U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 12:03 PM

23,010 posts, read 10,577,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Its always been 99% being mislead. God only has 1 single religion, so you are correct-99% of them are not his and believe false reasonings.
Another white lie for christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 12:53 PM

13,378 posts, read 7,082,210 times
Eternal torment in the lake of fire is the worst thing imaginable. And yet, it is very real. So why do you complain about God and His justice? How can the creature rebel against the omnipotent Creator? Why don't you stop your foolish rebellion and instead beg Him for mercy the name of Jesus?!

Old 08-04-2019, 01:08 PM

26,069 posts, read 13,552,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Eternal torment in the lake of fire is the worst thing imaginable. And yet, it is very real. So why do you complain about God and His justice? How can the creature rebel against the omnipotent Creator? Why don't you stop your foolish rebellion and instead beg Him for mercy the name of Jesus?!
Your monstrous, psychotic god-thing is a cartoon character in an old book.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:51 PM

9,037 posts, read 5,205,977 times
Quote:
Because hell isn't the least bit real.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:45 PM

420 posts, read 197,611 times
Why should anyone get bent out of shape because someone else has a different belief or follows a path so unlike the one you are on? If you feel threatened by another persons belief's, could it be that you are not completely convinced? Doubt is always going to be there.

I believe in the afterlife. I believe in God. And I have spent most of my life as either an atheist or agnostic or openly cursing the almighty for the wrongs in my life I blamed him for. My beliefs won't fit into any religion or church. I believe all religions have a sense of the larger picture but none can be said to be the correct one.

Imagine a young child growing up in India and he studies and believes totally in Hinduism? Or he is from SE Asia and grows up surrounded by Buddhism. Or he is born In the Middle East and has memorized most of the Koran and practices his faith daily with enthusiasm.

What could any of these people have done to be deserving an eternity of torture in a lake of fire? Do you really think there is any chance at all that the day he chats with a christian he converts to Christianity and accept Jesus Christ as his personal savior? It just ain't going to happen and no one should be punished because of the environment in which he or she was born.

A loving God does not torture anyone for eternity. I could not and would not ever worship anyone's God knowing that people who never had a chance are suffering for eternity. I do not believe that anyone's religious doctrines are without error's and misinterpretations. And possibly purposely mis-information provided by people who meant well and thought they knew what was best for the rest of us.

Are your beliefs based on love or fear?

Old 08-04-2019, 02:49 PM

40,409 posts, read 26,920,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
Why should anyone get bent out of shape because someone else has a different belief or follows a path so unlike the one you are on? If you feel threatened by another person's belief's, could it be that you are not completely convinced? Doubt is always going to be there.

I believe in the afterlife. I believe in God. And I have spent most of my life as either an atheist or agnostic or openly cursing the almighty for the wrongs in my life I blamed him for. My beliefs won't fit into any religion or church. I believe all religions have a sense of the larger picture but none can be said to be the correct one.

Imagine a young child growing up in India and he studies and believes totally in Hinduism? Or he is from SE Asia and grows up surrounded by Buddhism. Or he is born In the Middle East and has memorized most of the Koran and practices his faith daily with enthusiasm.

What could any of these people have done to be deserving of an eternity of torture in a lake of fire? Do you really think there is any chance at all that the day he chats with a Christian he converts to Christianity and accepts Jesus Christ as his personal savior? It just ain't going to happen and no one should be punished because of the environment in which he or she was born.

A loving God does not torture anyone for eternity. I could not and would not ever worship anyone's God knowing that people who never had a chance are suffering for eternity. I do not believe that anyone's religious doctrines are without error's and misinterpretations. And possibly purposely mis-information provided by people who meant well and thought they knew what was best for the rest of us.

Are your beliefs based on love or fear?
They should be based on love for they are mutually exclusive.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:14 AM

15,400 posts, read 10,406,362 times
Quote:
Eternal torment in the lake of fire is the worst thing imaginable. And yet, it is very real.
Ah! So in that case you will have no problem producing verifiable evidence for it then will you?

Old 08-05-2019, 01:41 AM

2,770 posts, read 1,884,789 times
Quote:
Strangely, when I was younger, I believed that Hell was justifiable and that many deserved it.
As I have gotten older, and seen many older family and friends deceased, that belief has turned full circle.
Nobody deserves it, and the punishment does not befit the crime.
Call me a new age social justice warrior for those in Hell, because others like yourself will let them rot.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:08 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,808,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
One of the things that many people cannot get their head around, is a punishment that lasts FOREVER.
What on earth could anyone do, to warrant such a punishment?
It really makes no sense, and is simply beyond comprehension.
Many people that have experienced Hell on the other side (through NDE's etc), have said that this was just, and the punishment for their sin, whatever that may be, was perfectly justified.
Is this just an extreme case of Stockholm Syndrome?
How could anyone not object to it?
If there is not a universal bridge, or an area of penance and purification, then God is building one hell of a big Hell. (no pun intended)

In the Christianity forum there is an ongoing debate whether this doctrine is biblical or not, the Greek words gehenna and aion are vital to the proper understanding, there is plenty of literature out there.

Since this is a general forum, how do Muslims think about this matter?

Concerning NDEs, I don't believe in them, this means I don't believe that these people were dead and in the afterlife.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:44 AM

15,400 posts, read 10,406,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Concerning NDEs, I don't believe in them, this means I don't believe that these people were dead and in the afterlife.
They weren't dead. That's why it's called "near death".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality