U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 03:30 PM

40,076 posts, read 26,744,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
And spend eternity with like-minded jimmiej's
This provokes a concern I have had based on the Zoroastrian conception. In their view, in the next stage, we end up with like-minded consciousnesses based on resonance. This implies that our ultimate state of mind WOULD determine what our fate becomes, suggesting that if you actually believe in a Hell, there will be one, etc. This is what concerns me about the views expressed by jimmie et al. They may conceivably be establishing their own end state reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 03:39 PM

25,824 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This provokes a concern I have had based on the Zoroastrian conception. In their view, in the next stage, we end up with like-minded consciousnesses based on resonance. This implies that our ultimate state of mind WOULD determine what our fate becomes, suggesting that if you actually believe in a Hell, there will be one, etc. This is what concerns me about the views expressed by jimmie et al. They may conceivably be establishing their own end state reality.
Yeah. I've long played with the idea that we spend eternity inside our last thought.

Old 07-08-2019, 03:59 PM
Status: "Living rent-free in Mr. Wadeís head" (set 1 hour ago)

16,360 posts, read 8,900,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I vote no.

accept what people say Christ represents? ... I am ok with that.

are you sure youre really a theist?
You donít get a vote on what I say to the OP. He or she can read the link if they choose.

Old 07-08-2019, 04:30 PM

25,824 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You donít get a vote on what I say to the OP. He or she can read the link if they choose.
Think good thoughts, jimmiej.

Old 07-08-2019, 04:42 PM

10,538 posts, read 15,605,797 times
And spend eternity with like minded jimmiej's

what else ya going to do for the first million years?

Well, they will have a new world eventually created for them, where they will live for eternity without sin and in total happiness. It's another lay minds Utopia.

Last edited by ukrkoz; 07-08-2019 at 04:52 PM..

Old 07-08-2019, 04:46 PM

10,538 posts, read 15,605,797 times
http://www.oshoworld.com/newsletter/...of%20dying.pdf

this is a good question, OP.

I have simple solution for you. not mine, but it is very easy to follow.

You live your life moment by moment, guided by your voice of conscience.

It's that simple. You will be surprised, same time, how HARD it is. But that's the only way.

There's also this:
https://www.adventurewomen.com/blog/...0-rules-human/

Old 07-08-2019, 06:52 PM

11,250 posts, read 11,267,699 times
Quote:

Jimmie, I've already proven beyond a shadow of doubt we do not know a single word Jesus said while he was on earth. Everything in the gospels was invented by the Greek anonymous writers who invented the gospels based on earlier dying rising gods and then invented all of Jesus' dialogue. They had to. They didn't have a single written word of anybody before them nor did they have any witnesses who heard Jesus talk. And how could these witnesses recall 80 years later what Jesus said in such detail in any case?

As for the OP, knowing this he can prepare for his death comfortably by just accepting that it can be proven with absolute certainty like I just did that Jesus never said a single word about hell that we know of. He has nothing to fear by not accepting Jesus and ruining what little time he has left on this earth by chaining himself to a myth.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Status: "Living rent-free in Mr. Wadeís head" (set 1 hour ago)

16,360 posts, read 8,900,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Jimmie, I've already proven beyond a shadow of doubt we do not know a single word Jesus said while he was on earth. Everything in the gospels was invented by the Greek anonymous writers who invented the gospels based on earlier dying rising gods and then invented all of Jesus' dialogue. They had to. They didn't have a single written word of anybody before them nor did they have any witnesses who heard Jesus talk. And how could these witnesses recall 80 years later what Jesus said in such detail in any case?

As for the OP, knowing this he can prepare for his death comfortably by just accepting that it can be proven with absolute certainty like I just did that Jesus never said a single word about hell that we know of. He has nothing to fear by not accepting Jesus and ruining what little time he has left on this earth by chaining himself to a myth.
If the OP likes what you have to say, fine. I offered my opinion. I hope the poster will read and consider the link I provided.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:42 PM

11,250 posts, read 11,267,699 times
Quote:
If the OP likes what you have to say, fine. I offered my opinion. I hope the poster will read and consider the link I provided.

From a practical point of view, you could just as easily have given him a link to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and advised him to accept Harry Potter, since we only have JK Rowlands' version of what the real Harry Potter said. I don't think any sensible person would see the difference between Mark's version of the Jesus story and Rowlands'.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:43 AM

5,075 posts, read 942,908 times
Quote:
Clearly Arach was talking about himself voting no, not Dreamer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality