U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2019, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
5,771 posts, read 2,914,508 times
Reputation: 2907

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Who says? Well, how about Jesus?

Matthew 10:31"So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

From a sparrows perspective, the sparrow is more valuable than many humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2019, 11:40 AM
 
4,450 posts, read 1,678,817 times
Reputation: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
This is very easy to answer. The conscious takes residence in any and every single form of life on this planet. This is evident because every single form of life on earth has a conscious. Pigs, dogs, humans, birds, trees and poison ivy..

Yes, the human population is increasing every day, but just because your conscious resides in a humanoid body, what makes you think your conscious will reside in a humanoid body the next go round? Perhaps you think this way because at this very moment, you are a human?

This earth is billions of years old, yes? How many life forms have went extinct over these billions of years?

Far more life has been lost than what is being manifest in physical entities.

Plenty of conscious is waiting to manifest into physical entities.
And where did the "rinse and repeat" thing go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Florida
19,971 posts, read 20,075,563 times
Reputation: 23475
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post

Scientists have found evidence of parallel universes existing.
.
I've been waiting for confirmation of this.
I must have missed it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 12:57 PM
 
486 posts, read 98,816 times
Reputation: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That’s not exactly accurate...
You're being far too charitable. Both of those statements were complete and utter nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,779 posts, read 12,333,027 times
Reputation: 16825
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
We don't retain any memories at all. Do you have any memories at all of previous lives? I would wager the only memories you have is of the life you are living right now.
The only reason you would believe you retain memories after death (NDE's) are because people who have experienced NDE's aren't exactly dead. They may be clinically dead, but if they were truly dead, they would not regain consciousness in the body they supposedly died in to tell you about death. Death is when you never regain consciousness of the body you resided in.
Memories reside in the brain which no longer exist when the conscious leaves your body. Memories are recollections of the physical realm that are cherished and remembered by those that are still living.
Here's an example: You are attending someones open casket funeral. People around you are crying and reminiscing of the times spent with said deceased individual.
You look at the deceased individual and the individual shows no emotion
whatsoever while everyone around is the exact opposite.
Everyone is acting that way because everyone is alive in the physical realm reminiscing the physical realm memories.
Deceased individual is no longer in the physical realm, thus shows no emotion.
Well, first... I want you to know I'm fine with whatever you believe...I'm not needing to change you..ok?
I get you are coming from your own thoughts...fine with me...but...

But, I am not your average bear...I'm one of those weirdos that actually do know
parts of 4 lifetimes as clear as if the movie screen were behind my forehead...which is where they
were suddenly revealed to me !! (not all at once, Ha!) First one in 1976....to my shock!!!!
(Ha, with no drugs, meat, eggs, sex, tobacco, liquor for decades, living a meditative life style for many years and after, so...)
All were very mundane lives, a couple ones I am not proud of...but I saw some past relationships with others present now...and wow.

Plus, just before I came here...in that 'in between' place before you come here again..I was suddenly privy one afternoon outta NOwhere (!) of the conversation between me and a close, close, close friend/soul that said, "I'm going to be your father and you will be my daughter and I will treat you as you have treated women, so you will stop once and for ALL!"
I agreed to it. And wow.
(I had prayed, begged for decades, gone to therapy to try to forgive my horrible father, cuz it was effecting my relationships.)
Took long enough...but, my prayers were answered in a big way...my 'enemy' turned out to be one of the closest friends to me.

I have contact with 2 relatives on the Other Side...so let's forget any friends with NDEs ...and deal with
other experiences.

You mention funerals. Gosh, my buddy Brad at his dad's Wake and later funeral, asked his nephew, 28,
what was wrong with him, "Nothin"...over and over, "Nothin"....Finally, he told Brad
how he went to the Hotel to shower
and all his change was stacked on the dresser..."Huh? That's what the maids do here?" He thought...
comes outta the bathroom and all the change is now all messed up!
And there appears Brad's Dad, no more Alzhiemers, in a plaid flannel shirt
smiling big, saying: "Gotcha!!"

Well, the nephew about fainted and rush outta the rm and was so shaken he didn't wanna talk about it....things like that happen ALL the time...just to say, cuz of your belief of having no memory
in the Afterlife.
BUT, you don't need to believe 1 word of anything that I say. I have no pony on this race.

However, when I hear someone say the sky is not blue...I go "Um, well...I'm lookin' at it, it is to blue."
Even if I walk away right after saying it.
Whatever floats your boat!!


And I am saying all this ..knowing others are gonna think I'm nuts... Oh well, I certainly have an interesting life having many paranormal or weird things happen!
I don't see auras, don't know when someone is gonna die, can't tell ya where your lost stuff is..
but I have my share of the supernatural.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 07-17-2019 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: tipos as usul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 01:07 PM
 
22,182 posts, read 16,867,030 times
Reputation: 8921
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
Scientists have found evidence of parallel universes existing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I've been waiting for confirmation of this.
I must have missed it
There hasn't been any confirmation. The cause of the so called 'cold spot' in the cosmic microwave background (CMB) remains unknown at this point. While it could be the result of another universe bumping into ours, as of June of 2019, the data from the European Space Agency’s Planck spacecraft which might have verified this. . . hasn't.
Universe Today, Space and Astronomy News

JUNE 10, 2019 BY MATT WILLIAMS


In addition to largely confirming current theories on how the Universe evolved, Planck’s first map also revealed a number of temperature anomalies – like the CMB “Cold Spot” – that are difficult to explai. Unfortunately, with the latest analysis of the mission data, the Planck Collaboration team has found no new evidence for these anomalies, which means that astrophysicists are still short of an explanation.

Read More: https://www.universetoday.com/142456...cmb-cold-spot/
The possibility of the existence of other universes certainly exists, but it's speculative, and unfortunately, the cold spot in the CMB doesn't provide the evidence for their existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
13,753 posts, read 5,593,620 times
Reputation: 5415
A simple loss of blood pressure during a blood withdrawal caused me to completely lose consciousness.

If my consciousness can’t survive a drop in blood pressure, how is it going to survive brain death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 03:45 PM
 
10,661 posts, read 15,819,221 times
Reputation: 12106
OP, you are wrong to start with.
Every human being is not "constantly alive".
Every human being, from the time on conception, is constantly dying.Life is slowly giving way to death, until entire life is exhausted and death comes.
You re correct on one aspect though.
Consciousnesses is not related to physical and only resides in physical. More specifically, only some of it, very little, is contacting the body. And what I am referring to, is Self consciousness, not The Consciousness in general, as that is present in everything, as its motive force, as its organizational principle of EVERYTHING.
Self consciousness as the I-amness. Conscious Self vs other conscious Selfs. What you likely call a "soul".



As of why there is so many new "souls" coming into the earthly existence.
For starters, most of the human population statistics are bogus and rigged, as it suites, to those in power.

Next, even with increasing population, there are several aspects to this:
- it shows, how much human population is retarding, instead of progressing, so that "souls" have to come back and back and back. You literally end up with geometric progression of them to return, as every new generations throws more of them out into the Realm of Permanence. For what it is, there is shortage of bodies, as birthrate is going down.
- not all humans, existing on earth, even do have a "soul". To many, due to their retardation through previous existences, The Light Of Intelligence was shut down, and they simply exist in automatic regime. they may appear to be quite functional, but they lack "the spark".


As of "you have no proof to the other side existence", feel free to read my blog on that. I am not going to retype all that here.

Last edited by ukrkoz; 07-17-2019 at 04:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 01:10 AM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
5,771 posts, read 2,914,508 times
Reputation: 2907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
...
(Ha, with no drugs, meat, eggs, sex, tobacco, liquor for decades, living a meditative life style for many years ....
Deprivation can lead to hallucinations - Just kidding!

Seriously though, things did happen with me following my son's death by suicide. Things I can't explain. I don't really want to go into depth here on an open forum though. I did for a while look into the possibility of consciousness surviving physical death. NDE's were tantalizing but unfortunately, none of those that I read about could be verified and some of the reports could very easily have been fabricated BS. Others exaggerations or misinterpretations of experiences. I had one curious incident that I posted about in the 'unexplained' section shortly after it happened.

Last edited by 303Guy; 07-18-2019 at 01:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 01:24 AM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
5,771 posts, read 2,914,508 times
Reputation: 2907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
A simple loss of blood pressure during a blood withdrawal caused me to completely lose consciousness.

If my consciousness can’t survive a drop in blood pressure, how is it going to survive brain death?
There was the Pam Reynolds case in which her brain was cooled and drained of blood - meaning she was clinically brain dead (no brain activity at all) but she came back alive and well. So consciousness can survive brain death - sort of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pam_Reynolds_case
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top