U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-28-2019, 05:07 AM
 
39,541 posts, read 11,024,191 times
Reputation: 5126

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
But STILL, TRANS says there's no proof of God.
There isn't. There's proof of the power of faith to change peoples'lives, but what proof of anything more than that? Also i not that you quotemined - you reposted the transformation, but omitted the backsliding. Naughty

Thrillobyte's post about Christian people getting Christian NDEs -including 'knowing' who a figure is without any signs or hats with their names on. That is rather 'proof' of it being a product of the brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Why does your brain ignore or unable to see the flip side of the coin?
What on earth could anyone do to be rewarded with an eternal bliss in joy and happiness with no worries of any kind, FOREVER?
That's a rather clever bit of apologetics. The answer is that this Promise is a chimera; a snake -oil promise. This would only work if everything that You were was ripped away and replaced by laughing -gas. It would be no more 'eternal life' than an eternity on a machine. These 'eternal life' offers exploit a terror of death never mind being backed up by hellthreat if you don't follow orders. The whole system stinks.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2019, 10:14 AM
 
40,333 posts, read 26,896,474 times
Reputation: 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
There isn't. There's proof of the power of faith to change peoples'lives, but what proof of anything more than that? Also i not that you quotemined - you reposted the transformation, but omitted the backsliding. Naughty

Thrillobyte's post about Christian people getting Christian NDEs -including 'knowing' who a figure is without any signs or hats with their names on. That is rather 'proof' of it being a product of the brain.
I thought you have had altered state experiences, Arq. I am surprised you are not familiar with the kind of "knowing" without content support that occurs in dreams or altered states. BTW, you might consider the pointlessness of asserting that something you disagree with about reality is a product of the brain since EVERYTHING we experience is a product of the brain!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Status: "I care about your eternity. Sorry." (set 18 hours ago)
 
176 posts, read 20,135 times
Reputation: 16
Jang Jaswal's Near-Death Experience (was an atheist at the time)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=eobvYMNPmRc

Jang Jaswal (Atheist/Hindu) was all through his life an Atheist. One year ago he had a heart surgery and went to the afterlife. He found himself in a valley with some people there facing a big bright light. He had some questions in his mind and received telepathic answers. He was called a Dog. He heard someone say” The dog has arrived” Then he was shown the universe and shown how insignificant he is. The light came to him and shone on him.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 12:58 PM
Status: "I care about your eternity. Sorry." (set 18 hours ago)
 
176 posts, read 20,135 times
Reputation: 16
Nancy Rynes - Atheist goes to Heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VM9wcYvnCc

Nancy Rynes was a successful science writer and a woman of the Earth. Firmly grounded in physical things and never giving the spirit world a thought. In fact she calls herself Atheist/Agnostic just before her fatal accident with a truck one day while riding her bicycle.She died for 17 minutes and went to the afterlife. Where would an Atheist go if they died? Find out what happened to Nancy Rynes when she passed over into the other side of life.

Last edited by Iwasmadenew; 07-28-2019 at 01:10 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 01:02 PM
Status: "I care about your eternity. Sorry." (set 18 hours ago)
 
176 posts, read 20,135 times
Reputation: 16
Howard Storm – Goes into detail [about his NDE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmY2yZU_CGk



This is some detail as told by Howard Storm. Howard Storm was a hardened atheist when he died in Paris France while on a lecture tour.He first went to hell and was saved by Jesus when he called out.In this video he goes into detail as to what he experienced in the afterfife in a way we can understand.He was taken to Treblinka Nazi death camp and to the future. He spent some time with Jesus and angels doing a Q and A session where he was able to ask any question. In this video he goes into some interesting detail that will augment his general testimony.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 01:59 PM
 
39,541 posts, read 11,024,191 times
Reputation: 5126
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I thought you have had altered state experiences, Arq. I am surprised you are not familiar with the kind of "knowing" without content support that occurs in dreams or altered states. BTW, you might consider the pointlessness of asserting that something you disagree with about reality is a product of the brain since EVERYTHING we experience is a product of the brain!
No it isn't. Everything that we perceive is perceived through functions of the brain, but that doesn't mean that there is nothing apart from that. In fact the evidence is overwhelming (seen logically - which i know you don't do) that a reality exists apart from what we think about it. Next time you fall headlong over a pavement -slab tell yourself it was just your imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
[b]...
This is some detail as told by Howard Storm. Howard Storm was a hardened atheist when he died in Paris France while on a lecture tour.He first went to hell and was saved by Jesus when he called out.In this video he goes into detail as to what he experienced in the afterfife in a way we can understand.He was taken to Treblinka Nazi death camp and to the future. He spent some time with Jesus and angels doing a Q and A session where he was able to ask any question. In this video he goes into some interesting detail that will augment his general testimony.
Oh my God A string of NDE's presented (after everything that has been posted) as though they should be accepted at face value (we shall give them benefit of doubt that they actually had them). Well, have your fun. Nobody is going to be convinced unless they want to be.

(Cue: 'you would not accept any evidence..') This is not Yet 'evidence'. I would bet a fat wad of dosh that none of these 'answers' jesus supposedly gave him would stand up to scrutiny.

We had a regular poster here for a mix of Christianity and spiritism. The 'messages' given by Jesus and "Luke" (there's the first mistake ) were such nonsense that it was debunked in the first posting.....and the several subsequent others.,

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-28-2019 at 02:10 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 02:13 PM
 
40,333 posts, read 26,896,474 times
Reputation: 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
No it isn't. Everything that we perceive is perceived through functions of the brain, but that doesn't mean that there is nothing apart from that. In fact, the evidence is overwhelming (seen logically - which I know you don't do) that reality exists apart from what we think about it. Next time you fall headlong over a pavement -slab tell yourself it was just your imagination.
You know I am not a solipsist, Arq. But you just take for granted that distinguishing what is really "out there" as part of our Reality is an easy and trivial matter. It is NOT. Our abilities to validate our Reality is limited to the 5% or less of it amenable to our scientific investigations.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 02:17 PM
 
39,541 posts, read 11,024,191 times
Reputation: 5126
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I thought you have had altered state experiences, Arq. I am surprised you are not familiar with the kind of "knowing" without content support that occurs in dreams or altered states. BTW, you might consider the pointlessness of asserting that something you disagree with about reality is a product of the brain since EVERYTHING we experience is a product of the brain!
No it isn't. Everything that we perceive is perceived through functions of the brain, but that doesn't mean that there is nothing apart from that. In fact the evidence is overwhelming (seen logically - which i know you don't do) that a reality exist apart from what we think about it. Next time you fall headlong over a pavement -slab tell yourself it was just your imagination.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 02:18 PM
Status: "I care about your eternity. Sorry." (set 18 hours ago)
 
176 posts, read 20,135 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Nobody is going to be convinced unless they want to be.
More accurately: Nobody (i.e TRANSPONDER) is going to be convinced unless they are open-minded and humble enough to be able to consider an opinion different from their own.

Do you really think I'm expecting anyone to be convinced from a couple videos?? If someone is genuinely interested in answers they would not limit themselves to a discussion forum, waiting for convincing evidence to be "presented" to them. I've researched this topic. Have you researched it, or is your opinion 'uninformed'?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 02:22 PM
 
40,333 posts, read 26,896,474 times
Reputation: 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
No it isn't. Everything that we perceive is perceived through functions of the brain, but that doesn't mean that there is nothing apart from that. In fact, the evidence is overwhelming (seen logically - which i know you don't do) that reality exists apart from what we think about it. Next time you fall headlong over a pavement -slab tell yourself it was just your imagination.
Double-posting will not make your arguments truer or stronger, Arq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You know I am not a solipsist, Arq. But you just take for granted that distinguishing what is really "out there" as part of our Reality is an easy and trivial matter. It is NOT. Our abilities to validate our Reality is limited to the 5% or less of it amenable to our scientific investigations.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top