Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 08:26 AM

444 posts, read 1,211,838 times

Advertisements

Was John Locke in the Illuminati, or was the Illuminati after him? Why did he have to flee to Holland with Shrewsbury? He's the one who wrote 'Two Treatises of Government', behind the scenes of the Religious Leadership of the Monarchy of that time, wasnt he? He died 1704. He must have studied Sir/Saint Thomas More's Utopia, they were both educated men. Henry VIII hated Sir Thomas, because he wouldnt let Henry divorce Katherine "of Aragon", so he could marry his concubine Anne Bolyn whom had already had Elizabeth.
But moreover, why would todays Freemasons deny the Lodge #0 at Kilwinning Scotland? Why would they overlook the origination of Scottish Freemasonry in the years shortly after William the Conquerer came to power? Why would anyone continue to smear the name and reputation of Hugh De Morville, who held one of the most prestigious burial places in the Holy Land, the Temple Mound Porch of King Solomon?
Who made Thomas Beckett a Saint? and when? and why?and what was his mission that he made Henry II so mad he would send his top 4 Knights to do whatever was really done there? Too many questions to just brush under the rug and dispell as tabloid drama of conspiracy theories. I would encourage the 6 billion humans on Earth, to keep on investigating the truth that we never knew because of the sworn silence of a secret world trade society conquered and reconquered many many times. To me the Gig is up, thanks to those bravehearts who had the nerve to expose the truth/s. I thank God for those brave freedom fighting rebels. PRO LIBERATE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 08:39 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
You know Hiram, I have never hidden the fact that I am a Freemason and to be honest I'm quite proud of the fact that I am, I'm proud of the fact that members of this ancient fraternity can sit together as one body and not care what your religious or political affiliation might be and work together in harmony and peace for the betterment of all mankind. What you and people like you fail to comprehend is that this is the only fraternal organization where Muslims, Jews, Christians and members of all different faiths can come together as one body and work together for the betterment of mankind, we don't try to change your religious belief nor do we try to change your political belief, those two particular things do not matter to us. Do you know why the different religions are afraid of us and why they tell their lies about us, it is because as a group we do not worship any of them and yet we respect all of them and this is something that the different aspects of the different religions cannot understand about the Masonic fraternity, we treat everyone as equals. Unfortunately the different religious persuasions do not do that, you don't treat me with respect because of my belief and yet I respect you for your belief, mainly because you are entitled to that. Each and every different religious persuasion has its followers brainwashed and the idea that their religion is the only true religion, to those of us that are members of the Masonic fraternity that doesn't matter, we treat each other with respect because we are all human beings and that it is everybody's inherent right to be treated as human beings and that means we treat each other with respect and that is why I am a proud member of the Masonic fraternity and I do not hide that and I never will.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
Was John Locke in the Illuminati, or was the Illuminati after him? Why did he have to flee to Holland with Shrewsbury? He's the one who wrote 'Two Treatises of Government', behind the scenes of the Religious Leadership of the Monarchy of that time, wasnt he? He died 1704. He must have studied Sir/Saint Thomas More's Utopia, they were both educated men. Henry VIII hated Sir Thomas, because he wouldnt let Henry divorce Katherine "of Aragon", so he could marry his concubine Anne Bolyn whom had already had Elizabeth.
But moreover, why would todays Freemasons deny the Lodge #0 at Kilwinning Scotland? Why would they overlook the origination of Scottish Freemasonry in the years shortly after William the Conquerer came to power? Why would anyone continue to smear the name and reputation of Hugh De Morville, who held one of the most prestigious burial places in the Holy Land, the Temple Mound Porch of King Solomon?
Who made Thomas Beckett a Saint? and when? and why?and what was his mission that he made Henry II so mad he would send his top 4 Knights to do whatever was really done there? Too many questions to just brush under the rug and dispell as tabloid drama of conspiracy theories. I would encourage the 6 billion humans on Earth, to keep on investigating the truth that we never knew because of the sworn silence of a secret world trade society conquered and reconquered many many times. To me the Gig is up, thanks to those bravehearts who had the nerve to expose the truth/s. I thank God for those brave freedom fighting rebels. PRO LIBERATE!
OrionsAngle, I cannot speak of John Locke and the Illuminati, I do know that the Illuminat came into being May 1, 1776 in Bavaria and that by 1785 it cease to exist.
As for the Kilwinning Lodge #0 in Scotland, it is possible that that Lodge was given a different number when the Grand Lodge of Scotland was formed after the Grand Lodge of England was formed in 1717. Prior to the formation of grand lodges,each Masonic Lodge was an independent lodge, when the grand Lodge system was formed the independent lodges were given different numbers and possibly different names under that grand Lodge system, so it may not be that they deny that Lodge, it just may be that it's under a different name today.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:28 AM

