Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 06:39 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It is sad that you have chosen influences that choose resistance to God .
If there were no god why the fight ?
Religion attempts to better man and make him a aware of his accountability . In the effort to see that he behaves with out supervision of others.
Are not morality and honesty and truth a good thing ?
Isn't believing in some one that helps one be more human and merciful to his fellow a good thing ?
Muslims are the ones killing Christians ( and any one not Muslim) yet you fight is against Christians . are you Muslim ?
most people understand the diference between a fight to stop oppression and describing the system we are in.

anti-god/religious and my-god-only types don't get it. They need the universe to be their statement of belief about god. weather its god or anti-god doesn't really matter. they would be cute if they weren't so dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 01:17 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ummmmm. I suppose there is no gentle way of breaking this to you but....

1 Kings 22:19–23

19 And Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing beside him on his right hand and on his left; 20 and the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said one thing, and another said another. 21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, saying, ‘I will entice him.’ 22 And the Lord said to him, ‘By what means?’ And he said, ‘I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And he said, ‘You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.’ 23 Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; the Lord has declared disaster for you.”

It appears that your god has no problems with liars

If you were a Christian that knew the scriptures, you would have known that your god has no problem with liars and even encourages them,
And not only the OT. Paul makes it clear that he does and says whatever misrepresentation is necessary to persuade, cajole and bamboozle his targets. He even rejoices in his ability to trap his marks.

And we see the same in the NT (though it's harder to spot) not only with Jesus' crafty evasiveness, but downright deception. The David and the shewbread argument is absurd as an attempted proof that keeping the sabbath isn't important (a point the Gospels argue that you with NEVER hear preached from the Pulpit) because, even if the argument that David bullied a priest into making his divine buns available to David and his followers was valid (Real Pharisees would never have let this one go), David, the repeated sinner, is supposed to be a role model for breaking the Commandments?

Lies, lies and more lies.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:04 AM

lmao ... jesus is deceptive.

that in of itself exposes your sect of atheism.

lamo ... deceptive ... i can't stop laughing. I don't believe in him and I know "deceptive" is just pure nonsense.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:51 AM

16,754 posts, read 4,966,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao ... jesus is deceptive.

that in of itself exposes your sect of atheism.

lamo ... deceptive ... i can't stop laughing. I don't believe in him and I know "deceptive" is just pure nonsense.

Jesus in the gospel gets the story of David wrong, which means the son of God and the creator of the universe (in the story) either did not know what he was talking about or he was being deceptive*.

You could actually learn what the arguments are instead of your usual irrelevant but inevitable 'sects of atheism' attacks.

* Probably a literary device from the author of Mark.

Last edited by Harry Diogenes; 06-30-2019 at 03:14 AM..

Old 06-30-2019, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

Jesus in the gospel gets the story of David wrong, which means the son of God and the creator of the universe (in the story) either did not know what he was talking about or he was being deceptive*.

You could actually learn what the arguments are instead of your usual irrelevant but inevitable 'sects of atheism' attacks.
lamo ... whatever you say harry.

and, lets compare them. keep in mind I make choices on him being a god. I don't believe in god.

so lets compare them side by side and think about what one is more rational.

"jesus actually did pretty good with the amount of information he didn't have."

vs

"jesus is deceptive."

vs

"jesus is loving."

lmao ... now what do we do?

Old 06-30-2019, 03:36 AM

16,754 posts, read 4,966,602 times
Quote:
lamo ... whatever you say harry.

and, lets compare them.
I already did. Yours was less valid.

Old 06-30-2019, 03:58 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
And not only the OT. Paul makes it clear that he does and says whatever misrepresentation is necessary to persuade, cajole and bamboozle his targets. He even rejoices in his ability to trap his marks.

And we see the same in the NT (though it's harder to spot) not only with Jesus' crafty evasiveness, but downright deception. The David and the shewbread argument is absurd as an attempted proof that keeping the sabbath isn't important (a point the Gospels argue that you with NEVER hear preached from the Pulpit) because, even if the argument that David bullied a priest into making his divine buns available to David and his followers was valid (Real Pharisees would never have let this one go), David, the repeated sinner, is supposed to be a role model for breaking the Commandments?

Lies, lies and more lies.
...and then we have JC telling his mates to sod-off to the party because he wasn't going himself. Then, after they go, he also goes!

Jesus the liar.

Old 06-30-2019, 03:25 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

* Probably a literary device from the author of Mark.
I'm beginning to think that ..ah heck. Why even bother refuting this dolt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and then we have JC telling his mates to sod-off to the party because he wasn't going himself. Then, after they go, he also goes!

Jesus the liar.
john 7.8

Old 06-30-2019, 05:09 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
so lets compare them side by side and think about what one is more rational.
Jesus the Jew quoting the Greek Septuagint, which I would point out heavily conflicts with the Masoretic text.

How rational is that?

That would be like you quoting the Soviet Constitution to an American and then trying to claim the Soviet Constitution is the same as the US Constitution.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Jesus the Jew quoting the Greek Septuagint, which I would point out heavily conflicts with the Masoretic text.

How rational is that?

That would be like you quoting the Soviet Constitution to an American and then trying to claim the Soviet Constitution is the same as the US Constitution.
ok, what are we comparing?

Jesus quoted what? and what is the other claim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality