U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2019, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,374 posts, read 12,124,717 times
Reputation: 16623

Advertisements

Not that I would ever talk about on City Data...too amazing, too holy, too so-called supernatural,
too personal and heavenly.
And 90% of the time someone else was there experiencing
the same thing...even feeling 'the change' beginning...as in, the charge in the air,
the barometric pressure change...an electrical tingling spreading, the feeling of 'another dimension'
about to come through, both of us looking at the same spot...
saying, "Uh... Tom?" .... "Uhhhh, Miss H?" Then, we go speechless each time...hahaha...

Oh yeah, I'm gonna talk about those times here with you bozos... ...can't stop laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-07-2019, 06:33 AM
 
4,416 posts, read 1,642,332 times
Reputation: 1531
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Just curious if anyone has ever seen anything manifest into the physical world, like an angel,demon, other, or has ever heard of someone seeing something like this?


(Im not talking about seeing a ghost or something you think may be a ghost).
If you or anyone else claims that they have seen an angel - then the question is, how do you know it was an angel?
Do we have an existing and true knowledge base that tells us what does an angel look like, so that we can use that Pre-existing knowledge to know whether it was an angel or not?

For example, there is a four legged animal and I ask you if this is a cow?
You can probably tell immediately, “yes or no”, because we already have an established knowledge base on what does a cow look like, and what are it’s characteristics - we don’t have any such thing about angels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2019, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,374 posts, read 12,124,717 times
Reputation: 16623
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
If you or anyone else claims that they have seen an angel -
then the question is, how do you know it was an angel?
Trust me, you just do.
It's not God, it's not the Holy Spirit, it's not Jesus, it's not a cow, it's not Aunt Betty,
it's not Peter, Paul or Mary, it's not even your spirit guide...angels are angels.
There is no proof, no scientific method...ya gotta just know these things when you exp them....
and if you say
it could be a demon, I'm gonna smack you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2019, 09:48 AM
 
39,044 posts, read 10,831,421 times
Reputation: 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
If you or anyone else claims that they have seen an angel - then the question is, how do you know it was an angel?
Do we have an existing and true knowledge base that tells us what does an angel look like, so that we can use that Pre-existing knowledge to know whether it was an angel or not?

For example, there is a four legged animal and I ask you if this is a cow?
You can probably tell immediately, “yes or no”, because we already have an established knowledge base on what does a cow look like, and what are it’s characteristics - we don’t have any such thing about angels.
You have just probed one of the red flags (if indeed once can 'probe' a flag...never tried, myself..) of personal experience - how one 'Knows what it is'. If it is a product of the mind, it would of course know what it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2019, 09:55 AM
 
13,493 posts, read 4,990,097 times
Reputation: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You have just probed one of the red flags (if indeed once can 'probe' a flag...never tried, myself..) of personal experience - how one 'Knows what it is'. If it is a product of the mind, it would of course know what it was.
yes, how would one know that deny everything so theist can't use it make atheism harder to sell is a product of the mind and not a rational thought? like that angle thing telling that its true? how would a person know that isn't real? no matter how many time we told them to separate a god talk from how religion is dangerous talk? when that troubled mind just can't do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2019, 10:30 AM
 
Location: minnesota
6,338 posts, read 2,120,034 times
Reputation: 2168
Twice, as a kid, I saw things I don't have an explanation for.

At about four years of age I sat playing with my three year old brother on the living room floor. The house I grew up in was in the middle of a rural farming area in Minnesota. It's really small and old, built in the late 1890s. Somewhere along the way someone decided to bump out a window and it created a small space about 2 feet by 5 feet wide. Later my parents built in a toy box with a seat on top but at the time there was nothing there. I saw a white dog/wolf walk in from one side of the extended wall and out through the other. It never looked over or anything like that. It was just walking and it seemed to be unaware there was a wall, a house, or people where he was walking. I looked over at my brother and he hadn't noticed it. My mind made up an explanation that the dog was walking in a group with other dogs and people at a different time when the house wasn't there. I didn't know if it was in the past or the future.

The second time I would have been about eight. That important because I have extremely myopic(shut up Jimmie) and I didn't get glasses until nine so it's hard to tell the details of what I saw because is all I can see without my glasses are blurs. By this time my mom had put there fear of demons in me. They were everywhere and they were highly interested in me because we had The Truth. I don't know how I woke up but I remember seeing three green orbs floating inside my room and the far end. They were near a window and were moving like someone carry a flashlight through the woods in the dark. I didn't sense evil or anything but I became terrified. I hid under the covers for I don't know how long, I may have dozed off. I was drenched in sweat when I finally decided to throw back the covers and make a run for the downstairs. When I did that it stood up and it felt like someone threw ice water on me. I stood in shock for a second then ran out and slept the rest on the night on the couch. I didn't see anything in the room when I was running out. Never saw those lights again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2019, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,374 posts, read 12,124,717 times
Reputation: 16623
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Twice, as a kid, I saw things I don't have an explanation for.
At about four years of age I sat playing with my three year old brother on the living room floor.
The house I grew up in was in the middle of a rural farming area in Minnesota.
Oh, all I had to see was Minnesota and I stopped reading... I'M kidding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2019, 12:57 PM
 
10,569 posts, read 2,696,917 times
Reputation: 7163
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I remember we had a poster here many years ago who swore he'd seen a demon fizzing around his kitchen floor. It was uncanny how in the UFO world (which I was in for a while though as an interested skeptic) demonic appearances of 'aliens' what part of the Humanoid sect which indeed had its' religious fundamentalist sect which expressed dismay and walked out and started a rival group when the one i was in voted for the ET theory.

I remember when ball lightning was pronounced real phenomena. It wasn't a triumph for the supernatural, but a supernatural phenomenon lost to science. If ever demons turn out to be a real experience (which isn't the same as Real demons ) it won't be a win for Christianity but a loss of a piece of evidence to science.
Hmmm, I remember thinking the opposite, now that we know about ball lightning and we can look at some examples of it happening, it should be easier to determine cases that ARE ball lightning and those that are NOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2019, 01:03 PM
 
10,569 posts, read 2,696,917 times
Reputation: 7163
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
If you or anyone else claims that they have seen an angel - then the question is, how do you know it was an angel?
Do we have an existing and true knowledge base that tells us what does an angel look like, so that we can use that Pre-existing knowledge to know whether it was an angel or not?

For example, there is a four legged animal and I ask you if this is a cow?
You can probably tell immediately, “yes or no”, because we already have an established knowledge base on what does a cow look like, and what are it’s characteristics - we don’t have any such thing about angels.
I assume it comes down to the gut feeling you have when something like this is going on, after all, an angel could manifest into literally anything it wanted, the bible has plenty of times when angels disguise themselves as regular human men, other times, talking animals, and possibly even 25ft tall giants! (as far as anyone knows, the giants could have just been angels manifesting into that form...for some purpose).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2019, 01:06 PM
 
10,569 posts, read 2,696,917 times
Reputation: 7163
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Twice, as a kid, I saw things I don't have an explanation for.

At about four years of age I sat playing with my three year old brother on the living room floor. The house I grew up in was in the middle of a rural farming area in Minnesota. It's really small and old, built in the late 1890s. Somewhere along the way someone decided to bump out a window and it created a small space about 2 feet by 5 feet wide. Later my parents built in a toy box with a seat on top but at the time there was nothing there. I saw a white dog/wolf walk in from one side of the extended wall and out through the other. It never looked over or anything like that. It was just walking and it seemed to be unaware there was a wall, a house, or people where he was walking. I looked over at my brother and he hadn't noticed it. My mind made up an explanation that the dog was walking in a group with other dogs and people at a different time when the house wasn't there. I didn't know if it was in the past or the future.

The second time I would have been about eight. That important because I have extremely myopic(shut up Jimmie) and I didn't get glasses until nine so it's hard to tell the details of what I saw because is all I can see without my glasses are blurs. By this time my mom had put there fear of demons in me. They were everywhere and they were highly interested in me because we had The Truth. I don't know how I woke up but I remember seeing three green orbs floating inside my room and the far end. They were near a window and were moving like someone carry a flashlight through the woods in the dark. I didn't sense evil or anything but I became terrified. I hid under the covers for I don't know how long, I may have dozed off. I was drenched in sweat when I finally decided to throw back the covers and make a run for the downstairs. When I did that it stood up and it felt like someone threw ice water on me. I stood in shock for a second then ran out and slept the rest on the night on the couch. I didn't see anything in the room when I was running out. Never saw those lights again.
When you say you felt like it threw ice water on you, was it just a mental feeling or were you actually drenched physically with water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top