U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 03:28 PM

20,171 posts, read 14,378,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
Thousands of stories and so many similar experiences.
Not relevant.

Ever heard the term "copycat crime?"

Well, it's like that, only different. Once a person has been exposed to any concept of an after-life, they are tainted.

If you were familiar with the Scientific Method, you'd know that.

You'd also know that in psychological and sociological experiments, once the subject becomes aware of the experiment, the subject is tainted.

Also, you debunk your own claim by admitting the experiences are dissimilar.

If there really was an after-life, then everyone would have the exact same identical experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 03:57 PM

13,199 posts, read 13,772,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Not relevant.
Ever heard the term "copycat crime?"
Well, it's like that, only different. Once a person has been exposed to any concept of an after-life, they are tainted.
If you were familiar with the Scientific Method, you'd know that.
You'd also know that in psychological and sociological experiments, once the subject becomes aware of the experiment, the subject is tainted.
Also, you debunk your own claim by admitting the experiences are dissimilar.
If there really was an after-life, then everyone would have the exact same identical experience.
"If there really was a Los Angeles, then everyone would have the exact same identical experience."
"If there really was a Grand Canyon, then everyone would have the exact same identical experience."
"If there really was a job or career, then everyone would have the exact same identical experience."

Hoping you can see why your statement in bold above is problematic, due to flawed logic.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-14-2019 at 04:37 PM..

Old 08-14-2019, 05:27 PM

131 posts, read 15,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Huh.. We'd have the exact same identical experience cause gosh we all have the exact same identical life right?

Old 08-14-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
If we really want to know what happens when we die, without dying ourselves, maybe we should listen to those who actually have died? Its hard to buy into and easy to shrug off until you actually look deep at the evidence. These are nothing new. But more common as medicine has become better at reviving people who are not breathing, have no heart rate and no brain function. (clinically dead) ?

Not everyone who becomes clinically dead has an NDE.

Thousands of stories and so many similar experiences. Even if you live in a totally materialistic view, there is much that cannot be explained. If the NDE experiences are correct, than it really makes little difference if you are of any faith or atheist or agnostic or angrily denying anything about the afterlife.

You are still moving on as a spiritual being. And good times ahead.

Agree! Those people have come closer than most that are kicking around ideas about what happens, including me.

http://www.nderf.org great resource for NDEs

Old 08-14-2019, 09:49 PM

430 posts, read 199,726 times
Skeptics are necessary. In science any claim or discovery in mercilessly dissected for flaws and repeatability by colleagues.

That is the way it should be. NDE's and the afterlife, mediums and spirits are very easy to disparage until one actually learns just a little about the research. The more one learns, the more difficult it becomes to deny. And for some of us, the more curious we become.

No amount of links or arguments on a message board will change someone's mind or position. And would it matter? Not really, there is no requirement as to any specific belief or non belief.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:57 AM

5,793 posts, read 2,922,032 times
Quote:
If we really want to know what happens when we die, without dying ourselves, maybe we should listen to those who actually have died?
That's well and good but the problem is that we have no one who has actually died. If they are telling us what happened to them when they died, it means they are still alive - they had near death experiences, not actual death experiences. I have a vested interest in what happens when we die. I had some curious experiences after my son died.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That's well and good but the problem is that we have no one who has actually died. If they are telling us what happened to them when they died, it means they are still alive - they had near death experiences, not actual death experiences. I have a vested interest in what happens when we die. I had some curious experiences after my son died.

My brother died when he was 20, before most of us had the internet or anything but I became interested in NDEs as well, largely because of him. To me if the people hadn't been resuscitated or otherwise recovered they would of stayed dead. The fact that they were able to come back and tell us what happened is to our benefit. So the term near death experience is good. It is as close as we can get. Believing them or not is up to the individual.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:38 AM

15,861 posts, read 12,362,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

I had a look back past hd4me's 'candleflame' analogy of life and death. I thought it had tempted Mystic into a peddling of his hypothesis through his debunked candleflame analogy, but looking back i can see he's been peddling his Beliefs for pages with his habitual arrogance, tossing in references to the Higgs -Boson to make it sound sciencey and really just hi-jacking the thread to peddle his Hypothesis. Yet again.
That darn Mystic!!

Old 08-15-2019, 07:46 AM

15,861 posts, read 12,362,109 times
Coffeemoments...and this has to do with the topic because it's about the astral: So my cat disappeared...on the 3rd day at 3am, my eyes open with the TV left on and my cat is one the bed...
next minute I go- -Huh? And the cat's not there.
7 days later someone has him. I ask if he 'had a dirty spot on his head when you found him',
(cuz that's what he had on my bed). She said, Yes.
He visited me on the astral with the grease spot from a car on his head they washed off.
I don't find any of this 'mysterious'.
See? Still on topic!!!

Old 08-15-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Coffeemoments...and this has to do with the topic because it's about the astral: So my cat disappeared...on the 3rd day at 3am, my eyes open with the TV left on and my cat is one the bed...
next minute I go- -Huh? And the cat's not there.
7 days later someone has him. I ask if he 'had a dirty spot on his head when you found him',
(cuz that's what he had on my bed). She said, Yes.
He visited me on the astral with the grease spot from a car on his head they washed off.
I don't find any of this 'mysterious'.
See? Still on topic!!!

That is awesome!! Wow! Thank you for sharing that. I totally believe you. And I'm glad you found your cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or