Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2019, 05:04 PM

2,962 posts, read 863,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That's childish.

But just to be clear, since I no longer believe in god, I'm not mad at him. I don't like people like you who attempt to push your religious beliefs on others.
So you seek out random religious people on the internet to disrespect and ridicule, venting on them what rightly belongs to someone else? That strikes me as misplaced and inconsiderate.

Last edited by Iwasmadenew; 08-02-2019 at 05:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 05:07 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
So you seek out random religious people on the internet to disrespect and ridicule, venting on them what rightly belongs to someone else?
Excuse me. You're not random. You're right here...pushing, pushing, pushing.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:12 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
So you seek out random religious people on the internet to disrespect and ridicule, venting on them what rightly belongs to someone else? That strikes me as misplaced and inconsiderate. Why should strangers get your disrespect without having done something to you personally. Some insults affect my mood. Do I deserve that, in your opinion, if I'm trying to be respectful of others?
You claim that you are being insulted and that you are being respectful. I believe that neither claim is true.

Since you have declined to answer me, I will conclude that your "thorough research" includes zero actual research.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:17 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
You claim that you are being insulted and that you are being respectful. I believe that neither claim is true.

Since you have declined to answer me, I will conclude that your "thorough research" includes zero actual research.
You are wrong. The atheists on this forum are generally disrespectful.

And no, we do NOT have to answer every question posed at us. Especially when the atheists outnumber everyone. You are going to have to live with that.

Anyway, why are atheists so curious about what believers think? Why don't you just take our advice and give faith a try. I promise that all of your questions will finally be answered. You won't have to ask anymore.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:20 PM

2,962 posts, read 863,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Excuse me. You're not random. You're right here...pushing, pushing, pushing.
I am a real person that you see as your punching bag to work-out your issues with God.
Some insults affect my mood. Do I deserve that, in your opinion? Have I been disrespectful to you? What have I said to you that I'm your enemy? You do realize you're on the Religion and Spirituality forum, right? Do you wish it were the Religion vs Secular Debates forum? That's the impression I get.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You are wrong. The atheists on this forum are generally disrespectful.

And no, we do NOT have to answer every question posed at us. Especially when the atheists outnumber everyone. You are going to have to live with that.

Anyway, why are atheists so curious about what believers think? Why don't you just take our advice and give faith a try. I promise that all of your questions will finally be answered. You won't have to ask anymore.

Again, if you make a claim then refuse to provide support and/or answer questions regarding your claim, it will not be taken seriously. And here we are.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I am a real person that you see as your punching bag to work-out your issues with God.
Some insults affect my mood. Do I deserve that, in your opinion? Have I been disrespectful to you? What have I said to you that I'm your enemy? You do realize you're on the Religion and Spirituality forum, right? Do you wish it were the Religion vs Secular Debates forum? That's the impression I get.
You have some bizarre perceptions.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
1. Yes, you deserve the grilling you're getting here form numerous posters BECAUE you are pushing an agenda onto people.
2. Preaching down to me affects my mood.
3. You are the enemy who tries to shove your religion down the throats of people who don't want it.
4. This is not a praise forum. You would be closer to that up in the christianity subforum. This is a forum to discuss all forms of religion and spirituality. Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Paganism, Satanism, tarot cards, crystals...anything spiritual. It is not owned by christians. It belongs to everyone.
5. There's nothing wrong with debating christianity versus secularism.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:00 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times
Quote:
Why do you hate God? He knows you by name!

When I started kindergarten, in September of 1953, I had to learn the Pledge of Allegiance. It went like this:

I pledge Allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation, indivisible,
with Liberty and Justice for all.

On June 14, 1954 congress passed legislation that inserted the words "under God" into the Pledge of Allegiance. I had to learn the Pledge of Allegiance all over again when I began the first grade!

My point is, words like "In God We Trust," and "under God," are human inventions. They were not handed down from on high.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
When I started kindergarten, in September of 1953, I had to learn the Pledge of Allegiance. It went like this:

I pledge Allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation, indivisible,
with Liberty and Justice for all.

On June 14, 1954 congress passed legislation that inserted the words "under God" into the Pledge of Allegiance. I had to learn the Pledge of Allegiance all over again when I began the first grade!

My point is, words like "In God We Trust," and "under God," are human inventions. They were not handed down from on high.
And, in my view, it's an ego trip...the god is on our side concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality