U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 02:13 PM

125 posts, read 12,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I'm like a broken record...I know..but there are new people around.
I believe seeing is believing.
I tried this as if it was a fact: 'Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.' In Psalm 37.
I tried this: 'Be still and know that I am God.' In Psalm 46
Next, I thought if I'm going to follow what Jesus said, see him as my teacher, a master.
Well, I very well should do what he said, then...to a tee...like devotee at his feet, like a soldier taking orders...

Do it. 100%, 24/7.
I started for 2 weeks seeking the Kingdom of Heaven, first. After that, I combined many things that
rolled up into the same thing, with some things Paul said...
Focus on the things above and not the things on the earth.
Do not Worry
Be not afraid, fear not
Cast your cares
Give my burdens to him
Be anxious for nothing
Ask, believe and receive

Well, they all 'work'. My life completely changed, my old friends couldn't believe it...no more complaining, gossiping
about anything anymore...always happy and trusting in the Lord.
I gave all my burdens to God. What is there to ever worry about?
Jesus was a good instructor. And I was a good student.

I used any free will I had to practice following instructions...best thing I ever did!
It took controlling the mind when it wanted to fret or worry or be anxious about most anything...
being late, forgetting something, not having insurance, not being able to pay a bill easily, not wanting to
have to do something.
Now, I'm on auto-pilot...being carefree is the first thing I feel all the time...worry doesn't
come into my mind at all anymore.
And everything always works out perfectly.

But, I don't consider myself a Christian, just sayin, nor do I care if anyone else is.

Miss Hepburn, I would rep this but I can't cause I have to wait some before I can rep you again. But I thought this was really good. Our paths are different but I appreciated this post. I like reading about what works for people. It is better than what seems like constant debating where the debaters take on the very characteristics of the God(s) they are criticizing. This..this was positive what you wrote. Its refreshing, thank you Will watch for more of your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 02:18 PM

3,580 posts, read 1,294,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
au contraire mon ami

"But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.-Joshua 24:15

You can spin it however you want but yes we have a choice

However all choices have consequences good and bad

And no the Bible doesn't teach you'll burn in hell eternally if your choice is unwise.

In fact God says he wont throw lightening bolts or make your life miserable if you reject him

"so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous." Matthew 5:45

But, if you believe in your heart in YOLO that just might happen for those that have firmly established in their hearts that is the case.

Choose wisely

Peace
Yes, we have the freedom to choose. But if no God existed to begin with then free will is a not a gift from God. Free will is our natural condition.

That is the point of this topic.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I'm like a broken record...I know..but there are new people around.
I believe seeing is believing.
I tried this as if it was a fact: 'Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.' In Psalm 37.
I tried this: 'Be still and know that I am God.' In Psalm 46
Next, I thought if I'm going to follow what Jesus said, see him as my teacher, a master.
Well, I very well should do what he said, then...to a tee...like devotee at his feet, like a soldier taking orders...

Do it. 100%, 24/7.
I started for 2 weeks seeking the Kingdom of Heaven, first. After that, I combined many things that
rolled up into the same thing, with some things Paul said...
Focus on the things above and not the things on the earth.
Do not Worry
Be not afraid, fear not
Cast your cares
Give my burdens to him
Be anxious for nothing
Ask, believe and receive

Well, they all 'work'. My life completely changed, my old friends couldn't believe it...no more complaining, gossiping
about anything anymore...always happy and trusting in the Lord.
I gave all my burdens to God. What is there to ever worry about?
Jesus was a good instructor. And I was a good student.

I used any free will I had to practice following instructions...best thing I ever did!
It took controlling the mind when it wanted to fret or worry or be anxious about most anything...
being late, forgetting something, not having insurance, not being able to pay a bill easily, not wanting to
have to do something.
Now, I'm on auto-pilot...being carefree is the first thing I feel all the time...worry doesn't
come into my mind at all anymore.
And everything always works out perfectly.

But, I don't consider myself a Christian, just sayin, nor do I care if anyone else is.
You concluded that it is possible for you to change your life for the better. And so you changed your life for the better.

Good for you.

I often encounter individuals who claim that they were living self destructive lives of alcoholism and drug abuse. But then they found Jesus, and it changed their lives.

They changed their lives for the better. Good for them.

But the ability to live a life that isn't self destructive is always an individual decision. No crutch is necessary. Because we really do have the freedom to make life choices.

I rarely drink more than the occasional beer, and I have never been attracted to drugs. I have always chosen to live a non life destructive lifestyle. Because this is the only life I have, and I choose not to risk destroying it.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:16 PM

15,810 posts, read 12,344,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
You concluded that it is possible for you to change your life for the better. And so you changed your life for the better.
Good for you.
I often encounter individuals who claim that they were living self destructive lives of alcoholism and drug abuse. But then they found Jesus, and it changed their lives.
They changed their lives for the better. Good for them.
I've talked to some of these homeless types at shelters helping out others now...Man. The light in their eyes of sheer gratitude...very moving!
Quote:
But the ability to live a life that isn't self destructive is always an individual decision.
***No crutch is necessary. Because we really do have the freedom to make life choices.
I rarely drink more than the occasional beer, and I have never been attracted to drugs. I have always chosen to live a non life destructive lifestyle. Because this is the only life I have, and I choose not to risk destroying it.
I love it, bro.
(And I never meant anyone needed to follow the advice Jesus gave, just sayin...Dr. Phil says good things also, if you follow them,
a person would be doing great! Sometimes it involves Oreos...private joke...)

It's just I did and, shazam...it worked...cuz tho I was a good person and not self-destructive or addicted...
However, I had things that filled me with uncool feelings...esp financial...(this happened to be around 2008, bef that I was way fine!!!)

I did what Jesus advised and it worked. That's all I know about the Bible...I tested a lot of stuff and it was true. That's my testimony on Jesus' teachings.
Am I saying I believe God murdered people in Old Test times...No.
My free will * says, No, to a Creator that is anything but a ball of White Light
of almost unbearable Love.

* Notice how I stay on topic!!! LOL...
***This no crutch is necessary thing...I must tellya..Oh my, some people need a crutch, my friend...
as much as a guy with his foot blown off...they are wounded beyond what maybe you have seen.
They need a freaking life boat given to them AND be lifted into it...no stinkin' crutch.
I don't care if it's a Nun or Krishna...they need something.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-13-2019 at 05:36 PM..

Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM

73 posts, read 9,008 times
God did not give the man and woman free will. God shared His perfect living will with them, hence the one command.

The serpent came along and claimed free will and immortality in following his word, over and against God's word.

The man and woman were given ruling authority to deal with the beguiling liar. So, no need for intervention, in keeping with the ruling authority God gave them. They were equipped with the word God gave them. The serpent who came along claiming his own wisdom, had to ask directions to that tree, and then sought to create his own void, to step into. This should also give you a clue as to who was speaking through the serpent, as he claimed a knowledge of greatness and of God and immortality out of one side of his mouth, and calling God's command as bondage out of the other side of his mouth.

If you are travelling a million miles and are just one degree of angle off, in the direction you travel, you will miss your destination by a lot. How much more when you are 180 degrees off.

Last edited by chief scum; Yesterday at 06:56 AM..

Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM

39,816 posts, read 11,135,711 times
But, if you travel in a direction 180 degrees from the direction you were supposed to travel, isn't that the same direction?

Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

40,455 posts, read 26,981,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
But, if you travel in a direction 180 degrees from the direction you were supposed to travel, isn't that the same direction?
It is the reverse direction.

Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM

15,455 posts, read 10,433,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
360 degrees in a circle my dear old salt. I suggest less cider.

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
God did not give the man and woman free will. God shared His perfect living will with them, hence the one command.

The serpent came along and claimed free will and immortality in following his word, over and against God's word.

The man and woman were given ruling authority to deal with the beguiling liar. So, no need for intervention, in keeping with the ruling authority God gave them. They were equipped with the word God gave them. The serpent who came along claiming his own wisdom, had to ask directions to that tree, and then sought to create his own void, to step into. This should also give you a clue as to who was speaking through the serpent, as he claimed a knowledge of greatness and of God and immortality out of one side of his mouth, and calling God's command as bondage out of the other side of his mouth.

If you are travelling a million miles and are just one degree of angle off, in the direction you travel, you will miss your destination by a lot. How much more when you are 180 degrees off.
Which would mean, in your interpretation, that God's will and man's will are the same. If this is so, then free will is an illusion, and humans have no ability to change whatever destiny God had planned for each of us when He created Adam and Eve.

And yet believers continuously proclaim that it is non belief that is empty, and without hope.

Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM

73 posts, read 9,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Which would mean, in your interpretation, that God's will and man's will are the same. If this is so, then free will is an illusion, and humans have no ability to change whatever destiny God had planned for each of us when He created Adam and Eve.

And yet believers continuously proclaim that it is non belief that is empty, and without hope.

It was until God's word was sacrificed, and the lying beguiling serpents word's were chosen to follow.

I choose to follow God's word. Also, before sin Adam named her Woman, which is a glorious name that came with a blessing.

Last edited by chief scum; Yesterday at 02:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or