U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 06:40 AM

39,033 posts, read 10,825,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Quite so, but she can't escape when the parent have control of her dosh. First she needs to be in charge of her finances and then she can move out.

I have a cunning plan old fruit...and it's as cunning as a fox that has just been appointed professor of cunning at Cunning university in Cunningtown!

Me being an old duffer of 70 that is just beginning to babble incoherently, foam at the mouth and lose bladder control...why don't we hire me to the OP to take home to her parents and tell them that she is going to marry me. This will surely result in them disowning her and then she can move out to her own pad! You can act as my carer - usual 10% commission of course.
Yes, but getting control of the dosh is not too hard, as you babbled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
If you can't find a way now, be patient and Pray hard to God about it everyday day and night to make a way for you. God's way will be the best way for you to go.
Or she could just pray and let everything lie, as you suggest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 07:47 AM

205 posts, read 395,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Yes, but getting control of the dosh is not too hard, as you babbled.

Or she could just pray and let everything lie, as you suggest.
God can do it. Nothing is impossible to God.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:07 AM

4,226 posts, read 2,591,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anondeadgirl View Post
So I was born into the mormon religion, my parents have been mormon their whole life. They basically dedicate their whole life to this one religion. I'm now 18 and they have told me that I can make my own decisions but it doesn't mean they will agree with me. (Also they've known even since I was 13 I haven't wanted to be apart of the LDS church and they refused to let me make my own decisions)

I've told them multiples times I don't want to be mormon and that I don't believe in it, and they just get mad and punish me. Even when I'm sick in bed and don't go to church they take away my car and disconnect my cell phone. I've dealt with this my whole life and I'm not financially stable enough to support myself so I can get out of this hell hole, especially because every time I do make money they steal it/take it away from me.

The main cause of my depression is because of my parents and them controlling me and my life and trying to force their beliefs and this <<cut>> religion on me. I feel like I'm never going to escape.
Have you ever considered enlisting into the military?

I've been on my own since age 15. You can leave, or you can fake it till you make it.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:32 AM

56,011 posts, read 54,523,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Perhaps she should be asking your god why it has put her in the position she is in, huh?
To learn to overcome obstacles.

Ganesha helps one overcome obstacles but also provides the obstacles to be overcome to begin with. You could probably say that's a property of the Christian personification of God, as well. There are some universal themes to all religions.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:17 AM

13,476 posts, read 4,986,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
"Rational" is in the mind of the beholder, Arach Angle. We've heard just one side of the story here and yet you're convinced that there is no other side that matters. Maybe the OP's parents are as controlling and zealous as she says they are. On the other hand, maybe they'd present an entirely different story if we were to be able to talk to them.
cop out katz. we can sit and compare claims to determine a relative validity scale.

And no I didn't. I totally understand what I did. We are in a forum, not sitting with her. I don't even know if she a atheist making it up.

so with that. what do we do? there is a set of procedures that help us figure it out. flexible course of actions.

First, put the possible flames out. settle them down start moving forward for them.

of course, for people like you and me, god isn't the end game is it? I am an atheist and you are a theist that seems to be worried about the person first.

for some people anti-god is the only end game. This person isn't quite their main concern.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:57 AM

21,958 posts, read 22,104,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
cop out katz. we can sit and compare claims to determine a relative validity scale.

And no I didn't. I totally understand what I did. We are in a forum, not sitting with her. I don't even know if she a atheist making it up.

so with that. what do we do? there is a set of procedures that help us figure it out. flexible course of actions.

First, put the possible flames out. settle them down start moving forward for them.

of course, for people like you and me, god isn't the end game is it? I am an atheist and you are a theist that seems to be worried about the person first.

for some people anti-god is the only end game. This person isn't quite their main concern.
If it was a 14- or 15-year-old writing the OP, my answer would have been different. But, hey, the girl's 18 and living with her parents. She hates her life with them and objects to their rules. The simple answer is" Move out. No, it's not going to be a piece of cake, but given her choices, moving out is the best one, IMO.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:54 PM

39,033 posts, read 10,825,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
God can do it. Nothing is impossible to God.
Except to prevent his Holy Bok being full of errors, apparently.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:04 PM

4,226 posts, read 2,591,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Except to prevent his Holy Bok being full of errors, apparently.
It is well known that the text is fragmented and heavily edited, so make with it what you will.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:17 PM

1,194 posts, read 354,850 times
I don't know if you realize you are sounding a bit disingenuous. You posted to ask people for advice, people are stepping up and trying to help you, and all you're doing is making excuses for every sensible plan being graciously presented to you. I know you're very young , and this is generally how youngsters respond to suggestions. So what's really going on?
You're going to have to sever ties with your parents. This is not going to be a tearful goodbye; it will probably be messy, with angry words given and received. You need to decide what you are willing to do to create an independent situation for yourself.
Why don't you check out Job Corps? You'll never have to go back to your parents house unless you want to.
I know how Mormons act. They victimize their children.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:29 PM

21,958 posts, read 22,104,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
I know how Mormons act. They victimize their children.
That's some serious <<bleep>> there.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-02-2019 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or