Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 10:32 AM

115 posts, read 61,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
what you are describing does not add up. sorry. if he did not want to marry you (i see on other posts you are a female) what makes you think he would want to have kids with you? and for a woman to want to have kids with someone who is not even committed enough to the relationship to get married seems like putting yourself and your kids in a very difficult dubious vulnerable position physically, emotionally, and financially.

a lot of guys don't want to commit. if you want marriage and children and the stability of raising a family together with a husband, then it sounds like a different man would suit you better. that holds true for a woman whether she is religious or not.

You think I didn't give chances to other men, men from my own faith? I did, and it never worked out. In certain cases, I couldn't envision myself with some of them and in other cases I got rejected.

I don't think I can blame him for not wanting to commit since he went through betrayal in his previous marriage. We were both sensible enough to acknowledge that being together was going to be fraught with difficulties since we came from different religion, race and culture. I had hoped for him to convert and he expected me to be less religious. So I ended it and let's suppose it was the right thing to do, due to his lack of commitment, why do I feel so lost? Why has this made me lose faith in God, in religion and in the logic behind it all.

I guess, my confusion is that if me falling in love with that person was a 'test', from the optics of it I made the right choice, but from the perspective of faith, I have failed and what did God get out of it? No more faith in Him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality