U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
 
4 posts, read 307 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Wenzhong, Beijing

August 11, 2012

On the night of July 21, 2012, we had a huge flood here, which seldom happens. I would like to tell everyone who thirsts for God what I actually experienced and saw then.

On the day my husband and I took care of the fodder yard for my sister. In the night heavy rain kept on pouring down, and we went to sleep very early. At 3:45 a.m. my brother-in-law called saying: “They’re going to open the reservoir! Everything is going to be flooded! We have to get up fast!” On hearing this I was shocked, and all I knew to cry out to God in my heart was the words, “Oh God! Oh God!” I only knew I had to protect the electric scooter, and the MP5 player and TF card used for listening to hymns and sermons. In great anxiety I went to the store room to push the electric scooter out, and I drove off wanting to go home to check on my books of the words of God and also as I was worried about my mother-in-law and my children. I drove up to the highway, but because I couldn’t see in the heavy rain I hit a piece of asphalt that had been washed down in the torrent, and the scooter and I rolled into the waters. In my heart I was praying, “Oh God, it is Your righteousness, if I am washed away today. Spare me, and I will do my duty in earnest from now on!” At this point one of my shoes had been washed away, so I decided to take highway. But when I went ahead and looked, I was stunned; it turned out that the side of the road was fenced off, and I couldn’t get through. I stumbled into the waters again and my other shoe was washed away. The waters had risen now up to my thighs, and I had no choice but to go back for the third time, all the time praying in my heart. At this moment a family of three emerged from one of the other pig farms, and I gave thanks to God from my heart. I joined them and was preparing to take the highway again, when my husband turned up. He used a drill shank to open up a hole in the wire mesh and I was first to leap through barefoot and got up onto the highway. To the south was a bend in the river flowing north, and to the north the main road was streaming with water running south, so we were caught in the middle with our only choice being to take the highway.

When I got up onto the highway and looked down, my legs went weak. Not far from where we stay is a steel plant; a track two meters or more wide separates our place from the wall surrounding the factory. The waters inside the wall were over a meter deep, and even the houses with the coloured steel tiling in the factory were afloat. Now I prayed again: “Oh God, I thank You for saving me. It is because of my greed for wealth that I do not listen to the words of God, and act stiff-necked. I have erred!” If the water had burst out on the north side, it would have washed us away some time after two o’clock in the morning. It had, however, burst out from the foot of the wall on the south side, and submerged the pig farms below. This time I had truly seen God’s almightiness; for those who believe in Him even disasters will step aside.

We stayed in the tunnel on the highway for nearly three hours before coming off it and going home. When I got home and opened my food bag, miraculously neither the MP5 player nor the TF card was wet. When my electric scooter fell into the waters they went in too; the scooter charger had been wetted, and other things as well. Only my MP5 player and TF card were undamaged. I had witnessed God’s miraculous deeds.

When I returned to the fodder yard, what I saw amazed me. The fodder yard’s compound was only filled with the rain that had fallen overnight; not much water had gotten into it. There was water in the patch of corn in the front, and it was deep in the patch at the back, but there wasn’t much on the fodder ground: God had preserved it.

Through this flood, my heart has grown much calmer, and I know now what is most important. People often say that money is everything, but when disaster strikes, money won’t save me; God is my real Master. I will no longer pursue money, and I will give up the fodder yard and throw myself into evangelical work. I went out that day to preach the gospel to my aunt, my mother and sister-in-law. They listened to my experience and accepted it. In the past my mother and sister-in-law had persecuted me for believing in God; I had preached to them for four years, but they would not believe. At this moment I saw more clearly God’s almightiness. My husband persecuted me before, but now he has stopped, and I am preaching the gospel to him. In the past I couldn’t open my mouth to preach, I didn’t dare speak. Through this experience I will no longer shrink away; I am willing to spare no efforts to take my experience and bear witness. Since I saw and experienced God’s salvation and His most true and real love in the trial of disaster, how can I not bear witness for Him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,454 posts, read 10,395,261 times
Reputation: 20311
1. I'd like some evidence that there was a flood there on that date. I find no record of that. Anyone else?

2. Thank god for saving an MP5 player and a TF card. I wonder if he bothered saving all life in the weather cause by him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM
 
39,035 posts, read 10,825,389 times
Reputation: 5082
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. I'd like some evidence that there was a flood there on that date. I find no record of that. Anyone else?
Seems to be true

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-18942984

Quote:
2. Thank god for saving an MP5 player and a TF card. I wonder if he bothered saving all life in the weather cause by him.
Yes. for some reason we never hear the testimony of those who prayed and died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,454 posts, read 10,395,261 times
Reputation: 20311
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Seems to be true

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-18942984



Yes. for some reason we never hear the testimony of those who prayed and died.
You're correct. I had looked at the August date.

And since 37 people (and countless animals) did die, should we thank god for their deaths? Or only for saving some electronics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
 
11,235 posts, read 11,256,867 times
Reputation: 3445
Thinking theistically carries so much baggage, doesn't it? Why is God causing this catastrophe? If I pray for protection will he save me? Will he save my loved ones? Will he keep my house from washing away? Will he saved me but kill my loved ones? Will he kill me but save my loved ones?????

Jeez! Too much damn drama. Deism is so simple. A storm is blowing in. The laws of nature set up by supreme person(s) unknown will govern it. God won't intervene or answer prayers so don't bother to pray, just try to save your butt and those of your loved ones and let happen whatever will happen. So much simpler, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,365 posts, read 12,119,741 times
Reputation: 16603
So sorry you picked this place to share your story.
Not the right audience, m'dear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,454 posts, read 10,395,261 times
Reputation: 20311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So sorry you picked this place to share your story.
Not the right audience, m'dear.
I don't think it's a problem. She has posted the exact same thing all over the web.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
 
10,526 posts, read 12,733,337 times
Reputation: 3864
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
[paraphrase: bad things happen, therefore there is no God.]
That makes a lot of sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:04 AM
 
11,235 posts, read 11,256,867 times
Reputation: 3445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So sorry you picked this place to share your story.
Not the right audience, m'dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't think it's a problem. She has posted the exact same thing all over the web.



Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That makes a lot of sense.

This makes more sense: LINA is a hit and run poster. Her reputation: 12. She only registered to post this crazy story and we'll never hear from her again. She's another one of these fanatical Christian nutjobs out to convert the world with her testimony. I wish her God-speed and a quick exit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:45 AM
 
39,035 posts, read 10,825,389 times
Reputation: 5082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So sorry you picked this place to share your story.
Not the right audience, m'dear.
Yes, this is one for Christianity Forum. These days, preaching to the already Converted is the only way the OP can expect unquestioning acceptance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That makes a lot of sense.
Only in the twisted thinking of the theist. The correct version of this strawman is 'Bad things happen, so the claims for an intervening god don't stack up. Therefore we still have no valid reason to believe in a god'.

That is not only sense, but is logically mandated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Thinking theistically carries so much baggage, doesn't it? Why is God causing this catastrophe? If I pray for protection will he save me? Will he save my loved ones? Will he keep my house from washing away? Will he saved me but kill my loved ones? Will he kill me but save my loved ones?????

Jeez! Too much damn drama. Deism is so simple. A storm is blowing in. The laws of nature set up by supreme person(s) unknown will govern it. God won't intervene or answer prayers so don't bother to pray, just try to save your butt and those of your loved ones and let happen whatever will happen. So much simpler, isn't it?
One image that stuck in my mind (Atheistic UK News probably picked it deliberately )was after a hurricane through the Bible belt, a gaggle of people were standing in the total ruins of their house (not even the prayer-room standing)holding hands, tears streaming down their faces and praising God. I could understand just why they were doing it, and i sympathised. But ...total delusion.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; Today at 02:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top