Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 11:26 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

To me, its always been significant, that according to the bible, not that many people will achieve heaven, meaning, the majority of Gods prized creation..WILLINGLY rejected him and his teachings ...which basically means, the bible was not enough to convince majority of people of how great and wonderful God is!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 12:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
To me, its always been significant, that according to the bible, not that many people will achieve heaven, meaning, the majority of Gods prized creation..WILLINGLY rejected him and his teachings ...which basically means, the bible was not enough to convince majority of people of how great and wonderful God is!!!!!
Well, when it's so full of errors and contradictions, it's not surprising that it fails to convince so many that actually take the trouble to read it.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:11 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The more important point is that God consciously and deliberately designed humanity so that the majority would be excluded from heaven and consigned to hell. Many simply for failing to have the correct faith. Whatta guy!

Old 08-02-2019, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The more important point is that God consciously and deliberately designed humanity so that the majority would be excluded from heaven and consigned to hell. Many simply for failing to have the correct faith. Whatta guy!
Which is not to say that we really believe there is a god that actually did this, but that this god was devised - or rather reinvented by Christianity to suit the wishes of the believers.

Arq Axiom no. 8 "Man creates God in his own image- and re-creates it where necessary". Thus, we totally do not believe this god that excludes everyone not of the faith (including his former Own people) actually exists. There may be some sorta god though it isn't probable, but Biblegod does not exist. Quite sure of that.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Which is not to say that we really believe there is a god that actually did this, but that this god was devised - or rather reinvented by Christianity to suit the wishes of the believers.

Arq Axiom no. 8 "Man creates God in his own image- and re-creates it where necessary". Thus, we totally do not believe this god that excludes everyone not of the faith (including his former Own people) actually exists. There may be some sorta god though it isn't probable, but Biblegod does not exist. Quite sure of that.
Many Christians, most I suspect, consider the majority of other Christians to be false Christians who are not worthy of going to heaven. Only "true" Christians are worthy of heaven. And they will ultimately all be proven correct. Not that they will ever know it. Because the whole concept of an afterlife and heaven or hell is a product of religious make believe.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:29 AM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
If that doesn't convince you that such ideas are entirely man-made, nothing will.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:50 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
There are also those verses about being predestined for this or that. That doesn't sound like free will to me.
AS you say old thing....

Eph 1:4-5,11
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will...

Jeremiah 10:23
23 I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own;
it is not for man to direct his steps.

Romans 8:20
For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it

Psa 37:23
From Jehovah are the steps of a man, They have been prepared, And his way he desireth.

Pro 16:9
A man's heart plans his course, but Yahweh directs his steps.

Jer 10:23
Yahweh, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.

Your eyes saw me when I was formless; all my days were written in Your book and planned
before a single one of them began. [Psalm 139:16]

So if old Yahweh has planned every day of our lives, how can we make any free will decision that will change what Yahweh has planned for us? How do we make a free will decision that might change what is "recorded in his book"???

Old 08-04-2019, 09:57 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If that doesn't convince you that such ideas are entirely man-made, nothing will.
Good one.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Yes. The entire idea of a creator Being is man made. It is make believe.

I am convinced.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
I sometimes wonder why we are at odds so much, since we agree on so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality