U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 11:13 AM

22,438 posts, read 10,390,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I am atheist so there is no "god" inside of me. I am the universe doing me.

yes, moral codes directly tied to "law of the jungle" and "my god only" are seriously flawed. they end up hurting far more people that the means justifies.

love, compassion, and understanding are far better guides.
This is a good post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM

14,774 posts, read 4,960,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
basing claims on how one is afraid of religion is purely fear based.

fear based statement of belief about god run us into some real problems.
People should fear religion more than anything in the universe, it has shaped and evolved the world since jump street, and I can see where an Atheist would be afraid of religions, and how religions are forced on a person in almost every aspect of their lives without their consent, but I doubt hardly anyone comes to God through fear, maybe as a child ingrained, but the child should grow up and study.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; Yesterday at 11:40 PM..

Old Today, 05:08 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,982,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
People should fear religion more than anything in the universe, it has shaped and evolved the world since jump street, and I can see where an Atheist would be afraid of religions, and how religions are forced on a person in almost every aspect of their lives without their consent, but I doubt hardly anyone comes to God through fear, maybe as a child ingrained, but the child should grow up and study.
You have a point. I disagree with "anything thing else in the universe".

I say fundy think type people are the most dangerous thing to us. weather its anti-religious or my-religion-only fundy think. They are dangerous in many ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality