U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 06:23 PM

13,473 posts, read 4,982,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I already did. Yours was less valid.
yeah, like fundy theist claimed i was less valid too.

man, you are smart, i wanna be smart like you.

lmao, you didn't understand w=f*d in context and remember when you and your biology phd couldn't figure out what 47 cm meant ... lmao ... you didn't know what it meant ... thats funny funny.

yeah, you compared it alright. straw man ... thats funny too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 11:48 PM

5,033 posts, read 934,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, like fundy theist claimed i was less valid too.
The evidence is in the post you wrote. Jesus got the story wrong.

Quote:
lmao, you didn't understand w=f*d in context
You did not understand, that is why you had to Google the formula, and then used the word 'theta' you heard in your video (but did not understand). So here are the questions once more for you to avoid, what was the distance moved? And what moved? And what is your qualification in?

Quote:
and remember when you and your biology phd couldn't figure out what 47 cm meant ... lmao ... you didn't know what it meant ... thats funny funny.
The biology PhD you claim to be better than (while avoiding the science section) has nothing to do with this forum. So how could he figure out something irrelevant that he is ignorant of? Mystic plays this lets pretend game so much better, but then he has intelligence on his side.

But yes, what does it mean? Just saying 47 cm with no context means nothing. Perhaps you would like to explain in the science section?

Old 07-01-2019, 12:59 AM

39,026 posts, read 10,819,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Jesus the Jew quoting the Greek Septuagint, which I would point out heavily conflicts with the Masoretic text.

How rational is that?

That would be like you quoting the Soviet Constitution to an American and then trying to claim the Soviet Constitution is the same as the US Constitution.
I'm obliged to point out that this was an argument I used too, until it was pointed out that the Dead Sea scrolls do at times agree with the Septuagint reading. This means that the Gospel reading might be more in line with the interpretation or reading in Jesus' time.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:04 AM

39,026 posts, read 10,819,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The evidence is in the post you wrote. Jesus got the story wrong.

You did not understand, that is why you had to Google the formula, and then used the word 'theta' you heard in your video (but did not understand). So here are the questions once more for you to avoid, what was the distance moved? And what moved? And what is your qualification in?

The biology PhD you claim to be better than (while avoiding the science section) has nothing to do with this forum. So how could he figure out something irrelevant that he is ignorant of? Mystic plays this lets pretend game so much better, but then he has intelligence on his side.

But yes, what does it mean? Just saying 47 cm with no context means nothing. Perhaps you would like to explain in the science section?
What is it with these people? Both of Mystic's disciples (Goldie used to and Arach does) seem to like hopping up and down padding out meaningless rubbish with lolling their heads off, thumbing their noses and shouting theistic claims as a form of defiance or indeed impudence.

Either way it's not doing them or Mystic much credit. Especially when Mystic scurries up and pins another bar to Arach's atheist -basher award.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:29 PM

19,879 posts, read 14,221,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'm obliged to point out that this was an argument I used too, until it was pointed out that the Dead Sea scrolls do at times agree with the Septuagint reading. This means that the Gospel reading might be more in line with the interpretation or reading in Jesus' time.
That only proves the person(s) who wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls were more familiar with the Septuagint.

Whoever wrote the Great Isaiah Scroll, which is part of the Dead Sea collection, didn't know what they were doing. They were barely literate. There are so many spelling and grammatical errors it's not even funny and then add the orthographic errors on top of that. It was a nightmare for them to translate it, because they couldn't make out what he was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or