348 posts, read 557,177 times
Default Church

Quote:
ptsum
northsider, Hiram is a self proclaimed evangelistic fundamentalist Christian, he doesn't belong to any particular church, his church is in his delusional mind.
Right, I do not have a church, because the one whom I belong to did not establish a church. Church is a mistranslated word from the Greek "ekklesia," and man has given himself jurisdiction over the word "church".

John 15:4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:59 AM

444 posts, read 1,211,838 times
Do the Freemasons have dealings with the mining of the World's Natural Resources? I wondered because I have seen the symbols on the Gold mines that are now superfund cleanup designation sites. I wondered who got to take the gold out of the earth, and not have to spend it to clean up their toxic waste mess.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:18 AM

OrionsAngle, here's the thing about your question, the Masonic fraternity is not involved in any kind of corporations, that does not mean that the owners of the corporations are not Free Masons, and that's highly possible but as a fraternity we do not get involved in such matters as telling a person how to run their business nor do we own such businesses as a fraternity, generally we frown upon any use of Masonic symbols being used for business purposes however some individuals have been known to use the symbols for just that and there are other organizations who use some of the same symbols, they're not exclusive to just Freemasonry.

Like windtimber says in the post below, if there's a Masonic Lodge within that same area of operations I'm going to assume that it's mere coincidence that there's any Masonic symbols near the mining operations.

Last edited by ptsum; 08-04-2008 at 10:30 AM..

Old 08-04-2008, 10:21 AM

733 posts, read 4,654,092 times
Quote:
Do the Freemasons have dealings with the mining of the World's Natural Resources? I wondered because I have seen the symbols on the Gold mines that are now superfund cleanup designation sites. I wondered who got to take the gold out of the earth, and not have to spend it to clean up their toxic waste mess.
Eh? That's a new one. I presume that over the centuries there have been prospectors, mine owners, etc. who belonged to the fraternity. That said, I am unaware of any Masonic lore, tradition, or activity involving participation in the extraction of Earth's natural resources. The National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum in Leadville, Colorado, is up the hill from the Leadville Masonic Temple. But that's coincidental as the Hall of Fame is in the old Leadville school.

If you have pictures or locations of mining operations sporting Masonic symbols, please share them. It might provide an interesting opportunity to do some historical research.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:40 AM

733 posts, read 4,654,092 times
Quote:
ORIONSANGEL - Thanks for the question. After my immediately previous response I "googled" masonic mining.

Up popped the Masonic Mining District in Mono County, California. Apparently gold was discovered and a number of miners who were also Freemasons decided the area should be called the "Masonic Mines" or something similar due to their common membership in the fraternity. That is not to say it was a Masonic endeavor. I compete zealously in business with other members of my Masonic lodge who are in similar occupations. That does not mean, however, that we do not share a close fraternal friendship. The "Masonic Mines" were so named because the separate owners/operators were Freemasons, not because it was a fraternal business endeavor.

I guess I now have another obscure place to visit sometime!

Old 08-04-2008, 11:18 AM

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir...1 Chemung Mine, Masonic, CA - a set on Flickr

OrinsAngle, here are two websites that will give you more information about the mining company you're talking about. It is a history about the mining and the area.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:12 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,036,053 times
Quote:
As far as I know, Lodge #0 at Kilwinning is a completely legitimate lodge operating under the Grand Lodge of Scotland, so who is denying it? They trace their origin to an operative lodge involved in building abbey there during the 12th century A.D.

Note: one thing that trips a lot of people up is when they neglect to discern between Operative masons and Speculative masons. Operative masonry involves the construction of stone-and-mortar buildings. Speculative masonry attaches philosophical meanings to the tools and methods of Operative masonry. Operative masonry dates back to the first buildings of stone. Speculative Masonry is unable to trace itself back more than about 400 years.

It has traditionally been very attractive for Freemasons (and their opponents) to assign some very ancient origin to the craft. However, careful historical study doesn't really bear this out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality