U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 10:30 AM

15,779 posts, read 12,333,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Deprivation can lead to hallucinations - Just kidding!
Seriously though, things did happen with me following my son's death by suicide. Things I can't explain. I don't really want to go into depth here on an open forum though. I did for a while look into the possibility of consciousness surviving physical death. NDE's were tantalizing but unfortunately, none of those that I read about could be verified and some of the reports could very easily have been fabricated BS. ...
Good one! I'm thinking it was the lack of Martinis myself for too many years...and I gotta tell ya...not walking into a friendly bar
on a hot day in TX was a killer, too.
But say, since you were open to NDEs ...understandable after your son's death....and OMG, what that must have been like, whew, pause...

A good one (cuz it is verifiable, as many are, for you guys with the logical Left Brain propensities ...
Anita M's: She has so many I just chose randomly: (And then
the most intelligent one I have read...actually, the most interesting...
I will include Natalie Sudman, high IQ, after being hit with an improvised bomb in Irag in her Humvee, a civilian asked to join the Army Corp of Engineers:This is the shortest one I could find..there is no woowoo...just her account:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9c87jQdu9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eb2xy3lXgM&t=20s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 11:35 AM

5,771 posts, read 2,914,508 times
Thanks for those Miss H. I'll have a look at them later after when I get a chance. Off to work now.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:15 PM

15,779 posts, read 12,333,027 times
Quote:
Thanks for those Miss H. I'll have a look at them later after when I get a chance. Off to work now.
Good thing i wanted to watch the Anita Moorjani youtube...cuz it did not work!
Try this one--it is worth it...even 10 min...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz4NUe_hv2M

Old 07-18-2019, 05:48 PM

13,753 posts, read 5,593,620 times
Quote:
There was the Pam Reynolds case in which her brain was cooled and drained of blood - meaning she was clinically brain dead (no brain activity at all) but she came back alive and well. So consciousness can survive brain death - sort of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pam_Reynolds_case
I came back to consciousness too. That doesnít mean that consciousness can exist independently of the physical brain.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:00 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,670,809 times
I've got a better theory.

You die, the worms eat your brain, your memories get eaten by the worms, your consciousness ceases because it is only there due to our brain and once the brain is gone, you cease to exist.

Why would anyone create silly myths about what happens when biological things die? Humans are just another biological thing. Nothing more.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:47 AM

13,753 posts, read 5,593,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post

You die, the worms eat your brain, your memories get eaten by the worms, your consciousness ceases because it is only there due to our brain and once the brain is gone, you cease to exist.

Why would anyone create silly myths about what happens when biological things die? Humans are just another biological thing. Nothing more.
Are you saying that I am not special? Are you saying that, when I die, I die? Iím not sure I can handle that, so I will desperately cling to religious ideologies that say I can live forever.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:27 AM

487 posts, read 101,207 times
Quote:
I agree that this scenario is, in all likelihood, what happens.

But am now waiting for someone to explain (with great certainty and knowing insight) that the worms with your memories are eaten by fish, which are in turn eaten by humans, and the memories get reabsorbed and become part of the new person's consciousness... and that's how you live forever.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:24 AM

3,569 posts, read 1,291,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
It's always been crystal clear to me what "death" is. I will try to explain the best I can.

We live in a physical universe, so it is natural to age and "die".

Our conscious however is not physical. It does however manifest itself in a physical body which we operate.

We are "constantly alive" for an average of 70-100 years.

What I mean by "constantly alive" is when you sleep, your body is temporarily shut down, but your body is constantly alive because of the conscious that resides in it, meaning your eyes are permanently open and have been permanently open since birth.

When you die, your eyes permanently close because your conscious no longer resides in the body.

Your conscious is the key to your eyes opening and closing.

When you "die" every single one of your memories are gone, because they resided in your brain and memories are of the physical realm which are still remembered by those who are living, but your conscious is still present, it just doesn't reside in a body any longer.

The conscious is essential to the body. The body can't be fully utilized if the conscious is not in sync with the body.

Take people in comas for instance. Their bodies are stationary, being kept alive by machines. But when they regain conscious, their bodies are fully operational without the use of machines, because their conscious has regained full control.

When we are born again and we open our eyes for the first time, we are again "constantly alive".

Our conscious has taken residence in another body with a brand new brain to cherish new memories and experience.

Rinse and repeat.

When you turn off your computer the information that was stored in memory dissipates as heat. The energy that was organized into information is transformed into other forms of energy. When a person dies the same thing happens to the organized information that once were their thoughts and memories. The energy is returned to the universe at large.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:15 PM

5,771 posts, read 2,914,508 times
Quote:

On the face of it, this what happens. The person whose brain has been artificially turned off still retains all the memories and so on. Except that some people have reported being awake and aware during the time their brains were shut down. However, they were not dead so whether of not their consciousness left their physical body does not tell us what happens when the worms eat us.

But how does one explain a strange occurrence like someone calling out to deceased loved one and next thing their mobile rings and there is a message seemingly from that deceased person? A phone lying on the table. A phone glitch can be the only possible explanation.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:07 PM

10,986 posts, read 2,844,146 times
Quote:
On the face of it, this what happens. The person whose brain has been artificially turned off still retains all the memories and so on. Except that some people have reported being awake and aware during the time their brains were shut down. However, they were not dead so whether of not their consciousness left their physical body does not tell us what happens when the worms eat us.

But how does one explain a strange occurrence like someone calling out to deceased loved one and next thing their mobile rings and there is a message seemingly from that deceased person? A phone lying on the table. A phone glitch can be the only possible explanation.
Thats one of my greatest fears, dying and somehow my consciousness getting 'trapped' in my dead physical body!! There is nothing you could do about it, you couldnt let anyone know (no way to communicate), you would pretty much be screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or