Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 07:33 PM

317 posts, read 228,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Who else in creation can offer eternal life in paradise in his kingdom? Those that want that get with the program. God didn't want this system for us. Mortals and a fallen angel caused it. God created mortals to know only good. Rebelling caused this system. Issues were raised against God in the events of Eden.
Satan says we can know both sides ourselves( good and bad) meaning then we can choose for ourselves the best path to lasting happiness. God wants us to know only good and choose with our free will to listen to his advice to find the path to lasting happiness. Its a guarantee Gods way is best. This system is sick( 2Timothy 3)
You think you can understand the reality of the whole picture as God can? He created creation. You cannot even create a single blade of grass. Our thoughts are really insignificant, yet that powerful being listens to us as his children if we listen to him. He really is Good. He hates sin, because sin= worship to satan.
sin means missing the mark of perfection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 07:45 PM

317 posts, read 228,389 times
Quote:
So while you sit in the judgement seat--You missed all the truths that have come through them. When did God make you judge? You don't even know what Jesus taught, yet think you know truth, how sad for you.
What is an example of anything the watchtower has "prophesied" that has come true? I will wait for a response.

All their proper food at the proper time, and the light gets brighter at the end of the tunnel is just a bunch of BS to keep you holding on waiting for the good stuff. Like watching a reality tv show, where the previews for what is to happen after the commercial break keep you hanging on, then nothing happens after the commercial break.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:30 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeVilley View Post
What is an example of anything the watchtower has "prophesied" that has come true? I will wait for a response.

All their proper food at the proper time, and the light gets brighter at the end of the tunnel is just a bunch of BS to keep you holding on waiting for the good stuff. Like watching a reality tv show, where the previews for what is to happen after the commercial break keep you hanging on, then nothing happens after the commercial break.
Y'all trippin'
Prophecy = God showed me in a dream, riddle, a sign , via angels

Prediction= I would not doubt the way things are going the world will end in xyz.

WT has predicted but has learned it's lesson we, JWs, just stick with what Jesus and the apostles were saying

God's Kingdom is just around the corner and when will it happen?

Only the Father knows not even Jesus knows.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:54 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Y'all trippin'

Prediction= I would not doubt the way things are going the world will end in xyz.

WT has predicted but has learned it's lesson we, JWs, just stick with what Jesus and the apostles were saying

That prediction as you call it was referred to as Jehovah's promise. The WT claims to be Jehovah's sole channel to the great crowd.

Reference Deut 18:22.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Y'all trippin'

I truly could not tell the difference between that as an attempt to preach and a sarcastic mockery. In any case, if i was a Bible believer, I'd look at the string of failed predictions and say 'Jesus spoke of false prophets'. Luke 17 23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

Even a stopped clock gets it right, once a day.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-13-2019 at 05:31 AM..

Old 08-16-2019, 12:24 AM

3,801 posts, read 2,996,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I truly could not tell the difference between that as an attempt to preach and a sarcastic mockery. In any case, if i was a Bible believer, I'd look at the string of failed predictions and say 'Jesus spoke of false prophets'. Luke 17 23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

Even a stopped clock gets it right, once a day.
Please do not use that expression.
False prophets and false teachers is one of the most popular quotes with hardline and Evangelical groups, with the Pope being their most popular target.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:46 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
I thought under the circumstances it was perfectly appropriate to use when a particular religious group make predictions that don't pan out. The Gospel 'False prophets' absolutely applies and they should have thought of it themselves. But the, as with other Biblequotes, they seem able to ignore them. No, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't use the term when appropriate.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:55 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeVilley View Post

You say its BS because you don't know bible facts--Matthew24:45--AT THE PROPER TIME = When God wills a truth known, it will be known, and not before, so the ones walking in light must wait for those truths as well.. ut they did come out at the proper time here in these last days to make this a bible truth-Daniel 12:4.
They can clearly see that Michael is the one who came down here, not YHVH.
The only ones on earth who could see this occurred-1914( revelation 6)

Old 08-16-2019, 12:59 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Quite simple - they were written to reflect the beliefs of the people who wrote them.

You can perhaps explain to us why God have the hebrews a lot of pettifogging laws about wool, shellfish and sticks but couldn't be bothered to tell them to set an example by no enslaving people.

You can perhaps explain to us why Jesus himself slaps down Matthew for saying the Death of jesus can't be allowed to happen (because he knows it has to be) but then those who are part of god's plan to make it happen are the bad guys, and jesus even asks whether there isn' a plan B.

Perhaps you can explain why a divine spirit that in put into Jesus at conception and allows him to ascend to resurrect and ascend, had to descend on Jesus when he's over 20 and departs him on the cross - job Done?

Those are more serious questions than the apparently pointless dickering about John's theology.

Ah that's why it's a win-win situation for Christianity. It's a financial scheme that only pays up in the next world.

Its your false reasoning on things that keeps you in darkness.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:25 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,656 times
Quote:
Its your false reasoning on things that keeps you in darkness.
It is your LACK of reasoning that keeps you in the darkness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality