently. I know what I'm speaking of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 08:48 AM
 
13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Reputation: 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Atheists have to make up excuses in order to deny what they know as real saving faith in others. To completely dismiss what they have seen with their own eyes.

I was doing the same exact thing recently. I know what I'm speaking of.
ok, lets give you that for sake of argument. I am atheist so i deny things.

lets look at what I don't deny.

billions of people died and not one came back ... literally that is. Why would a person claim that somebody came back from the dead when no one in the recent past has seen it literally happen? And only a few are credited with seeing it 2000 years ago? let alone died to save us from being exactly how we were designed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 09:05 AM
 
10,516 posts, read 12,728,045 times
Reputation: 3863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
ok, lets give you that for sake of argument. I am atheist so i deny things.

lets look at what I don't deny.

billions of people died and not one came back ... literally that is. Why would a person claim that somebody came back from the dead when no one in the recent past has seen it literally happen? And only a few are credited with seeing it 2000 years ago? let alone died to save us from being exactly how we were designed.
Only a few reported it. But it was ENOUGH to create the faith that has endured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 09:09 AM
Status: "Scarface IS fiction!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Germany
5,028 posts, read 932,188 times
Reputation: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao.
I do apologize, my BS filter has removed most of the above text. Can you please try again without the BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Status: "Scarface IS fiction!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Germany
5,028 posts, read 932,188 times
Reputation: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You are one of the extreme atheists in this group, so your opinion is always going to be dismissed by most. Your opinion is considered extreme.
News flash, ALL atheists do not believe in gods.

Thank you for another Ozzy 'fact' without evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 09:12 AM
Status: "Scarface IS fiction!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Germany
5,028 posts, read 932,188 times
Reputation: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Because I see the way that faith has changed so many people. Are you really that blind?
Therefore other religions must also be true, and by definition your one and only god must be false.

Are you really so blind to the logic of your argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Status: "Scarface IS fiction!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Germany
5,028 posts, read 932,188 times
Reputation: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Atheists have to make up excuses in order to deny what they know as real saving faith in others. To completely dismiss what they have seen with their own eyes.

I was doing the same exact thing recently. I know what I'm speaking of.
No, you have to invent facts (like this one). We look at the evidence (and the lack of evidence). Well, most of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top