U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 11:55 AM

20,089 posts, read 14,333,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Paul never met Jesus.....
Wrong.

Before he was known as Paul, he was known as Saul of Tarsus and more or less he was the ancient equivalent of the modern-day bounty hunter.

Paul chased Jesus to Damascus where he met Jesus & Co and conversed with Jesus.

Jesus never died.

The gospels provide evidence to that effect.

Jesus was given bitter water. Alkaloids are bitter. Opium is an Alkaloid. Opium had been used medicinally for at least 10,000 years before Jesus and grew naturally in the region.

Opium and Opiate-derivatives depress the central nervous system, including respiration and heart-rate.

It would be very easy to deceive someone, um, like an idiot guard, into believing Jesus was dead, when in fact he wasn't.

Some gospels make a big deal about not breaking the legs of Jesus, as was customary when removing someone who was crucified, because crucifixion is not necessarily a death sentence.

The antidote for Opium and Opiate-derivatives is atropine, which is also the antidote for nerve agent in chemical warfare.

You can produce atropine from any member of the Night Shade Family of plants, including the tomato, by simply extracting it from the roots. Night Shade grows abundantly in the region.

When Jesus is revived, he disguises himself and moves furtively about the town. See Luke for details.

Jesus was part of an obscure fanatical Essene sect. They thought that if someone "died" and then was "resurrected" everyone would abandon the Pharisees and Sadducees and fall at their feet.

It didn't go down that way. See Luke for details.

Jesus never appears before anyone of any consequence. Jesus never appears before Pilate or the Pharisees or the Sadducees or the Temple.

He couldn't, because he wasn't dead, and they would run him through with a spear or sword and then he really would be dead.

Jesus only appears before people in The Circle of Trust and no others.

Since they will kill Jesus, he has no choice but to flee.

Paul/Saul catches up to Jesus in Damascus with his mother Mary, Mary Magdalene, Salome and a few others.

Paul/Saul says Jesus blinded him.

Anyway, Jesus & Co were headed for the Kashmir Region of India, where Jesus eventually died and his brother James died trying to get to India to be with Jesus & Co.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 12:04 PM

6,096 posts, read 1,744,087 times
This thread just serves to demonstrate the issue with this forum. There is a group of people that have no idea whatsoever what the Bible is about, and what Christianity is about that are criticizing it and trying to poke holes in it.

Interesting thing is, I've said it repeatedly, that if I decide to make a comment about any religion, I get told that unless I belong to that religion, I should keep my trap shut. But it's encouraged here for ignorant people to spout off on Christianity.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:38 PM

23,023 posts, read 10,583,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
This thread just serves to demonstrate the issue with this forum. There is a group of people that have no idea whatsoever what the Bible is about, and what Christianity is about that are criticizing it and trying to poke holes in it.

Interesting thing is, I've said it repeatedly, that if I decide to make a comment about any religion, I get told that unless I belong to that religion, I should keep my trap shut. But it's encouraged here for ignorant people to spout off on Christianity.
Yup...because unlike you criticizing other religions...which you were never a part of..., most of us criticizing christianity were once christians.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:54 PM

6,096 posts, read 1,744,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yup...because unlike you criticizing other religions...which you were never a part of..., most of us criticizing christianity were once christians.
Right. OK. So that gives you free reign to just spout off all sorts of nonsense and hate about it? Because you once attended a VBS when you were 6? Or because your parents forced you to attend with them as a kid?

Again...this thread just serves to demonstrate some of the ignorance and wrong ideas that people have about Christianity.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:08 PM

11,341 posts, read 11,344,405 times
Quote:

BaptistFundie has me on ignore because he can't handle the truth. Everything I said in my OP is archeologically and historically based on the truth. The Jews were of Canaanite extract. They never made an exodus from Egypt. They dwelt among the Canaanites and believed in many of the Canaanite gods, notably El, from which the Jewish Elohim derives.

"And God said to Moses, “I am Yahweh. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty [EL Shaddai], but by my name I did not make myself fully known to them." Exodus 6:2-3

Exodus 6:2-3 is one of the most startling verses in the Old Testament. It clearly demonstrates the attempts of the Jews to evolve to a monotheistic religion and away from polytheism which they had previously practiced. So Yahweh rises to the top of the pack, divorces Asherah, becomes the only god to the Jews, thus

I am the Lord, and there is none else, 6 There is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

Over and over Yahweh insists he is the ONLY god and the Jews should worship none of the other ones their ancestors previously worshiped.

So Jews: originally Canaanites, polytheistic. Evolved into their own ethnic group with their own personal god, Yahweh.

"The Israelites initially worshipped Yahweh alongside a variety of Canaanite gods and goddesses, including El, Asherah and Baal. In the period of the Judges and the first half of the monarchy, El and Yahweh became conflated in a process of religious syncretism."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

This is why only in Genesis does the Bible read: "Let US make man in OUR image..." and "Behold, the man has become as one of US to know good from evil...."

Why is this important? For one thing, Jesus' genealogy in Luke is bogus. It doesn't show Jesus' ancestral roots back to the Canaanites likely because Luke wasn't aware of all this recently discovered evidence of Jesus' Canaanite heritage.

If Jesus is of Canaanite extract then he cannot possible be divine or the son of God. He's just an ordinary man who is dead and is now dust blowing around in the Middle East.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 07-27-2019 at 01:24 PM..

Old 07-27-2019, 01:19 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,905,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Wrong.

Before he was known as Paul, he was known as Saul of Tarsus and more or less he was the ancient equivalent of the modern-day bounty hunter.

Paul chased Jesus to Damascus where he met Jesus & Co and conversed with Jesus.

Jesus never died.

The gospels provide evidence to that effect.

Jesus was given bitter water. Alkaloids are bitter. Opium is an Alkaloid. Opium had been used medicinally for at least 10,000 years before Jesus and grew naturally in the region.

Opium and Opiate-derivatives depress the central nervous system, including respiration and heart-rate.

It would be very easy to deceive someone, um, like an idiot guard, into believing Jesus was dead, when in fact he wasn't.

Some gospels make a big deal about not breaking the legs of Jesus, as was customary when removing someone who was crucified, because crucifixion is not necessarily a death sentence.

The antidote for Opium and Opiate-derivatives is atropine, which is also the antidote for nerve agent in chemical warfare.

You can produce atropine from any member of the Night Shade Family of plants, including the tomato, by simply extracting it from the roots. Night Shade grows abundantly in the region.

When Jesus is revived, he disguises himself and moves furtively about the town. See Luke for details.

Jesus was part of an obscure fanatical Essene sect. They thought that if someone "died" and then was "resurrected" everyone would abandon the Pharisees and Sadducees and fall at their feet.

It didn't go down that way. See Luke for details.

Jesus never appears before anyone of any consequence. Jesus never appears before Pilate or the Pharisees or the Sadducees or the Temple.

He couldn't, because he wasn't dead, and they would run him through with a spear or sword and then he really would be dead.

Jesus only appears before people in The Circle of Trust and no others.

Since they will kill Jesus, he has no choice but to flee.

Paul/Saul catches up to Jesus in Damascus with his mother Mary, Mary Magdalene, Salome and a few others.

Paul/Saul says Jesus blinded him.

Anyway, Jesus & Co were headed for the Kashmir Region of India, where Jesus eventually died and his brother James died trying to get to India to be with Jesus & Co.
But that would mean that the biblical Jesus is a real historical person.
I also thought the swoon theory had been debunked even though I am open to it but only if the historical Jesus actually existed and is not a composite legend.

I do consider that someone did exist who did get himself into trouble with the Romans. I have also considered that he might have done it deliberately in order to 'resurrect' or possibly the scheme was concocted after his arrest as a means of escaping death.

My understanding of crucifixion is that it would take days for the victim to die. Apparently, in modern times when crucifixion was practiced, there would be survivors.

Old 07-27-2019, 02:34 PM

23,023 posts, read 10,583,971 times
Quote:
Right. OK. So that gives you free reign to just spout off all sorts of nonsense and hate about it? Because you once attended a VBS when you were 6? Or because your parents forced you to attend with them as a kid?

Again...this thread just serves to demonstrate some of the ignorance and wrong ideas that people have about Christianity.
I'm not going to listen to you talking about other people being haters.

No, that was multiple years of Sunday summer school and weekly Sunday services from age 5-15, followed by another 5 years of catholic masses, and all that went with it.

When I think of the kind of people that most made me turn away from christianity, it was people like...

Old 07-27-2019, 03:30 PM

16,393 posts, read 7,728,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
But that would mean that the biblical Jesus is a real historical person.
I also thought the swoon theory had been debunked even though I am open to it but only if the historical Jesus actually existed and is not a composite legend.

I do consider that someone did exist who did get himself into trouble with the Romans. I have also considered that he might have done it deliberately in order to 'resurrect' or possibly the scheme was concocted after his arrest as a means of escaping death.

My understanding of crucifixion is that it would take days for the victim to die. Apparently, in modern times when crucifixion was practiced, there would be survivors.
Just to help you on one aspect of your understanding, the normal Roman practice of crucifixion would have the legs situated so that the thorax was supported, allowing the victim to suffer much longer than if done in the manner depicted on standard crucifixes. You may recall the interesting detail that the legs of the thieves were broken so they would die faster, but Jesus' legs were not because H was already dead.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:07 PM

11,341 posts, read 11,344,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Just to help you on one aspect of your understanding, the normal Roman practice of crucifixion would have the legs situated so that the thorax was supported, allowing the victim to suffer much longer than if done in the manner depicted on standard crucifixes. You may recall the interesting detail that the legs of the thieves were broken so they would die faster, but Jesus' legs were not because H was already dead.

There isn't a single historical record of Jesus, much less Jesus' crucifixion and what happened to him so you're whistling in the wind. Jesus' crucifixion was written average 75 years after it happened by anonymous Greek writers who weren't even there and had no one to inquire about the details, so they invented the details wholesale out of their heads. That's why only John talks about Jesus' legs being broken, not the synoptics. It was a details that was added to the story much later to make it more dramatic. The writers wanted to slip Psalm 34:20 into their text and call it a prophetic fulfillment.

"He protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken."

Pure baloney. How can Christians be so ignorant of these important details? No wonder they always sound like anamatrons regurgitating their pastor's Sunday sermon.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:29 PM

16,393 posts, read 7,728,692 times
I'm just sharing what I have been informed is competent medical information. If you can competently show it is wrong, do so. That it dovetails so neatly with details of the narrative is a problem for your agenda. So suffer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or