U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 05:59 AM

3,767 posts, read 2,551,535 times

Advertisements

Personally, I don't think one can truly deny science, but for those who do. Science in it's most basic form is the study of the physical world through our senses. Seeing that God created us in his own image to rule over the other creatures of the Earth. Wouldn't denying the reality that God created for us, meaning to deny what can be clearly observed, and distinguished be going against god?

I dislike that science has been the victim of unnecessary hate, and mis guided hate. Science is the way we humans have lived for years, and is readily embraced when it directly enhances ones life. Science is not the enemy of the people if anything it's what has aided us the most in our history. Just wondering what others think.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:36 AM

13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Personally, I don't think one can truly deny science, but for those who do. Science in it's most basic form is the study of the physical world through our senses. Seeing that God created us in his own image to rule over the other creatures of the Earth. Wouldn't denying the reality that God created for us, meaning to deny what can be clearly observed, and distinguished be going against god?

I dislike that science has been the victim of unnecessary hate, and mis guided hate. Science is the way we humans have lived for years, and is readily embraced when it directly enhances ones life. Science is not the enemy of the people if anything it's what has aided us the most in our history. Just wondering what others think.
anybody that pits science against religion is very short sighted and/or out for a personal vendetta against a religion or science claims that don't line up with a personal statement of belief about god/religion.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:44 AM

476 posts, read 254,046 times
The truth of faith and the truth of reason can never be in conflict, since all truth comes from God, who is Truth itself.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:07 AM

4,410 posts, read 1,637,523 times
Quote:

The first 3 minutes should get your attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z57jvOE1YBE

Old 07-02-2019, 10:16 AM

14,766 posts, read 4,958,159 times
Quote:

People's opinion of the bible put science and God again each other but that is just opinion. Anyone who sits down to really study the creation story has to come to the conclusion that it is spiritual story of metaphors.

Moses purposely wrote the creation story in a way that everyone would know it was spirirual, not literal. What Moses had Adam doing in those 24 hours before Eve proves that Moses wanted you to know that he was in no way speaking of literal days, and just Adam's chest being opened up in death to obtain a bride should clue anyone into knowing it's a spiritual story of metaphors.

It is my good opinion that Moses was teaching of evolution, and the goal of the binle it to overcome the spirit of a beast within us all. All the sins of the world were put on the head of a beast, and the Tabernacle which would point to a future evolved temple, it had a body made from animal skins, and now the temple is the human body.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:18 AM

22,437 posts, read 10,385,168 times
I think there's a difference between finding truths and finding "THE TRUTH". Religionists often are confused about that.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:35 AM

5,028 posts, read 932,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I think there's a difference between finding truths and finding "THE TRUTH". Religionists often are confused about that.
Ain't that the truth.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:34 PM

they have found "the truth". people like that are in both camps. they have clarity logic and reason and they will save the rest of us weather we like it or not.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:25 PM

10,520 posts, read 15,567,026 times
Quote:

1. Seeing that God created us in his own image to rule over the other creatures of the Earth.

Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life

Not quite "created in image".

2. basic form is the study of the physical world through our senses.

Correct. Problem arises here. It takes approximately 0.1 second for a visual signal to reach the physical brain from retina. 0.1 second is actually a very long time. Hence, whatever one is observing is already not there or is different, by the time the signal itself reaches the visual lobes. Add to this time needed to have that signal processed. Then add to this time needed to provide even basic response, recognition into understanding, of what that image is.
Hence, any human thinking, based on senses, is not true representation of reality. It is imaginary assumption of human mind about it. Mind simply creates a virtual world that one exists in. No matter, how fast say a camera is, recording an event. Nothing is changing the above mentioned facts. Camera that films speed of light still will result only in virtual imaginary assumption about what was filmed, due to mind retardation of data, acquired by any instrument.

With any honesty, any scientist in the world has no right to state anything as ultimate truth, law or theory, about reality - as we all exist in virtual image of it, not in reality itself. Add to this that mind can only operate in terms of what mind already knows. Thus, creating that virtual image, mind inavitably utilizes preconceptions that were planted into it since childhood by parents, schooling, personal experiences, etc. Thus, mind is only prejudiced when making any "scientific" assumptions about reality it is "scientifically" studying.

As Sukyamuni said - If you were to start your path off the wrong assumption, you can only achieve wrong destination.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
1. Seeing that God created us in his own image to rule over the other creatures of the Earth.

nipped for space

As Sukyamuni said - If you were to start your path off the wrong assumption, you can only achieve wrong destination.
bingo ...

I don't know the dude, but how I put t is that we need to start of with the best statement we have.

"some of us feel religion is so dangerous we must deny everything so theist can't use it and make atheism harder to sell" ...

Is not it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality