Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2019, 02:49 PM

562 posts, read 671,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Subjective. Hindus could also claim personal experiences that they attribute to Ganesh. If you want me too accept your experiences, will you accept theirs?

Presumably he knows where I am but for 70 years there has been no sign of your Yahweh.

Apparently he can't stop children dying in Africa for the want of a glass of clean water. I hear he's pretty god at finding lost keys and providing parking places though?

Another claim which you have no verifiable evidence for.
1. I will put my God of the OT and NT up againest Ganesh or any other Gods in this Universe and their grade B miracles.

2. My God knows these poor children are dying and feels their suffering. Did not God create them? They surely do have God in them. Do you think my God would just let them suffer for nothing? No! This must be for a very good reason. Their blood cries from the ground and God is keeping score believe me, or you are calling God a liar, and everything in the Bible false. The first lesson we learn in the Bible is what goes around comes around. They will surely go to live in a much better place with God, because they deserve to be there.

3.Yes, God knows where you are and where everyone else is also. I do not know why God visits and talks to some, and gives them proof, and not everyone else in this world. I have asked God this myself, but i believe God also has good reasons for this. I also believe true believers do get answers they seek, and we all will meet God at last. There is nothing that can compare to being in the Presence of God, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit.

Last edited by glenninindy; 06-21-2019 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 03:29 PM

50,125 posts, read 23,785,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
1. I will put my God of the OT and NT up againest Ganesh or any other Gods in this Universe and their grade B miracles.

2. My God knows these poor children are dying and feels their suffering. Did not God create them? They surely do have God in them. Do you think my God would just let them suffer for nothing? No! This must be for a very good reason. Their blood cries from the ground and God is keeping score believe me, or you are calling God a liar, and everything in the Bible false. The first lesson we learn in the Bible is what goes around comes around. They will surely go to live in a much better place with God, because they deserve to be there.

3.Yes, God knows where you are and where everyone else is also. I do not know why God visits and talks to some, and gives them proof, and not everyone else in this world. I have asked God this myself, but i believe God also has good reasons for this. I also believe true believers do get answers they seek, and we all will meet God at last. There is nothing that can compare to being in the Presence of God, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit.
Oh, I didn't know it was a competition between gods. But interesting that you admit there are multiple gods.

So the all powerful and ever-loving god just lets them suffer. Pitiful. Shameful.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:45 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,189,987 times
Quote:
1. I will put my God of the OT and NT up against Ganesh or any other Gods in this Universe and their grade B miracles.

2. My God knows these poor children are dying and feels their suffering. Did not God create them? They surely do have God in them. Do you think my God would just let them suffer for nothing? No!

This must be for a very good reason. Their blood cries from the ground and God is keeping score believe me, or you are calling God a liar, and everything in the Bible false. The first lesson we learn in the Bible is what goes around comes around. They will surely go to live in a much better place with God, because they deserve to be there.

I liked what you said here.
Yes, must be a reason..."Nothing is what it seems", phet...I keep sayin'.

If I may, I have realized we that have God visit and talk to us simply need it more for some reason.
(Secretly, I think it makes us a bit more pitiful that we needed that.
Not special, see...just open and ready.)
When we get tired of trying to figure out something ourselves...
sit in stillness and silence...and there it is....wait.
Welcome to this thread, glenn.

Added: Oh how do you weigh in on, 'same God in the OT as the NT?'

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 06-21-2019 at 03:54 PM..

Old 06-21-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

If I may, I have realized we that have God visit and talk to us simply need it more for some reason.

There is no excusing child abuse, no matter or what commits it.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:18 PM

50,079 posts, read 20,474,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Oh, I didn't know it was a competition between gods. But interesting that you admit there are multiple gods.

So the all powerful and ever-loving god just lets them suffer. Pitiful. Shameful.
It's disgusting. A god that doesn't do anything to help is justified as 'Good' because it will all be put right after we die. Even though the only criterion for getting into heaven is belief in Jesus, and anyone that says there is any other criterion for being saved is lying to themselves and us (or have invented their own brand of Christianity). So those who are not saved in Jesus will suffer in eternity after suffering in this life.

Can anybody see any sense or good in that? Isn't waving this around as something beautiful, good and wonderful just peddling a big fat lie?

Old 06-21-2019, 08:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,189,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
There is no excusing child abuse, no matter or what commits it.
Really? Again Big Picture....ya can't look at things from an ant's point of view and think
you understand what's going on.

But, ok then...should I go into mine? My child abuse that lasted 32 yrs? Sigh,
I'd rather not.... but I believe it took about 60 years...praying, cuz I knew it wasn't right to hate my father....I knew my relationships were being effected..
I paid for therapy to forgive my father.....did the screaming and tears...oy.

Only to one day while doing something before noon on a Saturday to have one of my 'visions'...
where I see the past basically....Suddenly, as per usual, everything stopped and I was 'there'...
I heard my father's voice as clear as a bell saying to me, he would be my father and i would be his daughter and he
would treat me as I treated women ... so I could see how it hurt /broke a their spirit...and
stop once and for all! I agreed.

So this bad father, this enemy that I thought should NEVER have had children ...was one of my BEST buddies, so close in my soul group....he agreed to treat me horribly.

"Nothing is what it seems", my friend.

We can keep pontificating our old boring ideas till the cows come home, phet, (wish I could call you by your first name here, cuz I love it)..but there
is a Bigger Picture to e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
And you are no fool, this I know, but you are hung up on this particular belief...not opening
to the broader perspective.
And yes it Seeeeeems just horrible...it is hard for the rational mind to comprehend the injustice
I know! I lived with it.

But, there's a bigger game at play.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Really? Again Big Picture....ya can't look at things from an ant's point of view and think
you understand what's going on.

But, ok then...should I go into mine? My child abuse that lasted 32 yrs? Sigh,
I'd rather not.... but I believe it took about 60 years...praying, cuz I knew it wasn't right to hate my father....I knew my relationships were being effected..
I paid for therapy to forgive my father.....did the screaming and tears...oy.

Only to one day while doing something before noon on a Saturday to have one of my 'visions'...
where I see the past basically....Suddenly, as per usual, everything stopped and I was 'there'...
I heard my father's voice as clear as a bell saying to me, he would be my father and i would be his daughter and he
would treat me as I treated women ... so I could see how it hurt /broke a their spirit...and
stop once and for all! I agreed.

So this bad father, this enemy that I thought should NEVER have had children ...was one of my BEST buddies, so close in my soul group....he agreed to treat me horribly.

"Nothing is what it seems", my friend.

We can keep pontificating our old boring ideas till the cows come home, phet, (wish I could call you by your first name here, cuz I love it)..but there
is a Bigger Picture to e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
And you are no fool, this I know, but you are hung up on this particular belief...not opening
to the broader perspective.
And yes it Seeeeeems just horrible...it is hard for the rational mind to comprehend the injustice
I know! I lived with it.

But, there's a bigger game at play.
So you're actually debating my statement that there's no excusing child abuse no matter who commits it?

Old 06-21-2019, 10:33 PM

50,079 posts, read 20,474,239 times
It's pretty inescapable - the Vic. argument: No matter how senseless, wrong and appalling it is, it is all Good in the end because God knows what he is doing.

That's what you have to believe or decide that you can't.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:57 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,790,740 times
Quote:
...and you know that THAT is exactly what the followers of other gods say about their gods. Now. Are you ready to explain why we should believe you rather than them?

Quote:
My God knows these poor children are dying and feels their suffering.
...and yet he does nothing.

Quote:
Did not God create them?
According to the mythology that you subscribe to.

Quote:
Do you think my God would just let them suffer for nothing?
It would appear so.

Quote:
No! This must be for a very good reason.
Child abusers, wife beaters, murderers, rapists, thieves ...they too, all claim to have very good reasons for doing what they do.

Quote:
Their blood cries from the ground and God is keeping score believe me, or you are calling God a liar, and everything in the Bible false.
To me your god does not exist and the Bible is proven to be not much more than fable, fiction and fraud.

Quote:
The first lesson we learn in the Bible is what goes around comes around. They will surely go to live in a much better place with God, because they deserve to be there.
Ah so your god let's let them starve slowly and die of thirst. He lets children die in agonising pain from appalling illnesses and disease...but it's ok, because they will go to heaven. THAT is about the sickest, most immoral thing I have heard in a long time.

Quote:
3.Yes, God knows where you are and where everyone else is also. I do not know why God visits and talks to some, and gives them proof, and not everyone else in this world.
I do. The visits are in their heads

Quote:
I have asked God this myself, but i believe God also has good reasons for this. I also believe true believers do get answers they seek, ...
Of course they do...but the answers come from themselves not their gods. Do you realise that if you really and truly believe 100% that leprechauns exist and you ask them for the answer to some problem that you have, they will give you the answer. My Irish friends will confirm this - and if you don't wave to them as you drive over the bridges that they live under, then you will have bad luck all day. It's the same mindset that you are living in. No different

Quote:
...and we all will meet God at last.
So you claim. Yet another claim that you hold without a shred of verifiable evidence.

Quote:
There is nothing that can compare to being in the Presence of God, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit.
My Hindu friends say the same about Ganesh. The Japanese also say it about Amaterasu. So again. Why should we believe you and not them? Do you have some kind of verifiable evidence to prove your claim over theirs?

Old 06-22-2019, 04:03 AM

16,578 posts, read 4,864,291 times
Quote:

There must be a good reason why a god allows suffering? Can you think of one?

I can think of several reasons why it would allow suffering, but none of them are good. It does not know of us; it does not care about us; it is an evil god; we are just an experiment for it; it does not exist.

And the going to a better place argument sounds to me like an insurance scam. Pay now and we promise a reward later,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality