U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 07:00 PM

39 posts, read 9,327 times

Advertisements

How can I prepare for death? I believe in the afterlife. Near death experiences and reincarnation cases point to an afterlife. I read about reincarnation rituals where they mark the body with some paste in some cases and the person is reborn with a marking in that same spot. I just want to know what I need to do before I die because I'm not sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 05:48 AM

3,656 posts, read 1,136,730 times
If you believe there’s an afterlife then why are you so concerned? Just die.

It only takes seconds to die unless you get your head severely damaged.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:02 AM

25,812 posts, read 13,417,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2019 View Post
How can I prepare for death? I believe in the afterlife. Near death experiences and reincarnation cases point to an afterlife. I read about reincarnation rituals where they mark the body with some paste in some cases and the person is reborn with a marking in that same spot. I just want to know what I need to do before I die because I'm not sure.
Live well.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:05 AM

13,493 posts, read 4,996,362 times
Quote:
the don't worry about it. just live and try and do for others more than yourself. with in reason that is.

thats the best we can do.

our luck, they are going to crack the death code just after we die. but I 3/4-ers think we will be the lucky ones.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:18 AM

4,417 posts, read 1,644,854 times
Quote:
Your wealth, your belongings, your designation, your family, *NOTHING* goes with you.

The only thing that does go with you is your good and bad actions/deeds.

IMO,
Try to make the best of your given time by living a peaceful and morally cautious life where you try to do good to others and avoid being harmful to others.

That’s the best preparation of death.

If there is an afterlife then there is no coming back here - otherwise, we would have billions of people by now who would tell us about their first hand experience of seeing what’s after death. There is none! No one comes back.

All this rebirth with a marking is BS. IMO.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:28 AM

if i were them ... I would use.

there might be six times that amount of "matter" on us right now and we don't feel it at all.

whats that mean? the earth is 6-times bigger. And we don't know it and nobody has ever known it.

the data suggest its there.
and its not a lot of data either.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:51 AM

1,843 posts, read 1,098,337 times
...if one is so inclined...

..."The Tibetan Book of the Dead", aka(Bardo Thotol). is a very interesting read, more about the process of dying then the end result, kinda dry, tough to get through but i found it helpful...

...there's another good book which breaks down the Bardo Tholol, much lighter, easier read, "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying", by Sogyal Rinpoche...i suggest one starts with this before tackling the Bardo Thotol...

...again, if one is so inclined...

Old 07-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Status: "Living rent-free in Mr. Wade’s head" (set 2 days ago)

16,352 posts, read 8,898,341 times
Quote:
Accept Christ now!

https://www.gotquestions.org/plan-of-salvation.html

Old 07-08-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I vote no.

accept what people say Christ represents? ... I am ok with that.

are you sure youre really a theist?

Old 07-08-2019, 02:54 PM

3,656 posts, read 1,136,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Accept Christ now!
And spend eternity with like minded jimmiej's

You may even get to have some hanky pankey with him. I hear that goes on in heaven.
Do you think sex happens in heaven?

what else ya going to do for the first million years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality