Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 05:16 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,699,993 times

Advertisements

I can understand people stating God is more a symbol or feeling or having faith in life and goodness. That's fine.

However, if your stating God is an actual lving entity aren't you basically admitting you beleive in aliens, since "God" isn't a native to our planet, hence not of this world..aka... an alien?

But belief in aliens would go against most earth-bound religions. It contradicts itself. Why believe in a God of any type as an actual other worldly creature if belief in non-earth natives is considered fantasy and blasphemy?

Surely Religion isn't contradicting itself.

/signed
Confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 05:35 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,457 times
42:11 (He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things).

Old 02-17-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
42:11 (He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things).
Other than calling us cattle, I don't see how that answers the question, other than leaning toward you feel its an actual living creature.

I can quote ancient texts, too (written by uneducated men compared to 21st century), but thats not what I'm looking for.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:00 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
Other than calling us cattle, I don't see how that answers the question, other than leaning toward you feel its an actual living creature.

I can quote ancient texts, too (written by uneducated men compared to 21st century), but thats not what I'm looking for.

god is telling you that there is nothing whatever like unto Him

god did not calling us cattle

He has made for you pairs from among yourselves,
male and female

and pairs among cattle:
male and female

by this means does He multiply you ( male and female of the human not cattle)

Old 02-17-2009, 06:03 AM

30 posts, read 50,639 times
Default Not a physical being.

I have come to believe that God is not a being nor was it actually God who presented himself to biblical figures such as Moses, Abraham, Enoch and others in order to express his will. I think of it like this. The Source from which everything in the universe originated seems to always be present and that presence can often be felt by those who seek it. Although it's not much proof that God exists, it keeps us searching for the truth about it.
There is also the posibillity that this Source can manifest it's will through certain human beings and this has been seen in the lives of all the prophets from many different religions who's devine insight and knowledge have no earthly explanation.

At this point it's still best guess...
KC

Old 02-17-2009, 06:09 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
I can understand people stating God is more a symbol or feeling or having faith in life and goodness. That's fine.

However, if your stating God is an actual lving entity aren't you basically admitting you beleive in aliens, since "God" isn't a native to our planet, hence not of this world..aka... an alien?

But belief in aliens would go against most earth-bound religions. It contradicts itself. Why believe in a God of any type as an actual other worldly creature if belief in non-earth natives is considered fantasy and blasphemy?

/signed
Confused.

Most people don't believe in aliens as benevolent, omnipotent life forms that created the universe.

God is not of this planet, but he is a being. He exists outside of this universe, and time as we know it.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:17 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,896 times
Quote:

/signed
Confused.
i don't know if the non_earth natives is considered fantasy and blasphemy in other religions , but as much as i know about my religion (islam) it's not blasphemy

religions believe in angeles (non_earth natives creations ) , so if you consider them aliens i have to confess that i believe in aliens existence .

Old 02-17-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Most people don't believe in aliens as benevolent, omnipotent life forms that created the universe.

God is not of this planet, but he is a being. He exists outside of this universe, and time as we know it.
by definition, that is an alien. Regardless of where It is from, its not from Earth, thus, an alen.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:28 AM

well cattle are males and females too

So what created "God"? Your quotes are from books written by humans. Kinda implies gods of any pantheon are created by humans to influence other humans to their ways of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
god is telling you that there is nothing whatever like unto Him

god did not calling us cattle

He has made for you pairs from among yourselves,
male and female

and pairs among cattle:
male and female

by this means does He multiply you ( male and female of the human not cattle)

Old 02-17-2009, 06:48 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
by definition, that is an alien. Regardless of where It is from, its not from Earth, thus, an alen.

True. You have a point as far as the dictionary definition. My point though, is that he's not some little green guy with big eyes that flies a space ship that might have crashed in Roswell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality