U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2019, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Georgia
54 posts, read 25,042 times
Reputation: 33

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I have a hard time following you, blue777...only because I speak in different terms...I mean ..I say consciousness...then,
the unconscious mind...the super consciousness, also conscience...rather than the one word 'conscious'.
Not saying it is impossible, ha...it's just a different gear, a diff way I have heard anyone use the word 'conscious'.

I did raise an eyebrow when you said, when die we do not retain our memories. I'm paraphrasing...
I would disagree on that one.
And ask you why you would say that?
If you say logic...ya know what, I am known
for not respecting logic all the time...oh my, I would say after reading hundreds of NDEs,

reading many many messages from the Other Side, and also many hypnosis sessions-- having my own personal exps with those on the Other Side, you certainly do retain your memories, oh my.

And many more come back to you!

You're greeting friends not from your this life (that you left this time around)....but from other lives...
they just did not incarnate around you this last time.
Take care...interesting topic. I would not have brought it up here, LOL
We don't retain any memories at all. Do you have any memories at all of previous lives? I would wager the only memories you have is of the life you are living right now.

The only reason you would believe you retain memories after death (NDE's) are because people who have experienced NDE's aren't exactly dead. They may be clinically dead, but if they were truly dead, they would not regain consciousness in the body they supposedly died in to tell you about death. Death is when you never regain consciousness of the body you resided in.

Memories reside in the brain which no longer exist when the conscious leaves your body. Memories are recollections of the physical realm that are cherished and remembered by those that are still living.

Here's an example: You are attending someones open casket funeral. People around you are crying and reminiscing of the times spent with said deceased individual.

You look at the deceased individual and the individual shows no emotion whatsoever while everyone around is the exact opposite.

Everyone is acting that way because everyone is alive in the physical realm reminiscing the physical realm memories.

Deceased individual is no longer in the physical realm, thus shows no emotion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Georgia
54 posts, read 25,042 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasva69 View Post
How do you know this? Are you arriving at it through "logic?," just making it up, or are there scientific studies showing this?
Have you not been reading the posts in this thread?

Scientists have found evidence of parallel universes existing.

It is scientifically proven that people in comas cannot survive without the aid of machines, which is why machines (life support) are always used to keep the body alive until the conscious regains control of the body.

All of the studies are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:03 AM
 
22,182 posts, read 16,867,030 times
Reputation: 8921
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
Answered your first question in a previous post.

Yes, every single living thing on earth has a conscious. From the smallest ant to the largest blue whale.

Humans are not the center of the universe. Every single form of life on this planet is just as important as we are.
If a person (someone you didn't know) and an ant were both in danger of being killed and you could only save one of them, would you save the person or the ant?

Ever kill an insect in your home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:18 AM
 
4,450 posts, read 1,678,817 times
Reputation: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
The physical realm is scientifically proven to be limited no matter how vast it is, but why does one believe the non-physical realm is limited as well?

the non-physical realm most likely has an unlimited number of consciousness ready to manifest itself. It's just hard to grasp because we live in a physical realm and look at everything from a limited point of view since everything is physical.

Just imagine how many living beings/mammals once lived on this planet countless centuries ago that have since died.
No, this is not my concern or my question.

What perhaps you are telling is, that our souls reside in different bodies after we die. So, now your soul is in a human body, but after you die, it could move into a new born pig, or a dog, or another human, or a bird, or a palm tree or poison ivy etc.

Not sure how do you fit the "rinse and repeat" process into this scenario? Your soul is simply moving from one physical body (of a human, animal or plant) to another physical body. Is that what you call "rinse and repeat"?

We know for sure that human population is increasing - so the question was, where are the new souls for new humans come from IF its a RINSE AND REPEAT process? What you are saying is that those new souls come from other dead humans, animals and plants - OR - some boxes are opened and brand new souls (that are already clean and don't need a rinse) are put into new humans till they get dirty and need rinse again. When does it end if physical bodies are limited?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:21 AM
 
487 posts, read 101,207 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
Have you not been reading the posts in this thread?

Scientists have found evidence of parallel universes existing.
Interesting concept, maybe a few hints to pursue, but a looooong ways from "evidence." I will link a critical analysis that discusses some of the challenges in studying this possibility and interpreting data. Here is the last line, which would apply to MANY of the claims made in this and other threads:

".... might be real, but if you want to make that extraordinary claim, you'd better make sure your evidence is equally extraordinary."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startsw.../#29158c872fbe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:37 AM
 
5,415 posts, read 3,387,300 times
Reputation: 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
Our conscious has taken residence in another body with a brand new brain to cherish new memories and experience.

Rinse and repeat.
So in the future when we are able to transfer our memories/conscience to a humanoid (human-like robot) and could in theory live "forever" without any physical ailments (no cancer, no getting old, no breaking bones, no illnesses, etc.) as long as someone is there is recharge our batteries every so often, does that break the loop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:38 AM
 
236 posts, read 407,199 times
Reputation: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
Have you not been reading the posts in this thread?

Scientists have found evidence of parallel universes existing.

It is scientifically proven that people in comas cannot survive without the aid of machines, which is why machines (life support) are always used to keep the body alive until the conscious regains control of the body.

All of the studies are there.
Have you not read that people in coma's wake up and remember things? There is a brain and a heart that is right behind our physical ones. When God puts you to sleep, believe me, I will bet everything I own on this statement, you will remember everything God did and said to you when you wake up. The same after death. God has mercifully given us two bodies. A spiritual body and a physical body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
23,134 posts, read 10,623,910 times
Reputation: 20678
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
Have you not read that people in coma's wake up and remember things? There is a brain and a heart that is right behind our physical ones. When God puts you to sleep, believe me, I will bet everything I own on this statement, you will remember everything God did and said to you when you wake up. The same after death. God has mercifully given us two bodies. A spiritual body and a physical body.
How do you people dream this stuff up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Georgia
54 posts, read 25,042 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If a person (someone you didn't know) and an ant were both in danger of being killed and you could only save one of them, would you save the person or the ant?
Again......... Every single form of life on this planet is just as important as we are and has just as much right to be here as us humanoids, as every single form of life has a conscious.

To answer your question, I would without a doubt save the humans life . Said individual may be a piece of crap, a rapist, a murderer, or may be a kind and gentle soul that does good deeds that has family that cares for said individual. I wouldn't know. Even if I knew before hand what kind of person said individual was, it would not make difference in my decision to save him/her. I am not the supreme authority of this realm. It is not my place to judge an individual or their past.

Now as to why I decided to save said individual...... At the end of the day, I am human. If said individual is in danger, I'm assuming he/she is screaming at the top of their lungs for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:49 AM
 
22,182 posts, read 16,867,030 times
Reputation: 8921
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
Again......... [I]Every[/i] single form of life on this planet is just as important as we are and has just as much right to be here as us humanoids, as every single form of life has a conscious.

To answer your question, I would without a doubt save the humans life . Said individual may be a piece of crap, a rapist, a murderer, or may be a kind and gentle soul that does good deeds that has family that cares for said individual. I wouldn't know. Even if I knew before hand what kind of person said individual was, it would not make difference in my decision to save him/her. I am not the supreme authority of this realm. It is not my place to judge an individual or their past.

Now as to why I decided to save said individual...... At the end of the day, I am human. If said individual is in danger, I'm assuming he/she is screaming at the top of their lungs for help.
Not really. I am worth more than a gnat. Now you may not be, but I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top