U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2019, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Georgia
54 posts, read 25,042 times
Reputation: 33

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Claims and assertions, without evidence. The coma example is a claim of causation without any proof that the causation you propose is valid.

Why should I accept your claims?
The coma example is very much valid evidence......

Ones body simply is not fully operational without the conscious coming to. It needs the help of machines to keep it from dying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2019, 12:02 AM
 
40,441 posts, read 26,967,576 times
Reputation: 6082
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
These are claims and assertions. There is no evidence here. Why should I accept your assertions?
You shouldn't unless you think it is a better or more plausible scenario than reincarnation. It was only offered as an alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 01:18 AM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
5,771 posts, read 2,914,508 times
Reputation: 2907
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
It's always been crystal clear to me what "death" is. I will try to explain the best I can.

We live in a physical universe, so it is natural to age and "die".

Our conscious however is not physical. It does however manifest itself in a physical body which we operate.

We are "constantly alive" for an average of 70-100 years.

What I mean by "constantly alive" is when you sleep, your body is temporarily shut down, but your body is constantly alive because of the conscious that resides in it, meaning your eyes are permanently open and have been permanently open since birth.

When you die, your eyes permanently close because your conscious no longer resides in the body.

Your conscious is the key to your eyes opening and closing.

When you "die" every single one of your memories are gone, because they resided in your brain and memories are of the physical realm which are still remembered by those who are living, but your conscious is still present, it just doesn't reside in a body any longer.

The conscious is essential to the body. The body can't be fully utilized if the conscious is not in sync with the body.

Take people in comas for instance. Their bodies are stationary, being kept alive by machines. But when they regain conscious, their bodies are fully operational without the use of machines, because their conscious has regained full control.

When we are born again and we open our eyes for the first time, we are again "constantly alive".

Our conscious has taken residence in another body with a brand new brain to cherish new memories and experience.

Rinse and repeat.
How do you know all this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,755 posts, read 55,112,897 times
Reputation: 67504
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Then why human population grows if it’s a “rinse and repeat” process?
Where and how do the additional or new souls/consciousnesses come from?
The dead outnumber the living, so technically, as the population grows, it could be that the recycling happens faster.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:56 AM
 
Location: Georgia
54 posts, read 25,042 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
How do you know all this?
It's the most logical explanation and one that makes the most sense when you put all of the pieces together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 07:03 AM
 
487 posts, read 101,207 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
The physical realm is scientifically proven to be limited no matter how vast it is, but why does one believe the non-physical realm is limited as well?
The non-physical realm is limited only by your imagination... as evidenced by this thread.

Unfortunately, your imagination (or mine) does not equate to "exactly what happens."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Georgia
54 posts, read 25,042 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
The non-physical realm is limited only by your imagination... as evidenced by this thread.

Unfortunately, your imagination (or mine) does not equate to "exactly what happens."
We live in a physical realm, therefore cannot grasp something being unlimited as physicality has a beginning and an end.

But if what scientists are saying about parallel universes indeed existing is valid, it all begins to make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Western Washington
9,127 posts, read 8,529,932 times
Reputation: 15817
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
It's the most logical explanation and one that makes the most sense when you put all of the pieces together.
Really? It is logical to ignore the physical world that we can investigate in favor of creating a non-physical reality which is integral to our existence, yet cannot be proven or investigated?

ooookkkkaayyy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,779 posts, read 12,333,027 times
Reputation: 16825
I have a hard time following you, blue777...only because I speak in different terms...I mean ..I say consciousness...then,
the unconscious mind...the super consciousness, also conscience...rather than the one word 'conscious'.
Not saying it is impossible, ha...it's just a different gear, a diff way I have heard anyone use the word 'conscious'.

I did raise an eyebrow when you said, when die we do not retain our memories. I'm paraphrasing...
I would disagree on that one.
And ask you why you would say that?
If you say logic...ya know what, I am known
for not respecting logic all the time...oh my, I would say after reading hundreds of NDEs,

reading many many messages from the Other Side, and also many hypnosis sessions-- having my own personal exps with those on the Other Side, you certainly do retain your memories, oh my.

And many more come back to you!

You're greeting friends not from your this life (that you left this time around)....but from other lives...
they just did not incarnate around you this last time.
Take care...interesting topic. I would not have brought it up here, LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 07:50 AM
 
Location: No. Virginia, USA
329 posts, read 479,165 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
It's always been crystal clear to me what "death" is. I will try to explain the best I can.

We live in a physical universe, so it is natural to age and "die".

Our conscious however is not physical. It does however manifest itself in a physical body which we operate.

We are "constantly alive" for an average of 70-100 years.

What I mean by "constantly alive" is when you sleep, your body is temporarily shut down, but your body is constantly alive because of the conscious that resides in it, meaning your eyes are permanently open and have been permanently open since birth.

When you die, your eyes permanently close because your conscious no longer resides in the body.

Your conscious is the key to your eyes opening and closing.

When you "die" every single one of your memories are gone, because they resided in your brain and memories are of the physical realm which are still remembered by those who are living, but your conscious is still present, it just doesn't reside in a body any longer.

The conscious is essential to the body. The body can't be fully utilized if the conscious is not in sync with the body.

Take people in comas for instance. Their bodies are stationary, being kept alive by machines. But when they regain conscious, their bodies are fully operational without the use of machines, because their conscious has regained full control.

When we are born again and we open our eyes for the first time, we are again "constantly alive".

Our conscious has taken residence in another body with a brand new brain to cherish new memories and experience.

Rinse and repeat.
How do you know this? Are you arriving at it through "logic?," just making it up, or are there scientific studies showing this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top