U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 06:23 PM
Status: "Trump 2020-make liberals cry again" (set 2 days ago)

16,341 posts, read 8,888,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You need to get out more. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 06:25 PM

40,034 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Even pagans like me know that Jesus was the Word -- not your ever-so-precious collection of old pamphlets.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:37 PM

13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You don't have to be ignorant of what's in the Bible to be a Christian or to know what's really in the bible to be an atheist. But it helps.

Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
A Christian could have a deeply rich and fulfilled life without even once opening the book.
He doesn't even need the book when he has a relationship with his creator.

Quote:
Arach: A Christian can have a deeply rich and fulfilled life without ever once repeating
a man died and rise-ed for our sins. and still believe in something.

The hilarious thing is that...atheists agree. That's exactly what we do - we have a worthwhile life without Bible or church. So just what is their problem with atheism? i want them to sit down and ask themselves just what is their Beef with atheism.
they don't have a beef with atheism. they have a beef with atheist like you. they lump all atheist under one flag like you do with people that believe the universe is god.

your tactic of obscuring facts so that theist can't use it and make atheism harder to sell is just plain dishonest.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:53 PM

10,516 posts, read 12,728,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss hepburn View Post
that was meant to be hysterical, right....a :d would have made that clear...cuz i sure did laugh.
Good one.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:57 PM

22,437 posts, read 10,385,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No. I'm not kidding. There's a whole world out there that reads other books, and has other ideas. In 50 years you could have, too. You seem very limited.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:19 PM

15,350 posts, read 12,109,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
they don't have a beef with atheism.
they have a beef with atheists like you.
You guys have got to stoppit...I'm peeing my pants...I mean it...

Old 06-20-2019, 07:27 PM

39,014 posts, read 10,812,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Trans, my point is not to throw out the Bible. The Bible is as true today as the day that the KJV flew down from the sky on the wings of a dove.

My point is that a faithful devoted Christian doesn't need to read it if he has a relationship with Jesus Christ. Even if he has only read one gospel that would be more than enough. I thought my point was simple.
You are fooling yourself, but you don't fool me.

If the KJV (mistranslated by committee) was to you the Word of God, you wouldn't care what it said, but just having a Jesus that suits you in your head is all that matters?

This only makes any kind of sense if you know that the Bible isn't defensible as being true, either today or when it was written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That was meant to be hysterical, right....a would have made that clear...cuz I sure did laugh.
Good one.
Maybe...but I took that as said with a straight face, But I could be wrong.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:30 PM
Status: "Trump 2020-make liberals cry again" (set 2 days ago)

16,341 posts, read 8,888,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No. I'm not kidding. There's a whole world out there that reads other books, and has other ideas. In 50 years you could have, too. You seem very limited.
How do you know what books I have or haven’t read? How do you know my education background? The fact is, you don’t. You have no valid argument so you degrade your debate opponent. Liberalism 101.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:33 PM

13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How do you know what books I have or haven’t read? How do you know my education background? The fact is, you don’t. You have no valid argument so you degrade your debate opponent. Liberalism 101.
its actually a personality type that does it, not a belief system.

but like most doctors will tell ya. Its when they don't know they are "being triggered" is when its a problem.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:39 PM

10,516 posts, read 12,728,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You are fooling your self, but you don't fool me.

If the KJV (mistranslated by committee) was to you the Word of God, you wouldn't care what it said, but just having a Jesus that suits you in your head is all that matters?

This only makes any kind of sense if you know that the Bible isn't defensible as being true, either today or when it was written.
The gospel is what is shared with people and it is what saves them. It is not a story in their head. It is a revelation of something they know in their spirit is true. Some people like to know more about the gospel stories, but to others, the main points are enough. That is the reason that the Bible does not completely encapsulate it. The Bible is more like a key to open the door.

So you and other atheists don't understand Christianity because you are just examining the key. You don't even care about the door and what is behind it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or