U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 08:57 PM

36 posts, read 14,549 times

Advertisements

What's a religion? It's something with no value rather harmful , created by uneducated people thousands of years ago and today we educated people blindly practicing it without questioning. God never created religion, God gifted us only one religion called 'humanity' all other uneducated man-made religions are harmful. Today we are living in 21st century. Modern religion is good lives for all, justice for all, women freedom, financial stability for all, health care for all, global peace etc. etc. etc. Time to give up old religions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 09:23 PM

22,438 posts, read 10,385,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontuz View Post
What's a religion? It's something with no value rather harmful , created by uneducated people thousands of years ago and today we educated people blindly practicing it without questioning. God never created religion, God gifted us only one religion called 'humanity' all other uneducated man-made religions are harmful. Today we are living in 21st century. Modern religion is good lives for all, justice for all, women freedom, financial stability for all, health care for all, global peace etc. etc. etc. Time to give up old religions.
1. Even as an atheist, I don't believe that religion is all harmful.
2. Many question their religion. Not enough, but there are thinking religionists out there.
3. You think modern religion has created justice for all? Equality for women? Financial stability for all? Health care for all? Global peace? ??????????

Old 07-04-2019, 02:45 AM

39,020 posts, read 10,812,637 times
I got the impression that Kontuz is referencing humanism as the 'new religion'. This is not a problem and believers can be humanists (often are) as they just keep belief where it belongs: the head, the home and the church and out of society (1). Atheists can live with that. Just as we can with irreligious Theists. Often more easily than we can with religion-partial atheists it seems.

(1) they can assign to God whatever role they feel is appropriate for Him. Believers have ever created - and recreated where necessary - God in their own preferred image.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:03 AM

8,099 posts, read 7,065,854 times
The religion through Jesus Holy Spirit of The living God , still brings health care were the institution health is hardly needed Its called clean living and deliverance of spirits , which brings more life and health .........See the rules for This religion did not come from man but by this living God, so God did create this religion , but He did not add the frills of legalism that some use ....... This religion through the Holy Spirit is still live and well and it will be around longer than people today are alive.......

Old 07-04-2019, 03:05 AM

39,020 posts, read 10,812,637 times
There are almost as many posts i cancel as those i post)

Old 07-04-2019, 03:32 AM

13,457 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I got the impression that Kontuz is referencing humanism as the 'new religion'. This is not a problem and believers can be humanists (often are) as they just keep belief where it belongs: the head, the home and the church and out of society (1). Atheists can live with that. Just as we can with irreligious Theists. Often more easily than we can with religion-partial atheists it seems.

(1) they can assign to God whatever role they feel is appropriate for Him. Believers have ever created - and recreated where necessary - God in their own preferred image.
yeah, so long as they sit and don't question "the faith" they are fine. when people openly question "the faith" is when its a problem for ya. And no-god dern it, thats when you are to be a soldier of faith and stop such nonsense.

lmao... you sound exactly like a religionist.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:43 AM

15,350 posts, read 12,109,955 times
Quote:
What's a religion? It's something with #1 -no value rather
#2 -harmful ...
Hi Kontuz,
Could you tell us what you're thinking is harmful, in particular.
You can talk about it's 'no value'...if you want, too...like phet, I don't think it is valueless.

(I find one big value, ie, when people think there is a hell...some think
twice about robbing me and mine....so, it makes the world safer in my neighborhood!!
Yay for religion!)
Btw, I could list many harmful things.

I just saw the movie 'Luther' last night ....my, my were the 'religious in power', meaning the Catholic Church in the 1500s ignorant and
extremely corrupt and harmful to the peasants!

Added: Oh, and what would a religion look like, say, if you had your druthers?
Thanks

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 07-04-2019 at 07:57 AM..

Old 07-04-2019, 10:14 AM

40,037 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
There are almost as many posts I cancel as those I post)
Really? Well, that then is something we also have in common, Arq! Are you self-censoring too?

Old 07-04-2019, 05:00 PM

177 posts, read 36,934 times
Quote:
Humanity is a religion? No, that won't work. Perhaps on these forums you can define "religion" to mean whatever you want it to mean, just like you can define "Christian" to mean whatever you want it to mean?

What you describe as "modern religion" is more of an ideology or philosophy, not a religion. And you believe that this modern religion is realistic, do you? Why is it then that every single utopian experiment, even on the smallest scale, has failed? (Hint: Christianity has the answer. It's spelled H-U-M-A-N N-A-T-U-R-E.)

Even secular scholars agree that some religions, notably Christianity, have been the greatest positive forces in the history of the world for promoting "good lives for all, justice for all, women freedom, financial stability for all, health care for all, global peace etc. etc. etc."

But, please, fill in the blanks. Let us know how this "modern religion" of yours is going to achieve your utopian dreams. What does it espouse? "Everyone be nice and get along," perhaps? No, that won't work. (Hint: H-U-M-A-N N-A-T-U-R-E).

How will you implement it? Will billions of people be required to give up their "old religions" under penalty of imprisonment or execution? That's how the Bolsheviks attempted to transform Russian society, and it was a bit of a mess.

Let's start small: Just describe in 250 words or less how you personally live out this "modern religion." Inspire us to follow your example.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:33 PM

4,409 posts, read 1,637,523 times
Quote:
You can cry all day about your lecture on humanity till you find out that there is hardly anymore humanity left.
The entire world population is being clamped into slavery by the big corporations where the big fish eats the small fish - and all what matters is money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or