U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 11:03 PM

10,534 posts, read 2,692,185 times

Advertisements

Ive been doing some reading on this lately and Im not sure if any of this is actually real or not. There seems to be quite a bit of information out there about this kind of thing, but from what I understand, nearly all of it originates from the Grimoires (fairly tales in other words), or the Lessor keys of Solomon, even their 'Sigils come from a literary work!

I read about this one lady earlier, who claimed to summon the demon Azazel frequently, over the course of 10 yrs or so, she claims she has a good relationship with the demon now, but at first had to leave 'offerings' and ensure to carefully word her sentences before speaking them aloud, paying special attention to how she addressed him at all times, the offerings could be anything, like half a granola bar, or cup of wine, etc, one time, she said she drew a picture of him and that was her offering (she claimed he liked the drawing). She said she had entered into a pact with him, he was going to teach her all the great mysteries of the universe in return for her continuing to worship and pray to him specifically.

Ive tried Googling this a few times, and using different combinations of words, but I keep getting the same types of returns (that Im not interested in), basically I want to read about someone who has attempted and/or done this over a period of time, and less about A. Levays church of satan, Ed and Lorraine Warren, etc! LOL

Just curious if someone on the C-D boards has ever heard of someone doing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 11:15 PM

4,411 posts, read 1,640,943 times
Should be moved to,

“Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal” section of the forum.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Should be moved to,

“Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal” section of the forum.
I considered posting in there, but 'demons/ demonology' is more religious/spiritual imo, (since demons are fallen angels/former angels of heaven).

Plus, we are talking about people who worship these beings, that is religious/spiritual, NOT paranormal (the topic could be considered 'unexplained' maybe, but then again, not so much either).

Old 06-17-2019, 12:28 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,335,973 times
Demons! In 2019! Ye gods!

Old 06-17-2019, 03:02 AM

8,101 posts, read 7,068,811 times
Wizards could do this if the wizard is not a threat to the identity of demon as demons have laws that they remain elusive ...... where witches and mediums do not believe in demons and will consider their gifts from demons came from God .........through the power of Holy Spirit of Christ with prayers of the authority of the believer can command demons to come forward to them to be caste down to the pit as it there are God`s laws not to talk to demons without casting them down through Jesus ........ people who do not believe in demons in this age 2019 , live are under the deception from demons, that demon law that they will influence people , as demons are elusive , and unseen spirits and if they come out to talk they are pretending that they are god

Old 06-17-2019, 03:16 AM

27,954 posts, read 15,043,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I considered posting in there, but 'demons/ demonology' is more religious/spiritual imo, (since demons are fallen angels/former angels of heaven).

Plus, we are talking about people who worship these beings, that is religious/spiritual, NOT paranormal (the topic could be considered 'unexplained' maybe, but then again, not so much either).
Again, where do folks get this idea of fallen angels?...

shadim
Demons in Judaism are called shadim and exist in a state between human and angel. They can procreate and die but that is where their resemblance to humans ends. They do not have free will and function to perform actions as directed by God.

Belief in demons is thus generally present but very peripheral in the Jewish scheme. No representative thinker, for instance, ever thought of dubbing Ibn Ezra a heretic because he refused to believe in demons. Needless to say, sophisticated Jewish thinkers who did believe in the existence of demons did not think of these as little devils with forked tails breathing fire but as spiritual forces which God has unleashed in the world for purposes of His own, or as harmful psychological processes which take place in the human mind. - https://www.myjewishlearning.com/art...eve-in-demons/

Last edited by Richard1965; 06-17-2019 at 03:31 AM..

Old 06-17-2019, 04:00 AM

13,477 posts, read 4,986,806 times
I don't know about this sigil thing, but I did using nuptials.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:37 AM

472 posts, read 93,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Well played, Arach.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:20 AM

13,477 posts, read 4,986,806 times
I honestly believe most of us would get along in real life.

maybe that is just like hoping for heaven tho.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
The Sigils are like the demons 'brand', it identifies them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or